iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shoulda listened to Magicman

Started by pineywoods, October 17, 2015, 09:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Been having an on-going problem with sinus problems. It comes and goes, never could put a finger on why. Then I noticed that some of the crud I was hacking up, tasted a bit like white oak wood. Yup, been sawing a bit of dry white oak lately, dry powdery dust. But my mill has a sawdust blower and a fan mounted atop the head, that should keep the dust at bay. Apparently not good enuff, so tried a good dust mask.. Problem solved, shoulda listen when Magic told us to always wear a dust mask...I beginning to wonder what other good Magic advice I've been ignoring ? I don't have any highly valuable creek walnut to give away, how about a bunch of standing dead pine ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

It is not the actual "sawdust", it is the "powder" that is flying around in the air that is generated not only from the sawing, but also from the Debarker, etc.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!