iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It sure gets interesting

Started by customsawyer, February 09, 2016, 03:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Had a customer come by last night to pick up some 16' lumber on a 10' trailer. He said he had been using the trailer for years for feeding his horses. He just puts a round bale on the trailer and pulls it out in the pasture. Well after years of that use it might have rusted the tongue out a little.

It's a good thing that I have a welder in the shop.  ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodyone.john

And a good sense of humor to go with it ???
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Stuart Caruk

I had a guy show up with a trailer like that to pick up my 8500 pound forklift that I sold on Craigslist. I told him he was nuts, but he insisted. He had 2 or 3 layers of (dry rotted) 2" x 10" in the floor to "Beef it up". Since he'd already paid cash, I had him sign a waiver and pointed him to a suitable loading ramp he could drive on from. I wandered back out when I heard the crash of the steer axle going through the deck. I suggested he really should just hire a machinery mover and gave him the number to call. 
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

drobertson

It's happened before,  laughing is about the only response followed by some scabbing and welding,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

That sounds like something I would try, on the off chance that I might get away with it and save a dime.  Usually ends up costing a dollar though. :-\
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Magicman

I have no idea why the word "trunk" came to my mind??   ???   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Luckily, it didn't break out on the road.  And I'm sure the customer got a free welding job.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!