iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wallee's Milling Thread

Started by Wallee, August 25, 2015, 12:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upper

I Just got the 35HD a week ago,love it but I am inches away from swapping it out for a 40HD.

Stihl 661
Alaskan 36 CSM
36" guillotine splitter powered by a GMC V6
I like to build stuff
LT35HD Wood-Mizer

Seavee

Congratulations.   I was told 6 weeks when I wrote the check for my lt50. A few days later it moved to 9-10 weeks. Still waiting!
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Wallee

Quote from: Seavee on February 19, 2016, 03:35:37 PM
Congratulations.   I was told 6 weeks when I wrote the check for my lt50. A few days later it moved to 9-10 weeks. Still waiting!
I hope that is not the case for me..... lol
Lt28 Woodmizer, International 3514 wheel loader, husqvarna 450,455 rancher, and 372xp saws, 1990 international 4700 log truck, Prentice 180b knuckleboom!

Wallys World

I went from a LT15 to the LT28. I felt like driving a Yugo to a Caddy. I don't know if it is the height difference or the power drive. I also have a Woodmizer EG50 single blade edger which really helps. If I have help you can really boost production.
I enjoy reading about your experences in sawing, keep them coming.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Wallee

Quote from: Wallys World on February 21, 2016, 06:59:04 PM
I went from a LT15 to the LT28. I felt like driving a Yugo to a Caddy. I don't know if it is the height difference or the power drive. I also have a Woodmizer EG50 single blade edger which really helps. If I have help you can really boost production.
I enjoy reading about your experences in sawing, keep them coming.
Thanks! Will keep everyone posted. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the upgrade! I think I am going to find it nice as well. Talked with woodmizer today and Im looking at about mid march for a delivery. I am very anxious lol.
Lt28 Woodmizer, International 3514 wheel loader, husqvarna 450,455 rancher, and 372xp saws, 1990 international 4700 log truck, Prentice 180b knuckleboom!

Wallee

While I'm waiting delivery of my new lt28, business must go on! Here is a little cedar order I worked up last night.

Also while I'm waiting, been doing a little bit of logging for those who are interested in that as well!

gww

From your picture, your cedar looks pretty knot free compared to what I am used to.  Makes a pretty sawdust pile though it probly won't be as pretty when you are moving it.
Cheers
gww

4x4American

Looking good!  How are you liking the International?  Does that have a 366 or 466 or something else?

Gonna miss the 15 are ya?

Cedar looking purdy  :o
Boy, back in my day..

gfadvm

That's some pretty cedar. Ours is rarely that clear.

SkyDoc

Wow Wallee,

Had to read the entire thread in one sitting. I really appreciate you posting all of your successes and tribulations. I am waiting on my "starter mill" now. I am starting with a small manual bandsaw and I hope to upgrade to a fully hydraulic model later this year.

I have learned a lot reading your thread. Please keep the posts coming. I am cheering you on from Louisiana.

Doc
Dad always said "its easier to learn from someone else's  mistake than to make it yourself". Thats why I am here....

Wallee

Quote from: SkyDoc on February 28, 2016, 07:36:59 PM
Wow Wallee,

Had to read the entire thread in one sitting. I really appreciate you posting all of your successes and tribulations. I am waiting on my "starter mill" now. I am starting with a small manual bandsaw and I hope to upgrade to a fully hydraulic model later this year.

I have learned a lot reading your thread. Please keep the posts coming. I am cheering you on from Louisiana.

Doc
Thanks for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It sure has been a fun ride so far! Can't wait to get my lt28 in!

Wallee

Quote from: 4x4American on February 28, 2016, 04:06:09 PM
Looking good!  How are you liking the International?  Does that have a 366 or 466 or something else?

Gonna miss the 15 are ya?

Cedar looking purdy  :o
It's got a 7.3 in it! Same as the ford 1 tons from the 90's and early 2000's. I love the truck!
Probably won't miss the 15 when I get the 28!

4x4American

Duh lol it prolly has that blue/green looking T444E..

What are the main features you're looking forward to gaining with the 28?
Boy, back in my day..

Wallee

Quote from: 4x4American on February 28, 2016, 11:16:22 PM
Duh lol it prolly has that blue/green looking T444E..

What are the main features you're looking forward to gaining with the 28?
Mobile, bed frame design, and the cantiviler head design.

Magicman

Remember that even that LT28 frame has to be supported.  If the ground is soft I put boards under the outriggers to keep them from sinking into the ground.  I periodically check them to verify that they are all still carrying weight.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bkaimwood

Wow, Wally!!! That  cant is bleeding!!! I've never seen ERC that big or clear...
bk

Wallee

Quote from: Magicman on March 01, 2016, 05:30:12 PM
Remember that even that LT28 frame has to be supported.  If the ground is soft I put boards under the outriggers to keep them from sinking into the ground.  I periodically check them to verify that they are all still carrying weight.
Thanks for that tip! I will have to cut me some boards to go under them feet!
Quote from: bkaimwood on March 01, 2016, 06:56:17 PM
Wow, Wally!!! That  cant is bleeding!!! I've never seen ERC that big or clear...
I cut some ERC at a small job a few weeks ago that was 36" at the butt and around 26" at the 16'6" mark. It did have a bit of rot though. I got a job coming up that is going to have some pretty nice cedar on it. Will be hauling a bit to my mill and some of it is going to another mill at tree length. The other mill is using it for some type perfume or something??! Anywho they are paying good and take it tree length so thats a plus!

Wallee

So no milling to speak of till monday but look what I found at an estate sale this morning!
xl12

Got it to fire off then it went to spitting raw fuel out the exhaust when I tried to start it again. Thinking I need to check the carb over, may be something sticking or a bad dia. Will get some carb cleaner tomorrow and give her a once over. But hey it was only 12 bucks! Im a sucker for old saws!

Kbeitz

Quote from: Wallee on March 06, 2016, 12:56:54 AM
So no milling to speak of till monday but look what I found at an estate sale this morning!
xl12

Got it to fire off then it went to spitting raw fuel out the exhaust when I tried to start it again. Thinking I need to check the carb over, may be something sticking or a bad dia. Will get some carb cleaner tomorrow and give her a once over. But hey it was only 12 bucks! Im a sucker for old saws!

I just put a new old stock saw like that in the trash. It was never used untill I got it.
I used it for about one hour before it quit. I found out it needed a new gas line.
The line just fell apart. After about an hour of trying to replace the line it went to the trash.
The line was made in the block where you would need to take every nut bolt and whatever
off just to get to it. Wasnt worth it to me. After I trashed it I thought that maybe that
I could have ran the line on the outside of the case. Oh well I got to many saws now.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Wallee

Quote from: Kbeitz on March 06, 2016, 06:25:35 AM
Quote from: Wallee on March 06, 2016, 12:56:54 AM
xl12

I just put a new old stock saw like that in the trash. It was never used untill I got it.
I used it for about one hour before it quit. I found out it needed a new gas line.
The line just fell apart. After about an hour of trying to replace the line it went to the trash.
The line was made in the block where you would need to take every nut bolt and whatever
off just to get to it. Wasnt worth it to me. After I trashed it I thought that maybe that
I could have ran the line on the outside of the case. Oh well I got to many saws now.
Got it out today, started on 2nd pull. Runs like a top! Thinking about full restore and making it a shelf queen/ play with saw!

thecfarm

Kbeitz,hang it from the ceiling.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

Got to many hangers now....

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

losttheplot

Have you got any more pictures of the one with bicycle  wheels and a set of handle bars ?   :D                                                                                       
DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK !

4x4American

Quote from: losttheplot on March 06, 2016, 10:24:04 PM
Have you got any more pictures of the one with bicycle  wheels and a set of handle bars ?   :D                                                                                       

I saw that too, and wondered if it was a bicycle hanging behind it, or a crazy people eater power saw lol

Wallee, that's impressive it started on the second pull!  Don't feed it ethanol gas!
Boy, back in my day..

Kbeitz

I'll take some more pictures of one I do have with handle bars.
You might like this one to...

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!