iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this normal?

Started by yukon cornelius, January 15, 2017, 01:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

Is it just us or does this commonly happen?

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

ozarkgem

Not normal here, but then again I don't have any goats. I bet there is a goat expert somewhere on this forum.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Gearbox

There better off there than on top of your car or your house .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

47sawdust

I think they wanted to be first in line for the chili feed.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Don P

Look on the bright side, at least you don't have locusts.

Texas Ranger

David Poston, or resident goat herder, will be along shortly.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

Very normal,if you bond with them.
We had 3 that followed us around like a dog. Well really better than the dog.  ;D  We had one goat that would stay by my side,just about no matter what. I would be trimming around the rocks and the trees at the pasture that I was claiming back as a field and the goat would be by my side squinting to keep the stuff that the trimmer was kicking up out of her eyes.
The other 2 would wander off and be back to to me and could not see me. They would start to balch and act like they was lost. I would speak to them and they would come running and jumping back to me.All happy to see me. Repeat in about 15 minutes.
They only got out twice,both times I was trying to make a big enough gate to get the tractor in. Once my FIL came and told me he had to fight his way through the goats to get into the house.
The other time we had 3 goats and one dog on the front lawn when we got home.
So yes,very normal.
I even had those 3 goats trained. If they got into something that I did not want them into I would sharply say,Out,Out,Out and they would leave it alone.
I really miss them 3 goats.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TKehl

Wouldn't shock me at my house.  The dog generally keeps them off HIS porch, but is okay with them being on the cars.   :)  No sense having a nice car and goats!   :)  (If you do have both, you won't have one or the other long  :D )

Couldn't keep the buck out this year and have 7 newborns running around so far. 
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

yukon cornelius

These guys just run around here with no fenced area. They really are easy to manage. I walk them to a fenced in area at the back side of our place for a garden. Its around a half mile back there. If they get out they come straight home. Very smart stubborn animals. Its always fun around here  ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandsawmill14

my nephews had a billy get on the school bus with them a couple of years back :o :D :D :D caused a little excitement for the lady bus driver for a few minutes but no harm done :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

wesdor

A neighbor has 130 milking goats which translates into a lot more kids born at this time each year (many does have twins).  He bottle feeds the kids and they become nearly part of the family.  The follow him around and he was on TV a couple years ago with the little ones jumping on his back when he was on all fours.  I sometimes think they don't realize they are goats.

TKehl

It's cute watching them jump and play.  Until they're bigger (heavier)... and I'm laid on the ground working on the lawnmower...  and they leap from the seat...   ::)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

sawguy21

We were visiting our niece last summer, one of her goats followed me into the trailer and had no intention of leaving. I finally got the DanG thing out with no damage or messes on the floor, Karen was in tears laughing.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!