iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Georgia Sawing project 2018

Started by customsawyer, January 21, 2018, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

I try to be aware that I don't put diesel in my gas tank.  Something I might do when I get hot-stupid.  And I don't have to get very hot for that to kick in. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There were people taking lots of pictures but some pics will not be posted for a couple weeks due to their traveling plans  so stay tuned. 😊
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Southside

Like the others said, add Howes or another lubricant, even two cycle oil, and fill with diesel, you will be fine. I have personally done it and have a buddy in Kansas that does it to cut his winter fuel, he farms 5,000 acres so he runs a lot of fuel. 

New York - Love it!!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Texas Ranger

Kinda looks like Phish will be swimming home.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There are some really bad storms coming through the south right now.
Hope those guys get home safely.

thecfarm

You guys from NY use gas to thin diesel........Never heard of it,kero,yes,but never gas.
Yes,I hope all get home safe.
I like pictures too.  ;D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Andries

We're driving in rain now - heading Northwest to Atlanta.
Canada is a long way off.
If it turns to snow, I'll be okay - I'm used to that.
If it turns to tornados, well . .  we're not used to that.
We'll find a place to hunker down and wait it out.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

Wow what a great weekend. Many thanks to all that pitched in to make it what it is. This project is only as great as those that attend it. THANK YOU.

Poston when it comes to your truck I don't know what size your fuel tank is but if memory serves it isn't but about 12-14 gallons. I would recommend removing as much of the gas as you can. Blending fuel is one thing but trying to run mostly gas with just some oil or AT fluid in it would be risky.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

123maxbars

Great event, first time attending. Jake was a great host, The education of a gathering like this is priceless.  I added a lot to my tool box over the weekend,

I have a lot of footage captured and should have a good compilation video finished in a few days. 

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

slider

David ,i'm with Jake on this one i would drain it to be safe.
al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm gonna start a new thread in General to keep this THE GEORGIA PROJECT thread.
Please add your remarks there about GAS IN DIESEL.

Thanks, Goat

Kbeitz

If it has an electric fuel pump you can just unhook the line and turn on the key and pump it out.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Deese

I've got some pics on my phone from this weekend. I'll upload them tomorrow if I have time.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

joman

I had a great time at the sawing project.I was debating on whether to go or not,but boy am I glad that I went.I got to meet a bunch of members and Jake and his wife made me feel right at home.Now when when i see some of your posts I can put a face with it and that is so much better. I got to learn some new sawing techniques and have a great time while doing it. Jake thank you very much!!  PS The food was great also.
89 Woodmizer LT40HD
Morgan LittleChamp Edger

YellowHammer

Martha and I made it home and we had a great time at the Project.  Lots off first class people, lots of first class food, and lots of first class fun.  Thanks Jake, Tammy, and all who helped and participated.  The diversity and knowledge of the attendees is amazing, I always learn things when I attend.  Great job.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on April 15, 2018, 08:24:42 PM
Martha and I made it home and we had a great time at the Project.  Lots off first class people, lots of first class food, and lots of first class fun.  Thanks Jake, Tammy, and all who helped and participated.  The diversity and knowledge of the attendees is amazing, I always learn things when I attend.  Great job.
Were you there?  :D :D :D

YellowHammer

You know me, I do like I always do, I just stay quiet and blend into the background just like Mrs Yellowhammer.  Two peas in a pod.  :D :D :D  

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Deese

YH, dont worry about the goat. I mean, heck, he almost sabotaged the entire thread with his diesel memoir  :D :D
Cooks AE4P Edger

4x4American

Quote from: Deese on April 15, 2018, 07:27:54 PM
I've got some pics on my phone from this weekend. I'll upload them tomorrow if I have time.
See now if it was as easy to put pics on here as it is facebook this crew would have em already lol
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Deese on April 15, 2018, 09:10:18 PM
YH, dont worry about the goat. I mean, heck, he almost sabotaged the entire thread with his diesel memoir  :D :D
I apologize.....I just got shook up.  :D ........but I moved it.  ;D

Deese

Mr Poston you know I'm just playing. I drove through some rough weather on the way back to AL, but took my time and made it back I  time to visit my next saw job. It sure was a delight seeing you again brother. Take care of that hoof ankle. 
Cooks AE4P Edger

Deese

About to upload the few pics that I have...
Cooks AE4P Edger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Andries

Quote from: 4x4American on April 14, 2018, 10:12:31 PM. . . . Andries I am curious to hear more about this whatever machine, sounds interesting, does it make sawdust or shavings or whatever??
Hey 4x4 - it makes all three from time to time. 
:D  :D  :D
Here's some photos:

Yellowhammer feeds the jointer for two reference faces.

Customsawyer supervises (hey, it's his machine!) the feeding of the planer

Then 123maxbars says "ooooooh, smooth ambrosia maple!"

Hey, what smells like DIESEL? Is Poston back?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Customer Sawyer has some neat toys now.  8)

Jakes place would be great for a Forestry Forum Day Care.  :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!