iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to find gas and bar oil combo can/ best bar brand

Started by Mr.Rapidan, April 07, 2017, 10:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Rapidan

I am trying to find a gas can with gas on one side, chain oil on the other half. Also, looking into a new bar, which offbrand (not stihl) would anyone recommend that has a skip chain as an option for 3/8 on 20" or 24" bars, please include links.
Stihl chainsaws, leaf blowers, edgers, and everything in between.

ButchC

Hi, I am not a fan of any of the combo cans so can't help you there. Your bar cares not if you run skip or full compliment chain. What is important to know is your pitch (3/8) and guage, (likely .050) Bars are  like saws are and come in home owner, mid grade and pro grade.  I dispise the home owners bars myself. If you go to Oregon Web site and find the product selector chose professional grade parts and enter your information and they make it easy, good, better,  best choices.  Or just call one of the site sponcers  like LCS and ask. Personally I like the power match bars on my larger saws and prolite bars for limbing.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

BBTom

It was my understanding that the combo "piggy" cans can no longer be manufactured due to CARB compliance.   You know, that is where some stupids that have never used a gas can designed the things you can buy today that spill more gas. 

Edit:  It seems they do still make them, with the stupid nozzle on them.  Google "piggy gas can"  and you will find some.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

teakwood

I have 2 stihl combo cans since 15 years, they work great.  Spend  the extra money in the zero spill nozzle, worth every $
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Mr.Rapidan

Thanks, I'll look up both the piggy and stihl combo cans
Stihl chainsaws, leaf blowers, edgers, and everything in between.

OH logger

mine are Scepter I think is the brand name. a little heavier than the wedco but will last a ton longer. mine has had trees and skidder on it and I dump out the gas or oil bring it home and put the air hose in it and its as good as new. only once have I had to putty a crack shut from doing that and its on the top and no trouble. even the gas spout is original and don't leak and ive had it forever! I had a wedco once. read my lips J-U-N-K  ;). paper thin and the nozzles leaked like old faithful. sorry for the rant but I'm funny about a few things and gas cans are one of them  :D

oh and Oregon powermatch plus on the bars
john

Magicman

Google "Stihl Gas Can toolbox.  There are two of these on eBay up for bid now.  No, mine is not for sale at any price.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Savannahdan

Do a search for
  CARB Approved Mini Piggy Oil-Gas Container
Couple of places sell them. Hold about 1.5 gallons of gas.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

teakwood

Quote from: Magicman on April 14, 2017, 02:40:56 PM

Google "Stihl Gas Can toolbox.  There are two of these on eBay up for bid now.  No, mine is not for sale at any price.

that thing has to be from around the 60's or 70's  :D :D.
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Magicman

Yes, mid 70's. smiley_thumbsup  I've been offered $100 for it several times, but I could not replace it, so it's not for sale.   no_no
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DelawhereJoe

There was another company that had the same design that was also being sold on fleabay too, Blitz fuel can tool mate....I think it was. It looks like it was made by the same people almost.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Thank You Sponsors!