iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What kind of table do you think this is?

Started by Kennycrybaby, February 24, 2016, 11:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennycrybaby

Pulled an old table out of the rafters of a barn, and am breaking the wood up for various projects (I use salvage wood a lot). Going to make some boot jacks by request of some wranglers out of this and some pine. I haven't planed the finish off yet, but you can see the grain pattern through it, and I have some photos of the end grain after a fresh cut. I have a photo after ripping it as well. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated, thanks!

Kennycrybaby

Quote from: Kennycrybaby on February 24, 2016, 11:34:14 AM
Pulled an old table out of the rafters of a barn, and am breaking the wood up for various projects (I use salvage wood a lot). Going to make some boot jacks by request of some wranglers out of this and some pine. I haven't planed the finish off yet, but you can see the grain pattern through it, and I have some photos of the end grain after a fresh cut. I have a photo after ripping it as well. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated, thanks!

I'll be sanding and planing tonight now that the glue-up is dry, so I can put up pictures of the face of the planks without the finish if need be as well!

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kennycrybaby

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

bkaimwood

bk

Klunker

Looks like a kitchen table to me. Kinda small for a dining room table :D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Quote from: Klunker on February 26, 2016, 09:06:36 PM
Looks like a kitchen table to me. Kinda small for a dining room table :D

lol lol lol

Thanks Sherlock lol
Boy, back in my day..

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!