iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebraska

:'(fiddle-smiley smiley_flowerhead   closest things  I could find  in the list for a get well/sympathy card for your mill. 

trimguy

SawyerTed

I woke up at 3:30 this morning after a nightmare that the same thing happened to my mill. :o
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Outlaw

I knew it would be my turn sooner than later. Had the mill in the yard to do some maintenance.  After all the maintenance was done I had some logs to mill for my nephew. Pulling away from my garage I managed to hook the box of my company truck with the tee handle for the blade tension.  That handle on the TK's sticks out a little to far, that is until you bend it over dragging it down a truck bed.  Guess I better call the insurance guy ::)

TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

RichTired

No need  to worry Outlaw, it's a work truck.  
Knock out the dent smiley_smash 
Paint a little anchor seal over the scratch to keep it from rusting arteest-smiley
And keep on trucking   move_it 
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

firefighter ontheside

Ouch and double ouch.

Seems the dumbest thing I've done was to be a firefighter/emt right now. Happy to be home for a few days.  Woodworking and milling will keep me busy.  Maybe playing with the kids a little.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

FYI
If you use tissue glue(super glue)  to close a couple cuts on the back of your hand let the glue dry completely before applying the bandaids.
Apparently  the glue likes the adhesive  in the bandaids really well.  ::)

Imagine a really mad 14 pound terrier mix......... This little dog does not want his blood drawn to re check his thyroid, no way, no how and he is way quicker then you.

SawyerTed

They seem to come in small groups.  The frequency is disturbing almost as much as the pain.  

I was turning around near a barn in our property where I'm cutting trees and clearing out the understory. Didn't remember the stump....

Found it with the bumper.  

Then this morning I was building some bird feeders for the nursing home in Walnut Cove and managed to pierce my finger with a nail from my finish nailer.

br>

The offending nail
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

doc henderson

@SawyerTed anything else?   :)  they usually come in threes.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SawyerTed

Not yet and that bothers me a little.  :o

WDH

Rush home and get under the covers. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SawyerTed

:D Never!  I try to take it like a man!  And write checks to cover the damage.... :laugh:

caveman

No good deed goes unpunished.
Caveman

Southside

Ugg.... Well, like they say the first scratch hurts the most.....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

samandothers

Man, April is starting out with a bang and a bite!  Not cool.

Poquo

Finished a mobile job sawing big Red Oak logs , getting mill ready to tow its dark  I'm lowering the saw head down on the pin when I here Bang . In the dark I caught the outrigger with the blade . Blade broke , next day i'm checking everything on the mill . Found tensioner gauge broke and one bed rail needed adjusting .

2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Chuck White

I just have to ask, why was the blade still installed?

Keeping a blade installed and especially tensioned is not good for the life of the blade!

Just sayin'!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

GAB

Quote from: Chuck White on April 18, 2020, 12:55:29 PM
I just have to ask, why was the blade still installed?

Keeping a blade installed and especially tensioned is not good for the life of the blade!

Just sayin'!
Does not do much to the tensioner seals either.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

terrifictimbersllc

guys, not like he's hijacking this thread or anything....
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Poquo

I was tired after cutting all day to finish the job , it was dark and I was in a hurry to get home . Just forgot to take blade off before securing the head .
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Chuck White

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on April 18, 2020, 01:31:01 PM
guys, not like he's hijacking this thread or anything....
Nobody said he was!
Just asked a simple question, and he answered!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tacks Y

So does WM recommend removing the blade after use or just to transport? I understand removing tension.

sawguy21

Man oh man, this thread never ends :D. We just continue to find ways to hurt and embarass ourselves. I backed onto the parking pad and all of a sudden had that sinking feeling. Shoot! ::) Fortunately my buddy was not far away with a chain. I had a 4x4 post laying there doing nothing constructive so that is now pressed into service. 
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: tacks Y on April 18, 2020, 08:09:21 PM
So does WM recommend removing the blade after use or just to transport? I understand removing tension.
After reading this I went back and reviewed my manual. I almost never transport mine with a blade on and I don't leave a blade on after sawing every day. One point I had read but forgotten was my manual says to engage the clutch to tighten the drive belt and help stabilize the motor during transport. I will be doing that in the future. I am not sure what it says about mills with autoclutch or if you can leave them engaged with the mill off. 

I appreciate posts like this thread because it reminds me to re-check myself periodically.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Poquo

I wrote myself a note on the simple set cover so I don't forget to disengage the clutch before starting .When I first  brought the mill home , the first thing I did was start the motor without disengaging the clutch .

I mostly cut at home and remove the blade when I finish cutting.Now I need to write another note check blade .
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Thank You Sponsors!