iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

I am glad to know a man from WV with a full set of teeth! :o :o 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Don P

I'm hoping the Ibu kicks in before the big swelling tonight. We had removed 3 layers of old floor in the kitchen at work to expose the original. Of course under the sink it was sketchy. I even looked at it this morning and made a mental note to throw a sheet of ply over it... but I didn't. I had met with my boss this morning and we decided that we would sawzall the nails from underneath, install 3/4 ply subfloor and reinstall the original flooring. The sketchy stuff under the cabinets is hidden and would be replaced. I had removed the triple window from that wall and then the studs, one every 4', one of which made it from floor to ceiling, good framing :D. There was a 1948 detective magazine behind the caninet and hundreds of razor blades. I was building the new section of wall and called DB to help lift the 7' window header into place. Nice poplar with hard square edges. As soon as I began to lift, the floor let go under me. One leg went through and it rolled me till an elbow crashed through another place. But what concerned me in the instant was I had lost the header and it was about to land on my noggin. Luckily DB had the presence to pitch it outside as far as he could from his end and it cleared me. Soo banged up and hoping the rotator held together. Memo to self, don't walk on sketchy, gravity is a powerful thing.

Jim_Rogers

You're too old for that falling down stuff.

Watch it.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Don P

Well, if I can add a broader moral to the story. With header in hand I weighed more than I had, but I'd be willing to bet I had made contact and begun to push. More than a few times I've site built some piece of scaffold and thrown a plank on it... or even on a 300lb rated walkboard. Then I realize I've thrown something on my shoulder and seriously shoved it into place. As the poor plank under my feet groans Mr Newton comes into focus. Yup, I shoved up with several hundred pounds of oomph, the equal and opposite reaction was my feet driving the plank down every bit as hard + the weight of my handsome physique. Been lucky more than I've been good :).

Southside

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on April 12, 2022, 10:23:08 AMDid you know that a porcupine puffer fish in the Red Sea eats coral and when you try to lip lock him like a bass

Long winters back then? :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

I took four 5 gallon cans to get some off road diesel.
After about 15 gallons and $60 I stopped pumping. Did not need that fourth can.  ::)  
I have brought 5 cans at one time.
Have you figured out I have not needed diesel in about a month?

:o    >:(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JJ

Remember the days when $20 of gas would fit in 5 gal can 🤷‍♂️🙄🤦‍♂️

Don P

Michelle was pumping gas on the way home, there were a couple of jugs sitting there on the island. Mark came driving up to the pumps. Loaded the 2 jugs of diesel in his truck, laughing, "I got halfway home when I realized I hadn't loaded them in the truck." I do like it here :).

K-Guy

Quote from: JJ on April 25, 2022, 10:52:45 PMRemember the days when $20 of gas would fit in 5 gal can

I remember when I couldn't put $20 worth of gas in my 1972 Nova.>:(
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Wlmedley

Quote from: doc henderson on April 20, 2022, 10:39:09 PM
I am glad to know a man from WV with a full set of teeth! :o :o 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :)
The toothbrush was invented in WV.If it had been anywhere else they would have called it a teethbrush :D

Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter,Honda Pioneer 700,Kabota 1700

caveman

I could not find MagicMan's posts of several of his bumps, bruises and scrapes.  I promise not to show my feet but today, after sawing an order of 2x4's for a repeat customer, I bumped my head while trying to pull some 4x4's out of lumber pile.

The customer, Nick, was adamant that one 4x4 was enough when I offered to saw a couple more for him.  I've been dealing with a stomach bug for most of the week and once I bumped my head I instantly felt better.  It must have been the endorphins released or something.  The neighbor came over and stitched up my head after Jmoore and my oldest daughter declined.  I gave her a few Confederate Jasmines and will likely give her a porch swing for saving me a trip to town.  John showed up in time to hold the flashlight and brought some Busch products, which were well received.  

Caveman

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

That looks like it smarted 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

SawyerTed

That's more than a bump.  Hope it heals quickly. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

TroyC

Is that scar on the forehead sort of like 'character' in wood?  :o

WDH

That is going to leave a mark :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: TroyC on April 30, 2022, 08:54:06 PM
Is that scar on the forehead sort of like 'character' in wood?  :o
Maybe he is spalting?
Geez, if that is what you call a bump, I would hate to see what you call a serious whack. Heal up and take a couple more Busch, but don't call me in the morning. ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

looks like the bleeding has stopped!   :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

rusticretreater

Nothing like walking around with a frankentstein scar.  Well, its a look.   smiley_furious smiley_swinging_board
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Nebraska

smiley_thumbsdown glad I had eaten a while ago human stuff grosses me out....uggh... 

Peter Drouin

Supper glue works well for that.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SawyerTed

In this application superglue is way waaaaay better than duct tape.  Don't ask know I know.... :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Nebraska on April 30, 2022, 10:07:08 PM
smiley_thumbsdown glad I had eaten a while ago human stuff grosses me out....uggh...
Now that's funny right there! I am just the opposite. On a human it's not much of an issue at all. People leak sometimes, but if that were on an animal, especially someone's pet, I would have a hard time dealing with it. I believe you and I already had that conversation offline though.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

firefighter ontheside

I banged up my pinky finger working on the flatbed yesterday, but Caveman takes the cake for severity if amount of blood lost is a good measure.  I didn't bleed nearly that much.  I knew I would bust some knuckles breaking bolts free removing the old bed and of course it happened on the last one.  Maybe I will wear some mechanics gloves next time.  Probably not.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WDH

Yeah, that Caveman caved in his forehead. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!