iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

rock bucket recommendation.(purchased with a picture)

Started by 47sawdust, February 29, 2016, 08:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

I'm looking for a 72'' Q/A rock bucket,no grapple,for my tractor.Homeowner use to sift stones and move firewood.
I would like to keep the weight under 700#.
Have any suggestions?

Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

AfraidChocker

I built my own, but I cobbled it together so it is pretty ugly. This person did a far better job. Maybe it is something you can do or have done for you?

As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

North River Energy

I found this MDS bucket on Craigslist a few years back. Have used it on the S185, mid-sized John Deere tractor, and presently on a Hough H30.
Takes some getting used to, but very pleased with the purchase. They are available with different tine diameter/spacing.

sandhills

Did it much modification to put it on the Hough?

North River Energy

Wasn't too complicated. Turned a set of pin bushings, welded those to the existing brackets. Welded each set of brackets together for final bore to size, and then made a third bracket for the Z-link bar.
Should have used heavier channel for the third bracket, but that's an easy fix.

47sawdust

Well here's the rock bucket I bought from Stinger attachments.It is very well made and excellent for moving split firewood away from the splitter when I get jambed up.I really like having a see thru bucket.Can't wait to use it for sifting my boney gravel .

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

North River Energy

Looks like a decent match to the tractor, weight wise.
Interested to know how the plate tooth arrangement/reinforcement bar works so far as 'pushing dirt' while loading out firewood.
Maybe post an update when you get a few hours on it?

47sawdust

My firewood is stacked on 1/3 cord pallets by hand,so dirt isn't an issue for me.All my splitting is done while we have snow cover and I'm done for this year.
The bucket weighs 700#,my loader is rated for about 2000#+.I will check in again with an update.
Mick

thecfarm

You got some snow up your way.Bare ground out in the open,out in the woods there was some. But this rain might take that away too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!