iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new to forum just wanted to say hello

Started by tom_the_sawyer, March 19, 2002, 05:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_the_sawyer

8) 8) 8) :D   just wanted to say hello to everyone I am new to this forum seems to be a good one I have a hudson portable band mill sawed 20 thousand ft  of white pine last summer sold it all now im getting a building built for my saw with a cement floor that will have radiant floor heating from a wood fired boiler also building a kiln every thing on my mill is manual manual feed turn logs by hand electric up and down powered by a winch also a winch for loading logs  last summer I lost 35 pounds but enjoyed every minute of the work I look forward to talking with all of you in the future ps i only saw part time i drive for fedex during the day

Jeff

Welcome there TTS!  Where ya from? :)

This is a good forum. The best of its kind. Possibly the only of its kind. pretty sure. I think
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedar Eater

Welcome, tom_the_sawyer. Something about working with logs makes that weight drop off  (unless you do it the easy way, blecchh!).
Cedar Eater

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

woodman

Welcome Tom put yourself on the member map. 8) 8) ;D
Jim Cripanuk

JoeyLowe

;D Big Howdy Do from Texas, Tom.  I've only been a member for a short time and I can attest that you won't find a nicer, more informed bunch of guys and gals.
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

ARKANSAWYER

Tom the sawyer,
    Put on your waders and come on in the BS is fine. :D   No, really, Welcome and learn with the rest of us.  After the first 100.000 bdft it gets easier (or you just don't care any more, I am not sure.)
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Frank_Pender

Tom-the-Sawyer

Welcome to the best of the best forums of it kind.  We all like to have a great deal of fun around here.  If you go back into the older portions of the forum you will discover a great number of interesting and fine points of the business end of things is sawmilling as well as  the background of wages paid in some parts of the trade (peas).  :D   Have fun and enjoy the learning end, also. Please let us know where you are located.  
Frank Pender

tom_the_sawyer

I am located in elmira n.y. right on the pa border

Ron Wenrich

Welcome.  I did some work down in Morris Run, real close to Blossburg, PA.  I used to run to Elmira for parts.  Nice town.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Bud Man

Looks like a fella named "Tom The Sawyer" would rather walk around in mud or sawdust, but I guess it gets tooooooo cold in the winter in Elmira, NY. :o   "Welcome Aboard", spin us some tale's !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

CHARLIE

Welcome to the forum Tom_the _Sawyer! There's a great bunch of people here.......and me. :D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!