The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Author Topic: What a day!  We milled a bunch of trees!  (Read 5805 times)

Offline JoeyLowe

• "In the German Tradition"
    • Share Post
Re: What a day! We milled a bunch of trees!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2002, 08:12:40 PM »
Hey Gordon:

The surgeon that cut me was pretty good.  I was taking comp time to nurse the back and the situation had turned pretty ugly.  The ortho doc wanted to treat it with pain killers and stretching but I couldn't even stand and could barely lie still for a minute at a time. Finally the ortho doc got tired of my whining and referred me to a neuro doc after about 3 weeks.  The neuro doc gave me an MRI the morning of the referral, read me the results before lunch and told me that he was cutting me after lunch and that I would be up and around without back pain by dinner.  He missed by two hours and I missed dinner. Nonetheless, after the surgery, I stayed home about ten days and then was assigned to desk duty.  Funny thing is that they couldn't keep me on the desk for long.  I was making as many arrests working the desk as I did on the street.  Seems that everyone who came through the front door was wanted.  So the L T put me back on the street about a month after returning to work. 8) 8)

Took some time getting used to wearing a vest again and the old Sam Brown rubbed on the scar making life miserable.  The first night out, we had a guy go bad after a routine traffic stop and he fled on foot.  I ended up jumping a fence right in front of my Sgt.  Afterwards, he took me aside and threatened to tell my wife if I didn't slow down. ???  So I did.
--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
English walnut trees      

Started by Left_Coast_Rich on Sawmills and Milling

6 Replies
Last post January 21, 2004, 03:50:53 PM
by D._Frederick
xx
Lost a bunch of trees today

Started by GATreeGrower on Forestry and Logging

22 Replies
Last post July 22, 2013, 09:55:00 PM
by WDH