iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

little saws

Started by JD_Kid, December 02, 2004, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD_Kid

Hi ya's
I'm thinking of getting a small saw  for tree pruning  like a top handle kinda model ..whats peoples views on these  i see echo ,dolmar ,husky .stihl etc etc  all seem to make one about 30-35 cc ..only want to run a 10 or 12 inch bar just for pruning 5-8 year old pines  ..
thanks
JD Kid
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

kenskip1

JD,
 I also have been lurking about for a small saw. Husky is out as the 136,141 are nothing but Poulans incognito. The Stihl MS 180 seems to be getting several good reviews.Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Kevin

My Husqvarna 335 has been a good little saw now that I replaced the stock muffler with a modified one.
I use it at work daily and  on the weekends clearing trails and making new ones.

Dean Hylton

MS 200T Hands Down!!!! These are the hottest little saws out there. They will cut with an 044 as long as it can get it's bar on it. I have sold everything 020T/ MS200T I could get my hands on as fast as I could get it in. I finally went out and played with one :o WOW!  If Stihl were to ever take, let say, an 026 package and make it do what the 020T does pound for pound; Then I would say you could get rid of just about every other saw in there line up that was any heavier than the 10.5  pounds of the 026. Just my opinion though 8)

JD_Kid

Hi ya's
thanks for the info ,i'll have to do some surfing on the net and see some ringing around  i know the ms 190t and ms 200t are in NZ along with the echo cs350t/2600/3400 i don't know if husky bring in the 334t or 338xpt  ..or dolmars 3400t ..some of the other smaller saws are about miter 10 (building dep) sell poulan for under 1/5 of the price of the stihl  and for the amount of work i got to do it maybe a idea
thanks for ya replys
JD

Lewis Brander

To JD Kid. Just be carefull. Be informed about what you're buying. You get what you pay for. Are you looking for a quality tool to last you for what you want or a cheepie to get a particulay job done for now, a thow away. That seems to me to be the mentallity of a lot of people these days. Buy cheap, use it, then throw it away when it there's a problem with it. I would rather buy a quality tool, maintain it and use it for a longer period. Just seems it would cost less in the long run of things. JMO. Lewis..
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

JD_Kid

Hi ya Lewis
thats my view too ,i have run dolmar saws all my life and in same ways  would look at the 3400  BUT i don't know if they are in new zealand  ..the stihl  MS 190T/200T i know are and the husky i'm not sure   any of those 3 brands would be my first pick   but as ya know there is always a ring in (outsider) that people have used and have had a great run with  ..i guess the more views people can give on what they have and had a good or bad run with the better informed  image can be built up ..
catch ya
JD

Thank You Sponsors!