iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder air filter question

Started by mf40diesel, November 07, 2016, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf40diesel

I'm totally full of questions right now. Sorry. As I have been posting, I have a 1966 TJ 225 with a 353. I have just completed servicing the machine and was happy to see that it had an air filter. Being that old, I suppose it's totally possible that it could have been an empty housing. Any way. The housing seems to be in pretty good shape, replaced the filter, which was pretty dirty and all seems okay. With that said though, the removable section on the bottom, has a 2" hole on the side which was pretty corroded. I believe it should have had a rubber evacuator valve which is long since disappeared.

Easy enough to get one, however it seems that with that hole there it is a complete bypass around the filter. Even with the rubber valve there it seems like it's still a bypass, I doubt those evacuators are a perfect seal.  I put my hand On it and it sucks my hand there? I think I'm going to throw some duct tape over it for now. I'm I out to lunch?
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Spartan

mines welded shut in the air filter housing, never had any problems

Thank You Sponsors!