iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loggers and firewood.

Started by starmac, November 11, 2015, 10:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

Out of the loggers I know well enough to know what they heat with, none uses firewood.
Most of them sells firewood to at least some extent, but heck, one even hauls oil in to heat his logging camp.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ron Wenrich

Where I worked, the only guys that didn't use firewood were renters.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

starmac

To be fair, I should say logging company owners, of which I only know a handfull well enough to know what they heat with.
It just strikes me as funny.
I do know loggers that heat with wood.
I guess I am no different, I am in the woods every day, I can buy log truck loads of logs cheap, and just ordered 3 cords of 12 footers delivered for firewood.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

John Mc

I have a friend who sold about 250 cords of firewood last year. He buys log length, then he and his family cuts and splits them - all with a chainsaw and hydraulic splitter. They do not heat with wood. Their reason: we do enough monkeying around with firewood - danGed if we're going to mess with it for heat.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Chuck White

They probably sell enough firewood to offset the use of fuel oil in their own homes!

A load of firewood here will usually fill a fuel tank!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Outer Rondacker

Most stoves do not give a long enough burn time. If you are gone by 5/6am and back home around 8/9pm then wood will just not do in most cases. The boys I know that work in the woods start early and drink dinner before heading home. Most use propane in my area. At this current time firewood brings more money then propane or oil.

Thank You Sponsors!