iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old Logging Camp Pics

Started by dirtymartini, August 20, 2015, 04:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtymartini

I don't know if this is the right place for these pics but I have gotten so much good information from this forum I thought I would share these old pics I have of my Great-Great Grandfather W.P. Brookes taken in what looks to be some kind of lumber camp somewhere in Indian Territory (now Oklahoma).

I have no idea what year it was taken. I believe he was some kind of Lawman. He is seated on the horse in the second picture.

Warped

Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

dirtymartini

Quote from: Warped on August 20, 2015, 04:26:52 PM
Cool! Got anymore?

Unfortunately, that's all I have...wish I knew more about when it was taken and why.

Magicman

Thanks for sharing your pictures.  Gotta watch them loggers 'cause they are a buncha shady characters.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

I love looking at old pics and can spend a good amount of time thinking just how nice we have it now.

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Magicman on August 20, 2015, 07:14:33 PM
Thanks for sharing your pictures.  Gotta watch them loggers 'cause they are a buncha shady characters.   :D

2 kinds of people you gotta watch mill hands and loggers  :D :D :D :o
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Wallee

I will look this weekend and see what photos I can dig up of my great grandfather and great great uncles sawmill. I remember my grandfather telling me a story about how once the furnace blew on the mill and killed 3 mill hands.
Lt28 Woodmizer, International 3514 wheel loader, husqvarna 450,455 rancher, and 372xp saws, 1990 international 4700 log truck, Prentice 180b knuckleboom!

js2743

from looking at the pic's if he is on the horse in the second he is standing in the first one looks like.

dirtymartini

Quote from: js2743 on August 21, 2015, 03:39:53 AM
from looking at the pic's if he is on the horse in the second he is standing in the first one looks like.

You are correct, he is standing on the far right in the first picture.

dirtymartini

Zooming in on the pics you can see a rifle in the scabbard on his horse. Also in the pic where he is standing you can make out the butt of a revolver and holster on his left hip.

It also looks like a badge or star on the lapel of his jacket.

js2743

That's awesome, I love seeing old pictures like this.

SwampDonkey

A snapshot to the past, great old pictures.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chrissheerman

Thank You Sponsors!