Sponsors:

Recent

Welcome to The 2024 Forestry Forum!

Do you have trees to grow? Logs to saw? A forest to manage? Chainsaws to fix? A sawmill to purchase or maintain? Timber related business to run? Lumber to dry? Trees or plants to identify? A cabin to build? Are you hungry and like FOOD?

Or would you just like to pull up a stump and visit with a friend?
If any of these and a multitude of other topics apply, then The Forestry Forum is the place for you.

What Will you Find on the Forestry Forum?

Pages: 1 ... 39 [40]
Thinking of sawing some 1/8" thick tulip poplar "sheets" that I want to try to glue onto an lvl beam as a veneer of sorts. They would be 14" wide. Anyone ever try that? Thinking i might need a lot of stickers to keep them flat and then flash drying it in the kiln. It seems like a good idea and I'm going...

Read More

39 Comments
Developed an oil leak in Hydraulic Box due to clamp not tight.. ( all clamps were pretty loose).
I have a partial gallon of Wood Mizer Hydraulic oil MV32 006397 I need more to fill reservoir.
Is this some sort of special oil for WM or can I use any 32-weight hydraulic oil...
I can get 32 weight oil in 1/2hourRead More

5 Comments
The other day, I was getting almost as much steam, as sawdust out of the discharge chute. It was a rather large red oak. Obviously (I think), it's from the moisture in the wood. I measured some of the boards and they were in the 15-20% range. Is the steam normal, or does it mean something that I...

Read More

91 Comments
I want to build a trailer for my 29' Norwood Lumbermate.

I found some 24' long 2" x 6" 3/16" thick steel for sale. Would this be a good size?

19 Comments

German wild fire unit.

REBO is introducing the FLM 2000 for the first time. With this front-mounted extinguishing unit, equipped with a water cannon, it is possible to use the REBO Rack as a protected and even remote-controlled fire engine. The REBO Rack FLM can be equipped with different launcher sizes

Read More

15 Comments
Pages: 1 ... 39 [40]

Thank You Sponsors!