iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did you know...?

Started by 4x4American, October 12, 2016, 08:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

That wood-mizer has something way more useful than those swinging bed rails?

I seen it on the 70 super at the Boonville show and I went up to Barry and said I want it, can you get me one?  He said yup, and well, I didn't end up ordering it until a few weeks ago but, if you're cutting rr ties, definitely a worthwhile thing.  I plan to weld on a ramp, fabric make a roller that will bolt in where the hitch goes, and then another ramp for that table in the distance.  In due time...

Boy, back in my day..

Andries

Hey, that looks like a great item!
RR ties, or wide and thick hardwoods - they'd move right along.
Watch it Doug, one big push and those ties will land in the grass field just past your forklift  ;)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

4x4American

Well shoot, at the speed the headrig goes back, anythings possible!  I set the height on this to that of a bedrail so it still acts as a bedrail.  I tell you what, this thing is all there, I didn't know that something that small could be so heavy!
Boy, back in my day..

Brucer

I think my brain just went into overload coming up with questions :D. Will it swing flat against the main beam the way the swinging bedrails do? If so, in both directions, or just one. And do they make a mirror image one for the other end of the mill?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

4x4American

Quote from: Brucer on October 13, 2016, 12:58:53 AM
I think my brain just went into overload coming up with questions :D . Will it swing flat against the main beam the way the swinging bedrails do? If so, in both directions, or just one. And do they make a mirror image one for the other end of the mill?

Inquiring minds want to know.

This one has a through bolt that keeps it locked straight-ish, but if you were to take that out it will swivel freely until it hits something that no long allows it to swivel freely.  I am willing to bet that it would kiss the main beam going backerds to the hitch end, but I think that lip would stop it going da other way.  I am not sure if they make a mirror image one for the other side, I thought about it, but that's as far as I got  :D
Boy, back in my day..

Brucer

Quote from: 4x4American on October 13, 2016, 08:07:07 PM
This one has a through bolt that keeps it locked straight-ish, but if you were to take that out it will swivel ...

OK, I see it now. Hmmm ....
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!