iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

poppets in hyd winch lines

Started by minn firewood cutter, November 04, 2016, 07:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minn firewood cutter

I have a 1984 230 tj does anybody know if the hyd lines should have poppets in them. Or were they not used in 84 and newer machines. My 1970 225 has them this one does not. Thanks

Neilo

I think any Eaton winch hydraulics needs them. They are to stop load dropping When you start or stop winching. So see if you have that problem with this machine.

David-L

I had an 83 230a and a 82 225A with Eaton / Hercules winch and the dropping the hitch was due to a poppet issue. So yes , I think you need them, at least on the winch circuit. My 225D had them but they looked to be in a seperate fitting on the line. On my 225A the hitch would drop a bit when the lever was put in the middle after winching in. If I remember the poppet was in backwards. Good luck.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Neilo

The poppet valves in early winches were colored, but plain on late winches. I think you need the plain ones.

I don't have a parts source in the US

Ox

Are poppets the same thing as check valves?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

dixmont

The poppets in your machine should be under the fittings in the control valve. That's where they were originally .they are brass hex shaped good luck

Thank You Sponsors!