iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barn Find

Started by Jeff, May 16, 2016, 04:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Yea, found in my own new pole barn.  Tammy's step dad had these saws and said they were his dad's saws. He decided I now had room for him to give them to me, so he left them out in my new barn when I wasn't looking. They look pretty good other than lots of garage grime from being under a bench for god knows how long. Looks like the Remington is missing a switch. Both saws have the original manufacturers bars on them.  I'll post some more photos after I get them cleaned up better.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

motohed

The David Bradley was the first chainsaw , I ever ran . I don't want to ever run it again either .   :D

Jeff

I do not know what that beast weighs, but it has to be 30-40 lbs!

celliott

Old saws are cool  8)
I like the roller nose on the Remington
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

thecfarm

Hanging them jewels from the rafters? or?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedar Eater

Those 40 pound saws are great. All you have to do is set them on the log and let gravity do the work.  :D :D :D ;D
Cedar Eater

sawguy21

Just tie the throttle open and go for lunch. ;D I like old saws, hence my username, but really don't want to run one all day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandsawmill14

i have that same david bradley saw at least most of it but my great great uncle (yep they are that old)got a tree on it :( and broke it pretty much in half :-\    at least i think thats what happened  ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

starmac

Lordy, what did you ever do to your fIL. lol

At one time I thought I wanted to collect old saws and gathered up several old runners, finally decided I was never going to do anything but look at them so passed them on.
They do make nice decorations and remind us how tough the older generations were.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ada Shaker

Wishing we had barns here.  ::)

Nice saws BTW.
If it hangs to the left, your likely to be a Husqvarna man.
If it hangs to the right, your likely to be a Stihl man.
Anything else is an uncomfortable compromise.
                             AND
Walking with one foot on either side of a barbed wire fence can become extremely uncomfortable at times.

mad murdock

Those remingtons look like stout saws! Nice barn "present" there 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Al_Smith

That old David Bradley is most likely a 360 model which they sold a bunch of them.It wasn't because it was such a good saw it's because Sears and Roebuck offered time payments.Slow as a snail but built like a Sherman tank .I've got one myself .

Jeff

Al_Smith

Power products AH-47 engine.It used a "Fairbanks-Morse" type recoil starter assembly which became a nuisance after a while and was obviously removed at some point of time.

cbla

Bigfoot870

No plastic in those bad boys :)

Carson-saws

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Straightgrain

Antique Road Show; I'd like to see them lift the saws.....
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

skipster

Quote from: starmac on May 16, 2016, 11:19:53 PM
Lordy, what did you ever do to your fIL. lol

At one time I thought I wanted to collect old saws and gathered up several old runners, finally decided I was never going to do anything but look at them so passed them on.
They do make nice decorations and remind us how tough the older generations were.
Thats what I've been doing as well,its great to get em running,cut a few logs then put them away and look at them.
After a while,you get sick of looking at them.........

Al_Smith

-----given enough time you run out of places to put them also---

Thank You Sponsors!