iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing Logs for wwsjr (Willie)

Started by Magicman, October 22, 2015, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

Boy gee I'd love to come, kinda far for my old truck and me...we spent the other day on two different rollbacks!  I have work for the excavation boys and myself, physical therapy, doctors appointments and family matters to attend to as well.  If I was closer I would.
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

We would love to have you 4X4, but you will be there in spirit anyway.   :)

Info on the way Tim.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

We are loaded out and ready to travel tomorrow AM.  Gassed up, clothes & boots packed, and the tires aired up.  I bought our refreshments, coffee, hot chocolate, snacks, and put the drinks on ice yesterday.  Willie said that it will be Chili & Cornbread for supper tomorrow night.   food6

The weather forecast shows the front passing and a good week ahead with only a ~30% chance of showers Wednesday.  We can deal with that.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

larrydown60

Everyone be safe have fun and enjoy

fishpharmer

I cannot be there Monday, whole week is iffy now.  I have several doctor appointments.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

redprospector

I hate to let Willie down, but I wasn't able to put things together to be there.
I will however be praying for safety, and God's blessings for everyone who is attending.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Magicman

You will be there in Heart and Spirit my friend.  ;)

We knew that the location and schedule would be difficult or impossible for most folks, but it is an opportunity for the others that can attend and help.  Not being able to come is one thing.  Being able and not coming is quite another.

Andy White

Lynn,
All loaded up, fueled, and ready to go! Nancy is getting a few things for the road, and the shop fourman has given his instructions to his dogsitter, so it looks like it's on for tomorrow! You be careful on the road, and we should see y'all about 3.00 tomorrow afternoon. This will be the breakin trip for my new truck engine.
     Andy and Nancy    8) 8) ;D
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

Andy, we are anxious and excited, and my prayer is for traveling safety for everyone making this trip. 

Nomad

Sounds like you've got all the manpower you need, so I guess I'll sit this one out.  But if that changes, just give a shout.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

pineywoods

Andy, don't know what route you will take, but if it's across I 20, the welcome mat is always out. I'm just a few miles north of I 20. If you're coming this way, I'll pm phone # and directions to wille or Lynn..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Andy White

pineywoods
I'll get the info from Lynn, and plug it in the GPS when we leave, and will try to stop on our way home. Leave your number, and I'll call you as we get close.      Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

Piney,  I have your cell# and your GPS address.   :P

Jeff

Work and travel safe my friends. You all make me very very proud.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on November 07, 2015, 08:32:01 PM

If ya think about it, if it weren't for you Boss, none of this would even be happening.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

wwsjr

My prayers are for your safe travel, looking forward to seeing everyone. Temp here is 52°, predicted 40° tomorrow morning. Drive safe.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

fishfighter

Y'all guys be careful. Wish I was there to learn more on milling.

sandsawmill14

mm and willie im sorry i had to back out  :( be safe traveling and sawing. hope it all goes well :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Dave Shepard

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 07, 2015, 09:06:06 PM
Quote from: Jeff on November 07, 2015, 08:32:01 PM

If ya think about it, if it weren't for you Boss, none of this would even be happening.

There is so much that wouldn't be happening without this place it's hard to fathom. I know of no resource that even comes close to what the Forestry Forum offers.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

That's for sure, is there a Jeff Jr. that has interest in watching over the forum in years to come?
Boy, back in my day..

Bill Gaiche

We made it to Willie's this morning. We have 2 LT40 supers and 1 Lt50 set up and running. A little slow at getting things going this morning, but when it was the guys and girls were cutting there hearts out. I believe Lynn said that there was a little over 3,000 bf sawed. Cedar, Walnut, Sycamore and Cherry. I didn't take any photos but, there were a lot taken by other folks. I don't remember the other two sawyers names or the off bears at this time. Lynn will give you a better update on all this with photos when he has a good connection with his computer. All the ones that were here today will be back again tomorrow. Willie was able to come out on his scooter and help us with keeping who's is what and what is who's. The ladies prepared some great food for us to eat also. Anyone that was there that can add to this, please do. Maybe tomorrow we can have some better details. bg

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks for your update Bill. As with anything, takes a while to get your ducks in a row.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

samandothers

Glad everyone made it in safe and are up and running.  I hope it is a safe sawing and fellowship!  Look forward to pictures and or further updates.

sandsawmill14

glad its going good  :) i wish i could have made it :-\
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!