iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimW and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Resonator

I think you did something smart. ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

firefighter ontheside

I think we did too.  Wasn't sure until we got there to look at it.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

I left my truck window  down today at work. Rained like one of Southside's cows peeing on a flat rock for about 20 minutes before I thought about it. Drove home sitting on a towel..... ::) glad I have a vinyl floor.....

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

JJ

Sweet boat FFOTS!  Just nod with the compliments at the launch. ;D

JJ

JJ

He has the 4'th seat, is that a 18.5', what is the model?

JJ

firefighter ontheside

Two of the seats do not match the boat, so he obviously added some seats at some point.  He gave us another seat that was broken.  I think it matched the boat, but was broken pretty bad.  The boat is a 2003 Angler SS 1700.  It is 17' 2" long and 92" wide with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

It's a mighty pretty boat. Congrats to you and your Pop. Maybe someday I will allow myself to get sucked back down the nautical hole. Stuff like this makes me think about it a lot.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

lake and river delivery of mushroom logs extra! :D :D :D ;) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on June 26, 2021, 08:43:40 PM
lake and river delivery of mushroom logs extra! :D :D :D ;) :)
Not to worry, I have a schooner connection for the river deliveries already, I am sure I could work something up for lakes too.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Southside

We don't have any rocks here, but feel free to send that rain over this way @Nebraska  This keeps up and the cows will be giving kerosene, the words she knows are all obscene, but it's all right....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

moosehunter

Something New and Dumb, for me anyway. Last Saturdays job had two piles of logs. Sawed the first one, doing the quick move to the next. Latch the ball hitch, safety chains justincase... Move, setting back up and I can't lift the tongue off the ball! What the Dang??? About give myself a hernia! The ball latch is still latched. Doh. The back of an F-250 is a bit too heavy for the WM jack!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jim_Rogers

Title this one cell phone nightmare.
My Samsung Galaxy six wouldn't start.
I know from a previous event that if you hold down the volume button and then the power button it will start.
Well I was driving to an appointment.
I stopped on the side of the road to get to start.
I pushed the buttons.
I displayed some starting options. Very Very VERY small print that I couldn't read.
I pushed ok.
Well it was set at factory default reboot.
So it started, and as it was starting it deleted all my downloaded apps. All my pictures, all my wifi settings.
But luckily not my contacts folder.
So I have all my phone numbers.
Next it said I had to lock on to my samsung account. Well of course it asked for a password. Who knows what that was and when it was entered. So I selected forgot password. Ok to reset your password go to this website. But you can't do that from the phone. I had to go home with my laptop and get online and go to that site and enter a new password. Ok, done. Oh by the way you don't have a samsung account anyways. What a waste of time.
I couldn't find my normal GPS program so I downloaded another one.
Turned it on and headed out the door of the house.
In the truck as I was waiting for traffic at a red light, I see that my old gps program is still in my phone. So I started that. Now I have two gps programs working and both are talking to me giving directions. Basically arguing with each other over which way I should go.
Deleted the new one.
I'm still in the process of getting all my stuff set up and working again.
What a hassle, but you can't live without them now a days.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

hacknchop

Too funny but I'm not laughing on account of my 20 month old grand daughter somehow changed the settings on my phone ,now if i want to txt anyone i have to go to cotacts pick one then click on message then hit the arrow at the top in order to read or send a txt. I plan on getting my 8 yr old grandson to try and fix it for me.
Often wrong never indoubt

terrifictimbersllc

I often get asked about the control station on my sawmill. Once a Polish guy asked me about it and I decided to show off and change the display into Polish. Well needless to say I was not able to continue that demonstration very far and I even had to spend quite a bit of time figuring out how to get it back into English because I couldn't read a word of it.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

firefighter ontheside

@Jim_Rogers its never good when your phone is arguing with itself.  

@terrifictimbersllc where was the Polish guy to help you translate?
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

We have a new F550 truck at the FD and it already had a recall for torque spec on the front hub extension nuts.  The truck was not supposed to be driven according to the recall.  Ford roadside service towed the truck for us.  The 2 closest Ford dealers told us they were not able to do the recall at the time, so it was supposed to be towed to the dealer where we bought it about 30 miles away.  That was on Monday.  Now fast forward to today and I went 30 miles to the dealership to get it.  I walked in and said I'm here to get our truck.  They said, it was never brought here.  I thought they were messing with me.  I called back to my office manager and asked who had called to say it was ready.  She said it was the Ford dealer right down the road.....the one who said they couldn't do the work.  So now I had to drive back the 30 miles and then 5 miles the other way to get the truck.  Somehow Ford roadside towing took the truck to the wrong dealer and then that dealer ended up doing the work anyway.  I just shake my head.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

sawguy21

I would be sending a letter to Ford, that is not acceptable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

btulloh

Did they really fix it or just pretend to fix it?  Hard to have confidence in the dealer under those circumstances. 
HM126

trapper

friend working on my tiller and wanted the new harbor freight engine i have for it,  It has been sitting for a year s0 I wanted to start it before I gave it to him.  wouldn't start so I fed it through the air intake with extra sea foam  in the fuel.  Still wouldnt run on its own.  Finally gave up and started to take it back into the garage.  That is when I noticed the little knob that said on off with a fuel symbol by it.  Turned the knob to on and the engine runs perfect.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Dan_Shade

That's a good one.....

Years ago, my dad thought he locked up his new 028 stihl saw.  Turns out the chain break was set....

I call these things "good problems".  Cheap to resolve after you determine the cause. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on June 30, 2021, 05:35:57 PM
@Jim_Rogers its never good when your phone is arguing with itself.  

@terrifictimbersllc where was the Polish guy to help you translate?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on June 30, 2021, 05:35:57 PM
@Jim_Rogers its never good when your phone is arguing with itself.  

@terrifictimbersllc where was the Polish guy to help you translate?
He would have been there but it's been a while.  All I remember for sure was the fright and embarrassment. It was Accuset and trying to navigate the menus with familiarity missing. In the end I think I realized that I hadn't saved the change and just turned off the key and when it came back again it was in English. 

Resonator

Was the Polish guy's name "Gene Dobrey"? ;D

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: sawguy21 on June 30, 2021, 08:14:14 PM
I would be sending a letter to Ford, that is not acceptable.
Maybe.  I considered calling the Ford roadside number to ask what had happened, but decided it would not solve anything and just waste my time.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!