iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are you working on?

Started by Dave Shepard, September 08, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Moved another load of timbers from the mill to my house. Forgot to get a pic of the finished parts. 16'x20' English barn.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ex-Engineer Wannabe

Had a recent HDD crash, so we lost lots of photos of this project.  What you can [hopefully] see is one of the long walls of an ICF foundation that will, in the end, support a frame.  What you can't see, unfortunately, are the integrated piers that the frame posts will sit upon. 

As this project is nearing the bracing and shoring phase, I'd like to hear from some of the folks who've integrated ICF into their projects or, just as well, from those on the boards who've built pure ICF structures.  A new thread perhaps?  I'm not sure where it would go...

Thanks for your time...  :P 
"Measure twice, cut once" -- Don't know who coined this one, but he was pretty wise.

Jim_Rogers

Back in 2011 I created a webpage showing my garden bench idea/design. I sold one or two back then to a local guy who came in while I was building the sample bench.

Since then nothing ever.

Until this week. A lady called me up and said she wanted one.
So we made one today:

She also wanted a bench for her mud room. She asked for a piece 2" thick 24" wide and about 4' long.
Well, I didn't have one like that but we did make it with two pieces.

I hope she likes it:

It's not timber framing but it's what I'm working on......

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Dave Shepard

Finished the rafters today. Plates and sills next.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

One more accomplishment Dave.  smiley_thumbsup  It's always a good feeling to finish something so that you can move on to the next step.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Bents are up. Maybe more pics tomorrow. I'm toast.

Carpenter

I've been building another cedar pergola. 

Our original beam package.

One post being cut, that's probably the first of the project.

Some of the logs that I had set aside for this project had some heart rot, so we had to do some emergency logging.  But, we pushed through and now the pre-fit is done. The peg holes are drilled and draw bored ready for assembly.  The rafters are nearly ready to go.  Everything needs oiled and it's ready for delivery. 

Here's a picture of the fit-up. 

Some of my first 3-4-5 braces!  I can't wait to stand this thing up for real. 

thechknhwk

Awesome stuff fellas.  I got done laying my upstairs floor last week.  About 1200 sq ft.

Dave Shepard

Plates on and rafters ready for tomorrow.

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

fishfighter

Y'all have some nice projects going on.

Dave, how big is that building?

Dave Shepard

John S

Timberwrestler,

Brad,

Just viewed your mortise and tenon video, great job!

John Snyder
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Brian_Weekley

Dave,  very nice!  Is that one for you, or did you build it for someone else?
e aho laula

Dave Shepard

fishfighter

Quote from: Dave Shepard on May 16, 2016, 12:34:59 PM
For a friend.

Heck, we can be friends, friend. :D

Did you go by plans? Or do you have a set for that building?

Once I finish the little camp, I'm going to take on something like what you are building, but with wings on each side. I need a clearance of 13' for my backhoe to get it out the weather.

Dave Shepard

I designed the frame. Cut it without drawings.

brendonv

Dave, forgot what you told me. Would that frame support a loft?

www.VorioTree.com

Dave Shepard

It should. I don't know what psf it would support. There wasn't time to deal with that now, but it will get a loft at some point.

Dave Shepard

We got the roof decked last night. We got most of it trimmed, but my phone doesn't take good photos by moonlight. :D

brendonv

Yes!!

What material for roof decking?  1x randm width?

www.VorioTree.com

Dave Shepard

Is all 1 1/4" side lumber from cutting the timbers. I put it all back on the mill and ripped everything to full inch widths because it was just stickered as it came off the mill in random widths. I think 1 1/4" is overkill, especially as this building is getting steel, not slate like the last one we built.

plowboyswr

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!