iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Glad to hear the outcome was some what ok.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Geez Howard you could've been kilt! I am anxious to hear, this morning how you feel. Bet you feel like you'd been run over by a bull. Between the hand and now this, you need a break. The morning after is the telling point. I used to warn all the vehicle accident victims I tended too who refused to go to the hospital to take a careful assessment the next morning of the pains and issues and reconsider the trip. I hope you are feeling better today, but if you don't, reconsider a checking out.
 I flipped a good sized garden tractor over backwards on me about 30 years ago. I was stuck under it for a while just holding it back from crushing me with my legs. Nobody around to help get me out. I couldn't push it forward because it was chained to a log behind me, just about the time my legs were calling it quits, I managed to swing it to the side and get out. I couldn't even walk, and crawled to this house. Pretty scary at the time. I hurt for a couple of days.
 Just take it easy and be aware of what your body is telling you. Let us know how the morning after feels.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Ed_K

I did the same as OG with a yamaha big bear. Back in Nov 94 only I was going after a log in rough terain. Apr 95 was admitted to hospital for a back op as I couldn't walk anymore. When I tipped to 4 wheeler over I blew the disk out of L4-L5. it's good to go get checked over.
Ed K

samandothers

Wow!  Glad you are able to share this ... healthy enough!  Hope your soreness passes, glad you did not.

Hope you and the 4 wheeler heal quickly.  These mountainside terrains can be a pain, literally.

K-Guy

@WV Sawmiller 
You are not having good luck these days. Right now I'd say that if something looks iffy, you might want to leave it alone.

Heal soon!
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

EOTE

They say bad things come in three's.  For your sake I hope not.  You need some serious R&R.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

WV Sawmiller

I am still stiff and sore but less now than last night. Pretty restless night as hard/impossible to find a comfortable position. Took another 800 mg Ibupropen at 0100. Tried to sneeze while ago which was very painful! Most bruising is in my upper left chest where it rolled over me. 

My repair dealer is increasingly unresponsive - has had my wife's ATV 5-6 months and could not give me a definitive answer on the issue and he still has not shipped back the core on a rebuilt motor I had them install last winter. I checked and found another 30 miles away I think I will check. He is a Kawasaki dealer too. He says they are 1-2 weeks out on initial troubleshooting so I will try them. 

Well, I better run and will add on more later today.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

samandothers

Given it is 'later today' I hope you have not had a newanew item to share in this thread!  Good luck on finding a good/better dealer.

WV Sawmiller

I took it to a dealer 30 miles south of here (Princeton WV). He promises backlog of 1-2 weeks to for troubleshooting then ever how long it takes to get the parts and install them. Mostly it looked like straightening bent racks and such. He said the do replace handlebars due to the risk and liability there which I can understand. We will see.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Hope you are feeling better there Howard.  Scary for sure.  

Been sorting cows and bulls the past couple of days and had to sort out my teaser bull from the milking herd today.  He is a runt and really good natured.  Too small to breed anything but he lets me know when one is in heat so we can get her taken care of, just makes life easier.  Well, had to kick him out of "his herd" today and put in a clean up bull, so needless to say Doc Holiday was not a happy camper.  He was putting on a show, throwing dirt, hollering away, etc so we threw a rope halter on him to lead him off.  Well the rodeo began and away he went.  He did go into the pasture we needed him in, but now he had on a too large rope halter hanging from his head, and he was not about to be handled again to get it off of him.  We tried to catch the little bugger several times and he wanted nothing to do with us.  This is a bull that you can walk up to and scratch any part of, basically he is a large dog and about that size, but we took his women from him and he was MAD! 

Ok - grab the calf rope and lets get this over with.  One of my hired gals roped him by the head and he started to take off so I grabbed the rope, added 260 lbs to his escape load, and there was no way I was letting go.  Doc launched me out of the mud hole I was in, so much so that one boot remained behind, and I landed in a series of green, runny, fresh pies, from my head to my stocking foot!!!  Didn't notice that detail until we were done with him, which was probably a good thing looking back on it.  We all laughed about it as I realized what my face was in, oh well, it happens.  Funny thing is that my back has been bothering me the past couple of days but is feeling much better now!!! Must be the sudden acceleration followed by the instant fiber and chlorophyll infusion.  Might have to open up a "Unique, Nature Setting, Chiropractic Office", just advise clients to wear old clothes!!    
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Walnut Beast

Sounds like you had some fun 😂

Walnut Beast

Hopefully your healing up👍. When you get your four wheeler back find another way to spray the hills 

WDH

Remember, you and magic Man are not in a competition.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

K-Guy

@Southside 
You big Meany taking his girls away!!! I'd be mad too. :D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

GAB

Misters Green and Southside:
Howard it is my opinion (and yes it just might be a biased opinion) that you are taking way too many turns on the did something wrong thread.  By the way you can have all of my turns as I have no intention of competing with you.  
Southside having grown up on a farm I can relate to what you wrote.  When animals have adrenaline running it takes more to control them.  One of my brothers once cracked the leader of the pack with a ball bat.  Thing went smoothly after that.
Hope you had a good shower.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

doc henderson

@Southside good to know you are consistent, with BS inside and out!  :) glad everyone is ok!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sawguy21

Southside, that is just too funny. :D I am glad your pride was the only thing hurt. You and Howard would make quite a team.

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

GAB

Quote from: sawguy21 on July 10, 2020, 10:53:53 AM
Southside, that is just too funny. :D I am glad your pride was the only thing hurt. You and Howard would make quite a team.
Southside, that is just too funny, I am glad your pride was the only thing hurt.
It probably happened so fast that he is just realizing it happened.
I sure would like to see a video clip of that happening.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Wudman

Quote from: Southside on July 09, 2020, 11:08:27 PM
Hope you are feeling better there Howard.  Scary for sure.  

Been sorting cows and bulls the past couple of days and had to sort out my teaser bull from the milking herd today.  He is a runt and really good natured.  Too small to breed anything but he lets me know when one is in heat so we can get her taken care of, just makes life easier.  Well, had to kick him out of "his herd" today and put in a clean up bull, so needless to say Doc Holiday was not a happy camper.  He was putting on a show, throwing dirt, hollering away, etc so we threw a rope halter on him to lead him off.  Well the rodeo began and away he went.  He did go into the pasture we needed him in, but now he had on a too large rope halter hanging from his head, and he was not about to be handled again to get it off of him.  We tried to catch the little bugger several times and he wanted nothing to do with us.  This is a bull that you can walk up to and scratch any part of, basically he is a large dog and about that size, but we took his women from him and he was MAD!

Ok - grab the calf rope and lets get this over with.  One of my hired gals roped him by the head and he started to take off so I grabbed the rope, added 260 lbs to his escape load, and there was no way I was letting go.  Doc launched me out of the mud hole I was in, so much so that one boot remained behind, and I landed in a series of green, runny, fresh pies, from my head to my stocking foot!!!  Didn't notice that detail until we were done with him, which was probably a good thing looking back on it.  We all laughed about it as I realized what my face was in, oh well, it happens.  Funny thing is that my back has been bothering me the past couple of days but is feeling much better now!!! Must be the sudden acceleration followed by the instant fiber and chlorophyll infusion.  Might have to open up a "Unique, Nature Setting, Chiropractic Office", just advise clients to wear old clothes!!    
Sorry I missed out on the fun.
Wud
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

firefighter ontheside

I'm sitting here picturing a lonely boot stuck in the mud.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WV Sawmiller

@Southside ,

That's funny when it is somebody else. We had a big Holstein yearling one year who went to breed our milk cow and missed and caused himself irreparable damage (apparently this happens more often than you think as I've seen them come though the cattle auctions and the auctioneer would say "You're buying this one for meat not as a stock bull"). We were shooting him up with a 12 gauge needle full of penicillin and I was working the needle. My younger but larger brother was going to hold him. I told him he better tie the bull to a nearby pine tree but David was pretty stout and said he could hold him. The bull was laying down as he did not stand for long periods of time and had horns about 4" sticking out the side of his head for convenient handles so David grabbed them. I popped the bull in the rump with that needle and he came up from there with my brother centered on those horns and scrubbed his back on a low limb several times till he fell off then David circled the tree on all fours with the bull nudging him along like a rodeo bull with a clown in a barrel. My dad and I were standing there laughing as it was funny to us at the time. Less so for my brother but he survived.

My ortho doc visit today went well and he said I was way ahead of where he had expected me to be at this point. One more visit in a month and hopefully I will be done. 
Howard Green

doc henderson

did you show him the go pro video of your ATV incident?   :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

All it showed was the sky going around in circles :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

If you guys knew how bad it hurts right now for me to laugh or cough or sneeze or hiccup you'd be nicer to me. ??? Well, knowing you guys - probably not. ::) I do think about the time I offered to send Paul Case a set of chopsticks when he cut his thumb off. I guess its true what Mom used to say "God will get you for that."
Howard Green

Southside

Quote from: Wudman on July 10, 2020, 12:06:46 PMSorry I missed out on the fun. Wud

Oh trust me, I saved some fun for when you get here.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!