iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did some Piebaggin.

Started by Jeff, February 29, 2024, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

This fall @Wildflower @Burlkraft  and @Scooby Doo  made and froze 20 apple pies from our wolf river apple tree. 

Yesterday I thawed 2 pies out, baked them, chilled them, sliced, then refroze and then vacuum packed individual slices.

Awesome snacks you can either eat partially frozen, thawed, or reheated.

20240228_195928.jpg20240229_100939.jpg20240229_100949.jpg

2 Gallons of Apple Pie!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

This tree and I have a lotta history.20210902_182223.jpg

SwampDonkey

I bet they are nice apples to. Around here they will get rail road worms around old orchard areas. Up at the woodlot I had a nice apple that was good in October. But the road crew pushed it over. It never had worms. The bears sure liked it to. I see another wild apple up there in a part of a grown in field. It was loaded with apples last fall. Never tried them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

This tree is still propped. Bears have tipped it over 3 times. It wouldn't tip over nowI don't think.

doc henderson

smart and tasty!  at the holidays, my grandmother would bake 8 or 10 pies of variety.  she would say at the onset, "these 3 pies are for Bryan".  I would eat 2 full plates of food and finish nearly all three pies.  I might share a little.  I wrestled 98 pounds as a 13 y/o freshman and did not have to lose weight.  In college I weighed 145 and was 3% body fat.  my how times have changed!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

YellowHammer

That made my stomach growl.  Nice!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

21incher

Any tree near an outhouse usually has big fruit  ffcheesy. Now I have a craving for pie  :thumbsup:
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

moosehunter

I can personally attest to the quality of these apple pie, well two pieces anyway. Had a nice visit with Mr and Mrs Boss, Burlcraft & Scooby Doo.
My bride got her dog fix to hold her until she got back home to her puppy. That is a pack at the Brokaw ranch!
The UP of Michigan is a way cool place. Hopefully we can get back when there is SNOW!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

thecfarm

Apple Pie!!!
Wife asked me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. I told her Apple Pie!!! 
She has a special pie plate for Apple Pie. It's starts out more then 3 inches high. I use to eat half the pie years ago at one sitting.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I like a good apple pie for sure. I also like a nice winter squash pie to. 

A cousin was in a hardware store locally. Spied some apple pies the Mennonite women were selling. He thought he would buy one, but saw the price, that sowered the apple pie. I think it was close to $20. No question about it being a good pie. But I don't know anyone who will pay that. The grocery stores charge $3 a lb for apples, but if you go to the orchard in season, 20 lbs is $5. Apples are best in the fall anyway. Never saw an apple in the dead of winter that was any good.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

olcowhand

Hey @Jeff
I was browsing through my FB feed, and a business I follow was advertising for Wolf River Apple Trees that they sell. One of the pics had a likeness of our Fearless Leader...
Sure enough, I search the Forum, and there is some reference to these Apple Trees.
I hope this guy is doing right by you in order to use your likeness.
IMG_4669.jpg
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Jeff

Wow, had no idea. Can you give me a link?

olcowhand

Jeff

I was able to dig it up. How crazy is that? I'm not sure how I feel about it, but Tammy aint pleased out of the box.  She has seen how we have been taken advantage of over the years on things and I shrug it off and move on. Using a guy's likeness and work for thier commercial use without any compensation does not seem at all righteous to her.
That aint that far away from our place in Harrison. I wonder if they would recognize me if I walked into the Market holding 3 big apples?

Any opinions out there on this? 

rusticretreater

Right after they recognize you, you pull out this document and say " I got this legal thing here for ya."
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

olcowhand

Well, I can say that the owner is a pretty good guy. My brother owns a record store in Chase, and I sometimes set up on the side of US10 to sell my Art. This guy lets me put my sandwich sign on the side of the road in front of his place, so folks can slow down for my set up. 
Besides, based on your glowing endorsement, which probably generates a great deal of interest- I may buy one or more of these trees. 

JD Guy

Whether the photo was given to the Orchard by you or was taken by them likely has a bearing on if the use of the photo in their advertising is appropriate without consent.

doc henderson

See if they will be a sponsor.  Or they could donate 5% to the 
FF.   ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

It was lifted from the internet. I created it as a thumbnail for one of my youtube videos.

They would not be sponsor material as its is simply a farm market. I'm sure it was somebody trying to do things cheap, never knowing  that could be a real copyright or  privacy issue. 

Old Greenhorn

When I saw the photo this morning it rang a bell, I thought "That looks like Jeff's video style", sure enough, that wat it is. Now if they clipped that screen shot from your video (which they did), that's not quite cricket as the Brit's say. I'd call them on it so that at least they know they can't go grabbing somebody else's work without at least offering credit.
 Funny thing is, I bet if they had contacted you first and asked for permission, you would have happily given it, but they chose poorly. They may be very nice folks with good intentions, but they need to know it's not the right way to go about it.
 I had a close friend who was a big supporter of a local PBS station for years. During one of their fund drives they starting using one of his tunes for promotion without proper credit. My friend called them up, with the intention of giving them his written permission, provided they credit him, but before he could tell him that, the station manager started going off on him about how they could use whatever they wanted with or without credit (wrong, it's copyrighted published material) and when he finished his raging rant, he hung up on him. I asked my friend if he thought about contacting his lawyer and he just laughed. He said "over the years I have donated about $15,000 dollars to them. They just shut off their pipeline. I could pay my lawyer, or just save on the donations. I figure I win, and it's a few less checks I have to sign." ffcheesy
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

21incher

Jeff go into youtube studio and click the copyright tab. It should show up there if pulled from your content and file a copyright violation  through  youtube.  It happens all the time where someone half way around  the world decides to download  my videos  and then upload  and monetize them on their channel.  Youtube takes copyright issues  seriously and it will be resolved quickly through their system. They use AI to scan for fakes.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

I'm thinking about driving over with one of those frozen pies and giving them one wearing a tshirt with the screenshot of their ad.  ffsmiley

Thank You Sponsors!