iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Hang tight, Ed.  You will get through this.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

newoodguy78

Good to hear from you Ed, wishing you and Rita a merry Christmas. Hang in there man. 

Bricklayer51

hang in there ed im still here not much left of me but i aint given up have a merry christmas  randy

barbender

Ed, Merry Christmas to you and Rita, you are an inspiration! 
Too many irons in the fire

Ed_K

Hi and Merry Christmas, to Mike, because I'm already going to Bay State Cancer center they just ok'd staying there.
 Yesterday I had a 2nd rad treatment and found out that I will go back 3 more times Mon, Tues and Wed, this should shrink the tumor down to where it will dissipate and my system will get rid of it. So they say.
 After new years they'll do another MRI and C-T scan to see how good the 5 did. They did say I could have to do more. Hopefully not.

Thanks y'all.
Ed K

WDH

Good news, Sir.  Stay the course.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mike_belben

I was born there.. In a building i think has been torn down, called wesson womens hospital at the time.  Wife worked at mercy
Praise The Lord

Ed_K

Finished my 5th run  8) , and the pain is almost all gone. I can't believe that some x-ray or what ever can take a +10 down to a 2 or 3 in 2 shots  :o . Rita an I had a meeting with a Dr. in the rad dept yesterday where He explained how it went, saying that the tumor has done what they expected and was real happy with the results  ;) well me too. After todays an RN came and talked to us and more or less said that we're all done no more will be needed but if I have any pain anywhere to call my cancer doctor immediately, as my myeloma can grow these things anywhere on me  :o Oh, the Hospital food hasn't improved any  ;D chicken still doesn't taste like chickin.
Ed K

HemlockKing

Godspeed Ed. 

Hospital food sucks. 
A1

PoginyHill

Quote from: mike_belben on December 25, 2021, 02:08:58 PM
I was born there.. In a building i think has been torn down, called wesson womens hospital at the time.  Wife worked at mercy
My oldest daughter was born there. Torn down, huh?
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

WDH

Sp pleased to hear this news, Ed.  Carry on, Sir. 

mike_belben

Quote from: PoginyHill on December 29, 2021, 07:05:31 PM
Quote from: mike_belben on December 25, 2021, 02:08:58 PM
I was born there.. In a building i think has been torn down, called wesson womens hospital at the time.  Wife worked at mercy
My oldest daughter was born there. Torn down, huh?
i havent been by there in 6 or 8 years but there was major construction when i still lived in the area.  ed could tell ya better than i can.  
so how ya feeling ed, pain improve any now that theyre shrunk it?  is that what you meant by +10 to 2?   i hope so. 
Praise The Lord

Ed_K

Yes about the pain, this morning no pain so we started dropping back on the small pain pills an using tylonal to see how far I can get. The hospital is like a 1/2 mi. long and 1/3 mi. wide, it's the biggest one I've ever been to.
Ed K

sawguy21

I'm glad to see you still fighting the demon. 8) I think hospital food is universally bad so no one wants to stay any longer than necessary. I lost 15lb in five weeks at a military facility and didn't have any to spare, sure wish I could do that now.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ed_K

When they started with this radiation treatment they put me back on dexamethazone, it's a anti-inflation of some sort. Well I knew it has a side effect on making your mouth run and run, which is ok IF you have something to say. It also will turn you mean. I have known about the side effect since I started taking cancer drugs, was real care full with the way I felt and if I got cranky I stop talking to Rita. I got into her because we were to go to the town offices for n95 masks and she was on fb. Then the worst we got there and one of the selectmen was there, another Vet. We've been having trouble with new people moving into town and now they're trying to make it better even tho they moved here because it IS a great little town to live in. Well I lit into him about him and about the other selectman who let this new lady, that just got elected start changing thing. Now I've got to get a hold of him a explain my feelings. Oh well ::).
Ed K

mike_belben

Its good that you recognise it and will make ammends.

My wife has been on countless meds since ive known her and its come with an endless supply of mood swings to endure from her.  Same with the bulk of ADHD meds we trialed for the boy the past few years.  Hed surely be expelled without them!  

Theyre mostly amphetamines so the kid goes from wonderful to super mean every day as he comes down.  That was a trying period.  Switching to atomoxetine has been much much better.

I dont need any help from pharma to be a meanie unfortunately.  
Praise The Lord

Bruno of NH

Ed 
You are one tough man.
I'm glad to call you my friend.
So happy they got the tumor .
The mood swings on meds is a hard thing . I have always been a happy guy , I have to watch myself now.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

After having the radiation treatments and not having the pain in my shoulders, when I backed off on some of the pain meds I've found that there's more pain down lower on my spine lowest ribs on the right side. We went to an appointment with the nurse practitioner told her about the pains and tomorrow I go for another pet/sc. She's concerned that the multipule Myelome can grow these tumors just about anywhere. I need to get to where I can motivate and get some w/pine cut before the freeze goes away.
Ed K

mike_belben

will be prayin for ya ed. 
Praise The Lord

Magicman

My prayer is for healing grace and comfort.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

Thanks for the prayers. I got a call yesterday morning, from the doctor the did the radiation treatments and she was concerned about the pet/scan and said she was going to call my cancer doctor and see what his recommendations would be. He on maternity leave. Anyway later in the afternoon I got a call from the appointment lady and wanted to make an appointment for next Tue. I hope they don't find anything bad.
Ed K

hacknchop

You are in our thoughts we are pulling for you.
Often wrong never indoubt

thecfarm

I am hoping and thinking of you too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wisconsitom

Wishing you the best, Ed.  

Ask me about hybrid larch!

Thank You Sponsors!