iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest Forest Products Show

Started by sawyerkirk, July 28, 2003, 05:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawyerkirk

Sept 26-27 at St. Charles, MO,(just outside St. Louis) Usually a pretty good show, anybody else going?

Bibbyman

Mary and I plan to attend if something don't come up to keep us from it.  

Here is a link to their web site for more information and some idea of the vendors that may be there.

Midwest Forest Industry Show back at St. Charles Family Arena in 2003

Last year's exhibitor list
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sawwood

I plan on going and i think Ron my saw mill guy will too.
 What day are you Going Bibbyman ?

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Bibbyman

Ain't thunk that far out yet.  Probably on Saturday.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

I am going to try for the Paul Bunyan show, although if I got travelin money maybe I'll make my Iowa/Missouri/ who knows where tour.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawwood

Jeff sure would like to see you at the Mo Show, boy we could
 have a FF git to geather. Boy that would be super, Hay
 inspectorwoody you going to make it to the show ?

Sawwood
18" planer/molder

Jeff

My trip to Mo probably wont revolve around a show. it'll have more to do with time and moolah. I want to have at least a week to travle and vist when where and whoever Tammy and I can.

sawyerkirk

I always like to be there first thing first day, when all the vendors still have plenty of "candy" to give away!!

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer has always been friends to Forestry Forum Members.  Their big orange and black tents with large orange flages are easy to spot.

Sawing since '94

Greg

QuoteI am going to try for the Paul Bunyan show, although if I got travelin money maybe I'll make my Iowa/Missouri/ who knows where tour.

Me too!

We oughta collect names of anyone going to the PB show (in October right?)and have a chance to meet each other, while we're all in one place

Greg

Tom_Averwater

I've been going to the Paul Bunyun show for 20 years. We camp every year. I would like to meet up with you all .
        Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Bibbyman

Tom, Greg,

I've started a new post with details on the Paul Bunyon Show - Maybe you can add some details.

Paul Bunyon Forestry Show
Sawing since '94

Steve_M

We went ot the St Charles show two years ago--saw a lot of good things and it was close to home.  Plan to go back this year on Saturday.  See everybody there.

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Jeff

Harrison Mi.
to
St Charles Mo.
Total Distance: 597.12 miles
Total Estimated Time: 9 hours, 51 minutes

This might be do-able.

Noble, Bib, others,

What is your distance to st.charles?

ElectricAl

I have pre-registered, hope the boss will cut me some slack for a day trip. The show is only every other year. So, I might have a chance. ;D

Inspector Woody is going to be offline for 30 days or so. If anyone has an important question, send us a FF e-mail. We'll get hold of Gadget on the Bat phone.

I do think Gadget has plans to attend, but he has several New irons in the fire ;)

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Bibbyman

We're about 2 hours west of St. Charles of'n I-70.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

I'm pretty slow. I knew the cute kid to your left was you bib. I just noticed that it was actually bibby boy though. :)

Bibbyman

Did you also note that even at that tender age I was "packn' iron"?
Sawing since '94

Jeff

caps or corks? :)

Has anyone seen one of those lately? Do they even make cork guns anymore?

Bibbyman

Probably a squirt gun.. ;)

I remember always having some kind of gun that shot the darts with the suction cups on the end.  Guess you can't get those now. >:(
Sawing since '94

Tom

The "protect-you-from-yourself" Left frowns on kids packing now a-days.  Probably couldn't find a toy gun in most stores.

Jeff

A while back the fad was rubber band guns and nerf guns. You still see crafters making the wooden rubberband shooters but I have not scene a nerf gun in years. Now at the flea markets you see Marshmellow blow guns at every turn.

Bib, I used to love the dart guns. You could really get into the gangster movies or the westerns when you could actually shoot the guys on T.V.  I also had dart bow and arrows.

Is dat you little Tom?

Bro. Noble

Did any of you make pop guns using a hollow stem (elderberry or cane),  two spitwads,  and a plunger?

You push one juicy spitwad half way down the tube,  start the other one and then ram it hard with the plunger.  The air between the two wads compresses until the first one exits with a bang.

Hadn't thought of that in years.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

I don't now why, but that just reminded me of the whistles dad used to make out of zuccinni stems. Anybody remember doing this? I remember you have to cut close to the leaf so as one end is solid, then make a notch up a little ways. Can't remember exactly how it was done. I remember dad making them, then we would bore hoes down the length to make flute like whistles

Tom

Yep, one of'em is me little.  

We used to make our pea shooters, spit-ball guns, whistles, flutes, bows, arrows and Hawaiin slings out of bamboo.  It was pretty much our general buiilding material.  Hibiscus makes a pretty good whistle.  It's got a hollow center, sometimes, filled with a soft pulp that can be pushed out.

Guava makes a good slingshot, followed closely by citrus like orange and lemon.

Bamboo makes a good spear too. The Cops would probably be called out on a kid with a spear today.

A blade of grass makes a real shrill whistle. ;D

Kevin

We made stick flutes as kids.
Fresh elm or poplar, cut to length, shape then tap on the bark to loosen it then slide it off .
The piece should be clear without defects.

Bro. Noble

Tom,

We got bamboo here,  but that's what we call cane-------except when we 're talking about sorghum molasses,  it's made outta the other kind of cane :)

Another kind of whistle was made with a green  maple seed wing after the seed had been removed.  You put the wing on the roof of your mouth (kinda like a diaphram turkey call) and made a vibrating whistle sound.  Those little helicopter seeds were fun for kids of all ages. ;)

Jeff

Don't forget using red oak acorn caps for whistles.

Bibbyman

My ultimate set of cap pistols were a pair of full size chrome plated, ivory handled Colt Army cap and ball pistol replicas with holsters and cartage gun belt. The cartage had two parts,  one like a brass cartage case except with a hole where the primer pocket would be.  The other was a pot metal cast of the bullet and would fit into the case.  You'd put a round cap in the bottom of the case and then stick the other piece in over it and ended up with a functional cartage.  The gun fired these like a normal gun except no firing pin.

One day a bunch o cousins showed up and we had to play cowboys and indians.  We didn't have enough guns to go around so I loaned cousin Dicky one of my Colts.  We were in mid-battle when cousin Roy was cornered and ran out of ammo.  Cousin Dicky pitched him my Colt so he could fight his way out.  But it fell short and broke the whole grip off the gun when it hit the ground.  I was so mad.   >:(

I lost interest in keeping them in good condition after the one broke and they eventually went the same way as most toys do.   I was at a big gun show 10-15 years ago and they had a pair just like the ones I had.  The guns were in good shape but the holsters were not there.  I think they wanted something like $300 for the pair.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Well, I wrote my name across the calander in the mill office for the last week in September. Told them I was going to MO. ;D

Were goona try. That means no Paul Bunyan show.

Kevin_H.

Just'a wondering who is going to St. charles and on what day?

I'm due to work on the 27th, as I only work once every three days, but I might trade to be off that day.

I'm about 1hr 40 mins east

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

ElectricAl

Jeff,

There are plenty of other sawmills you could run the last week of Sept. ;D

Well lets see ::)    

LT15G13, LT40HDE15, LT40HDE25RA, LT40HDG24

We'll see you soon 8)

ElectricAL
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Bibbyman

The Mid-West show is a pretty good show with lots of the big vendors and good attendance but the Paul Bunyan show is probably bigger and for sure more festive.

8)

I'm betting Mary will want to go to both.  Then again,  the Ozark FarmFest is also the same weekend as the Paul Bunyan show.   Can't be at them all. ;D
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Its starting to look real good about coming to MO. I am finishing up a website that should give me the cash to get there and another that should get me the cash to get me back. Oh. AndTammy too ;D

Tammy looks like she can get the time off. I'm getting excited. I have never been farther west then madison wisconsin or farther south in that direction then Indy. It'll be all new country to me.

Bibbyman

You'll get to cross the Mississippi and the Missouri Rivers.

The Exhibition center where the Forestry show is being held is not far from where Louis and Clark started on their Corps of Discovery some 200 years ago.  Also not far from where Daniel Boone spent the last years of his life.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Jeff

I wanna catch me a cat fish ;D Maybe paint a fence, or hold up a bank. :D

Minnesota_boy

If you come past my place, you don't have to cross the Mississippi, you can just go around the end of it on your way to Missouri.  :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Steve_M

Jeff

I am right on the way.

I know a couple hole that might hold a big cat 8)---I got a fence that needs sum paint ;D---and I work in a bank(even got the key and the combination to the big safe) :-X

Steve

2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

sawwood

Jeff i will be there Saterday and may be friday let me know
 what days you will be there, sure don't want to miss you.

Sawwood
18" planer/molder

Jeff

I'll be sure to do that once our plans are set!

Jeff

We are leaving this Saturday Morning with the ultimate destination of the Midwest Forest Products Show on next Friday and or Saturday.  Think we may make a whril wind trip to Iowa and down through Misourri ending up at Nobles house on Monday and staying near there for a few days. I'll repost this in the travel guide and ask for suggestions on the route.

ARKANSAWYER

Thar be catfish in the pond by the mill and 20lb line is reconmended and no tags needed to fish.   We ain't about to start no fence painting here but we could mend some.  Come here and you will have to cross the White River and go a few more miles south and cross the Buffalo River.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

We will be pulling out bright and early This Saturday. If anybody wants to meet up at the show, I guess the easiest way would be to give my cell phone number so you can call us while we are there. We will be there Saturday and maybe friday too.  Contact me for the cell number, or ask one of the admins for it if I am already gone.

See ya there!

Whos going?

Bibbyman

Mary and I will probably attend the middle of both days so we won't miss anyone.  We'll make the rounds but will probably spend most of our time at the Wood-Mizer tent.

If you've not attended this show,   remember to make a list of small item you need.  Good place to pick up special forestry and sawmill tools - even items like lumber markers, chainsaw chains,  cant hooks, and a thousand other things.  

It would be a great time to stock up on stuff from Wood-Mizer like blades - as they can bring them along and save you the shipping charges.  Call Wood-Mizer parts and ask them if they can arrange delivery at the show.   Even if you forget to order ahead,  they are likely to have most maintenance parts on one of their trucks.  

See you there!!!  8)
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Hopefully TimberKing and Peterson will be there too! Don't forget those guys!

Bibbyman

Yea,  I didn't mean to imply that Wood-Mizer would be the only source for stuff.  There will be probably 20 other mill manufactures there also.  

I've not seen TimberKing or Peterson at the Mid-West show.  They are not listed on the 2003 exhibitor list. I'd sure like to see TimberKing's new big mill but I may have to drive to K.C. to see it.

Exibhitor List

My point is,  you can make the trip a profitable one by taking advantage of shopping for products that are available and other items that could be ordered in advance and delivered there.  

Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Bibbyman

Yea!  Aeroswint is on the list.  Maybe Janel will be there?  ???
Sawing since '94

ElectricAl

TimberKing does not do the shows. TK feels they cannot provide quality one on one service to a potential customer ::)

This is a valid theory, I have spent 20 minutes in line to get a question anwsered ??? Not TK mind you, they were not there.

But I do think they are missing out on some potential sales :o

It's a hard decision for a manufacturer to attend or skip.

Jeff

Well Drat! I was hoping to get to meet Will J there.

ElectricAl

I talked to Will right after he took over the top spot at TK.  Seemed really nice and willing to do what ever it takes to help the customer.

Maybe he can slide over and shake some hands.

We do appreciate TimberKing co-sponsoring the Forestry Forum ;)

Kevin_H.

Well we were going to try to make it on sat. but it looks like we will have to do friday instead...

I hope to meet as many FF members as possible, shake a few hands and maybe swap some stories. ;D

See ya there!
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Bibbyman

I met Will_J at the Paul Bunyon show a couple years back and we had a good visit. We've been exchanging e-mail messages for quite some time.  I got one from him this evening saying he's going to be doing the Paul Bunyon show in a couple of weeks.  

Mary and I have talked about going even though it will be only one weekend after the Mid-West show.  It'd be our fall vacation.  We need a break.  We've worked every  evening, weekend and holiday since our trip south this spring.  

Early this week we were about caught up but then got three tractor-trailer loads of walnut logs to saw and another on the way.  That was on top of as much work as we could get out.  I think we'll just let the walnut go until later.  All work and no play!
Sawing since '94

Buzz-sawyer

I plan on being there most of the day saturday....really looking forward to it and I hope to run into as many members as possible....will be checking in at wm to see who has made the rounds.....
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Jeff

Checking in quickly from da holiday inn in Rolla MO.  Leaving in 5 minutes for Nobles. We got stalled out in Iowa the first day out. Ate a gas station hotdog and got food poisoned! I sure was not very good company for Electric Al and Linda but Tammt and I sure enjoyed meeting them and will go back someday soon.

ElectricAl

It is amazing what one DanG hotdog can do :o

Jeff and Tammy are very nice people.
We walked around and chatted.
When we got to the sawshop Jeff was feeling so bad he declined the opportunity to saw. ???

Tammy, Linda and I eat as poor Jeff sat and suffered.

By now Jeff was so miserble he asked Tammy to take him to a motel in town.

The departure was quick and I forgot to get a photo of Tammy's truck with Jeff's FF sticker >:(

But when they come back we're going to start with photos. ;D

Jeff

Tammy's Truck?  What else did she tell you while I was incompasitated? >:(  :D

Well, were here at Nobles. I just traded some Pickled Baloney for some Pickled Okra (sp) and Noble and I were both impressed. We should get along fine. ;D

Bibbyman

I want to see how you get along with only one PC hooked to the Forestry Forum.   :D

Here is a picture of the lane to Noble's place taken from the first set of wagon wheels near the top of the hill.
Sawing since '94

whitepe

Jeff,
Tammy also told me it was her red truck.   I guess
you hadn't got the word before.  :D
I'm glad I paid for the LT15 so I wouldn't have to put up
with the abuse.   ;D

Speaking of trucks,  has Noble taken you for
a ride down that famous hill and up the other side
around dead man's curve?  If so, did you chicken
out like I did?    ;)  Man I wouldn't want to see that
red FF truck harmed in any way. It's a cool truck.  :)

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Bro. Noble

Oh way to go Whitepe >:(  Now I gotta listen to them fuss about who's pickup that is ;)  Jeff has a little button on his keychain that makes the red pickup go BEEP BEEP BEEP.  He went into a store and while Tammy and I were at the truck Jeff pushed the button------Claims he didn't know anything about it ::) I was just about to die of embarrassment. Every hill or curve (and there are several)  they want to know if that's the place Whitepe warned them about :D  Jeff has found several trinkets at junk shops for his sawmill/forestry collection.  Tammy has found a cute little school bus for her collection,  but that stubborn Jeff is hesitant about letting her get it :'(

Tomorrow we are looking forward  to visiting the Arkansawyer  :)

chet

I'll bet ole Jeffy had a purty hard time keeping a strait face while he tried to convince you and Tammy it was an accident.    ;)   I heard he'll do just about anything to bring attention to DA Forestry Pick-um-up.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Tammy told me that I could tell you its my truck. ;D  So far there aint been a hill that the forum truck didnt chew up without complaint. I think suicide hill could be anyone of them on a friday night.

whitepe

The going up and down those hills shouldn't be a problem
for that big V8 in the FF truck  ;D  It's that blind curve
at the top of the hill that will get your blood to pumping.  8)
Noble hasn't taken you there yet cause you would remember. :D

ARKANSAWYER

Well I got a photo of the FF truck before it went over the "CURVE" and this is the red truck you have to watch for.  It followed me home from town and I had to wait on it twice.

But they did make it to the farm after we tied on the feed bag and Jeff is over the hotdog as he sure seems to like apple cobbler. ;D  We had a nice but short visit and I sent them north over the ferry.

I guess that they will make it to the Saw Show in a few days.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

L ::)ks like they brought their "colorful native guide" and interpreter along.   :D

Mary and I are cranked up for the Mid-West Forestry Show tomorrow.   8)
Sawing since '94

whitepe

Arky,

And you didn't even let Jeff run Wanda?   :D
It's probably a good thing cause Jeff might want one and Tammy woulda probably hit him.

Did they ever get sorted out whose truck it is?  ;D

I've had that colorful native guide before.   He's kinda good.   :)

Kevin_H.

We should be at the show about 930 or so, looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the cool stuff.

Bro. Noble

Well here I am eating pickled balogna and missing Jeff and Tammy already.  They are a fun couple and I sure enjoyed their visit.  The Arkansawyer treated us to a good feed,  I can see why Bibbyman hung around the 'Front Porch" when he was there.  I learned stuff while we were there and enjoyed seeing his very interesting operation.  I was impressed with his new helper (and our new FF member) also.

As far as being a colorful guide,  I just as well tell you before Jeff does.  I was lost most of the time we traveled around. :-[  Luckily Jeff has a compass in that red truck.  Once we were wandering around in the woods and I asked him what kind of range that remote horn honker had.  He honked it without ever realizin I had no idea which way was which so we were able to find our way out :D

They must have had a deal that Jeff got to buy trinkets and junk on the way down and Tammy gets to invest in objects of interest to her on the way back.  Problem is Jeff about has that truck full already. :-/

They should be in St. Charles when they open the gate in the morning.

Bibbyman

Ah yes,  The Front Porch.

We eat supper there a couple of times and breakfast too. :o

See you'll in the morning - but maybe not quite when the gates open.
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Nope! I kept Jeff off of Wanda.  He would not be right when he got back home.  I think that Noble was going to let him saw on his LT40.  
  I will miss out not being able to go to the show up there but I have to head South Saturday morning and will not be back till Sunday. :'(
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Arky,

Are you going to make it to the Ozark Farmfest next weekend in Springfield, MO?
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

I didn't think rain was in the forecast but we woke up to a thunderstorm this morning.  It rained and drizzled all the way to St. Charles.  

We got there a little after the doors opened and went straight to the Wood-Mizer display area to get some visiting in before everyone got busy.   But there was already a small crowd watching the LT70 with 62hp CAT knock the sawdust out of some very nice white oak. They brought every model but the LT40 Super. Maybe they had one hidden somewhere.  ???

Aeroswint was there with their trailers.  They were right next to the Wood-Mizer display.  You can get an idea of how threatening the skies were.  Sometimes it wasn't a threat but the real thing!

We toured the  grounds between showers and got into the main auditorium to see what was there.  We met up with DanLb and dad and Kevin_H and wife inside.

Later I got this picture of Kevin_H and wife heading for the Wood-Mizer display.

Sidekick Brooke thought it was like Halloween with about every other booth having candy.  She made out real good but they got her sweetest "Thank you!"  and smile in return.  She liked the big loaders and such and watched the pallet machines and grinders do their things.

We'd been looking for a log grapple for our Terex and Lund was there with an array of the models they make.  After a couple of visits and a demo,  we bought one.  I'll report later on how it works.

Another shot of Lund attachment - Erik Lund shows off how he can pinch one end of a log with the very edge of the grapple and still handle it.  I come from the Show-Me state.

Lady Bear carver.

A picture of Jeff B taking a picture.
Sawing since '94

Kevin_H.

Between the rain showers a good time was had by all. It was kinda interesting to watch the whole crowd at the show move as some of the big machines started up. seems like most of the crowd would migrate to the sound.

It was great to meet the Bibster again and to shake pro sawyer mary's hand.

Jeff looked OK until I offered to buy him a hot dog at the lunch stand  :D

Got to meet tammy and take a picture of her pretty red truck, she needs to get jeff busy, looked kinda dirty.

The way the storms are comming through, not sure any of the tents will be there tomorrow?

RMay

Bibbyman & Kevin H. did Any one get a F.F. group picture  ::) looks like a grant show .
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Kevin_H.

Yea we got a group pic, but on a reg. camera, so it will take a couple days to get the disk back.

Tammy took one on her digital camera, maybe jeff can load it up during one of his stops on the way home.

whitepe

Jeff and Tammy are stopping  by here
on their way home.  Should be here about 5:00 PM.  8)
We'll eat some of Becky's lasagna and then
I'll try to persuade him to post some pics.   :)

Bibbyman

Last I seen of Jeff and Tammy them,   they were runnin' late getting away from the Show.  They were talking with a couple more FF guys.  I think it was about 2:00 when I seen the wave and walk tword the truck.

We did a lot of visiting today.  Hardly got away from the Wood-Mizer area.  Lots of old friends and made some new ones  8)

The Bibbyman and Pro-Sawyer Mary's 3500 Dodge did park next to the Baker trucks on the parking lot.  

I went through the Baker demo area a couple of times on Friday and once today looking for Tom Stout of Baker.  I've visited with him a lot at shows but if he was at this one,  I missed him.  Maybe next time.

Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

I think that we are now seeing who the undercover Baker guy is.
ARKANSAWEYR
ARKANSAWYER

ronwood

Jeff, Bibbyman, and Buzz-sawyer.  

Thanks for taking the time to visit. It was good to meet some of those who participate on the forum.

In the next several of days I will post some pictures of my mill and woodworking projects I have done in the past.

Off to the RAM's game to watch my first pro football game in person.
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bibbyman

Come to think about it...What ever happened to Bojangle?   He made three posts and then he's gone. He should have his mill by now I'd think.  ???

Thank you Bibbyman

Next time I see Tom Stout I'll hit him up for a hat or something. ;)
Sawing since '94

Ed_Baker

Hey Bibbyman, just wanted to compliment you on the nice pictures you posted earlier!  ;)

Just wondering what everyone thought about the St. Charles Show.

Tom Stout will be representing Baker at the Ozark Fall Farm Fest, we're sending a different crew up to Paul Bunyan.

Ed

By the way...what did Arkansawyer mean by the "Undercover Baker Guy" ?  ???
Ed Baker
CEO/Owner
Baker Products

ronwood

Ed,

I had a chance to stop and look at the demo's of your large bandsaw. Nice and solid saw.  Unforturnatly when I was looking it was just to big for me to pull around with my 1/2 ton pickup. Tom was nice enough to talk with me at length about the mill when I was considering it.

;)

Thanks  
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum!

The weather was a little like Missouri weather.  I guess it has a right to be.  I went to bed Thrusday evening thinking there was no chance of rain and woke up to thunderstorms that keep everyone damp all day.  Saturday was to be windy but wasn't so much.  Again they dropped the rain from the forecast.  But it rained about 2:00pm when we left.

I thought there were fewer exhibitors than when they had it at the Cape a couple of years ago.  Maybe more than last year.  Maybe too many shows this time of year for everyone to show up.  We use the shows to stock up on little items you have to order otherwise.  We did buy a log grapple from Lund

I didn't see a swinger mill there at all.  Many of the bandmill guys didn't show.  There were  - WM, Baker,  Keener, 21 Sawshop,  maybe I missed someone were there.

The "Undercover Baker Guy" started with this picture I took of
ARKANSAWYER at the Baker booth at the Ozark Farm Fest last fall.

Then Arky posted this picture....

And it got blown up to read...

Now Arky is trying to say I'm in cahoots with Baker just to take the heat off'n him.  Also,  click on the "Thank You Bibbyman" above to take you to a testimonial from Bojangles where Mary and I inspired him to buy a mill - a Baker mill.

Looks like we're not going to get to go to Paul Bunyan this year.  Too much work to do.  If we get rained out,  maybe we'll make it to Ozark Farmfest again and I'll see Tom there.
Sawing since '94

ElectricAl

Welcome to Ed and Baker Products 8)

Looking forward to meeting some of the "Blue" team ;D

ElectricAl

Thank You Sponsors!