iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So, what one does with slabs that were going to the burn pile

Started by fishfighter, June 05, 2016, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Had a couple pine slabs that were not good for framing lumber due to knots. Normally, I just burn them till I came up with a little idea. Needed some benches around my pond. So this is the first one.

Took about an hour to build. Cost, less then a dollar. ;D

ladylake

Nice, should sell for around $100 easy.  My wife says at least $150 .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ljohnsaw

Nice!

What did you do to attach the parts?  Cleats and 4" screws from the bottom side?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

S O L D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishfighter

Every thing is 1 1/2" thick. The angles for everything is 15 degrees. Used gorilla glue and 2 1/2" galvanized wood screws. The legs have blocking to back them up and which the legs screw into.

Easy project that will make the wife happy. ;D 

thecfarm

I guess I will have to make the wife happy. I will have to build more than one.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

I need about 6 or 7 to go around my pond in different spots. ;D

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

tmarch

Very nice.  I make a few benches and have a hint, radius the sharp corners on the lower ends of the seat a bit.  Had a toddler catch one and it hurt me worse than him. ;)
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

larrydown60

valley ranch

Look very nice, must have another look to see how you did it. Thanks for posting that.

http://www.nevadaservicedogs.org/

kelLOGg

EYP seats but I was out of suitable cedar for the legs so I used treated 2 x 10s
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!