iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusticretreater and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Andries

That bird must've had a nickname with the other birds: the Rockin' Robin! 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

Pretty sure that's the true definition of Eco Terrorism there.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Old Greenhorn

Pretty sure it wasn't that good for the bird either, but the bird just had to get back to work and make another nest with no financial consequences. Sorry man, that's weird and bizarre.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

DbltreeBelgians

Yeah I did something dumb today. I attempted to get into Zion National Park. Had my $80.00 all parks season pass ready in hand . About a half a dozen cars from the toll both and they shut it down. No more cars allowed to enter. I was pithed to say the least. They said the park was gridlocked. We waited for over a half hour in line only to be turned away. I understood and it is what it is. Should've known better than to go there on Memorial weekend. We saw cars parked on both sides of the road for 4-5 miles before the park and people walking towards the park. "Here's your sign dummy"

Brent

Crossroads

Wow, that's for the birds 🤓
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

WV Sawmiller

Bummer dude! I hope you found other interesting things to do the rest of the day.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

firefighter ontheside

Well, as promised in my Croatia post, here is my dumb thing for today.  We drove from Dubrovnik to Split today.  To get there you can either drive 15km thru Bosnia or drive over the very new bridge to avoid Bosnia.  We wanted to say we were in Bosnia.  We stopped at a little supermarket and bought several packages of salami, sliced cheese, 4 bottles of juice, box of cookies, bag of chips, bottle of wine and it cost $18.  Very cheap shopping in Bosnia for your information.  So here comes the dumb part.  When we reached the end of the bridge we decided to drive over it for fun.  I made a left turn thinking it was to go on the bridge, but it was a dead end road.  A cop pulled in behind me and told me I can't make a left turn over a solid line.  He said get your passport and come with me, I give you ticket and you pay now.  That turn cost 30 euros.  Won't make that mistake again, but not too bad.  He was very nice and assured me I wasn't in any trouble and I needn't fear the police like in America.  That was sad.  Then he asked about my name and was interested in my family history.  He told me the way to get to the bridge and that this one time he would allow me to make a left turn out of where we were even though I had to cross a solid white line.  It was a beautiful drive and I love the mountains here.  I had no idea it was so mountainous.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Don P

You're driving on the right there?
Bummer on the fine, but any landing you walk away from  :D
Stairs, what stairs?

thecfarm

You would think he would of gave you a break and told you what  you did wrong.  ???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

firefighter ontheside

At first I thought maybe he was just going to warn me, but then he said come with I give you ticket.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

firefighter ontheside

Yes they drive on the right here.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

TimW

Croatia post?  How about a link?
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

aigheadish

Well, speaking of tickets... I got one on the way to a meetup in Columbus, on Saturday. You'd think the 5 State Troopers I'd seen in about 20 miles would have encouraged me to slow down... I was more or less going with traffic but he got me at 82 in a 65. Not sure how long it takes them to put the ticket into their system, I went to pay it online today and when I click my info and pay online it said I had nothing to pay.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

TimW

Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

Resonator

QuoteI was more or less going with traffic but he got me at 82 in a 65.
17 over, yeah they will likely do a traffic stop. 
Depending on where you're driving, usually (but not always), a trooper will give you up to 8 mph over the speed limit before they will stop you. "Doin' 8, I'll let you skate. Doin' 9, boy you're mine". (Old speed trap saying). ;D

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

firefighter ontheside

So, today I was driving thru Zagreb Croatia and we were trying to navigate to our apartment.  This town is crazy.  The stop lights, the little cars and motorcycles zooming everywhere, there are street cars to worry about and their tracks to drive on.  There's nowhere to park to pull over to see where the heck you are and where you need to go and of course there are ONE WAY STREETS.
We passed up...brb. Sorry, I had to walk Cindy outside to the car to get something.  It's a little scary, not only because she smashed her finger in a door when we got here.
So, we passed up the room and had to go around the block.  I came to an intersection and turned left.  Just as I did my son said "this is a one way street". My son who is not doing well learning to drive recognized a one way street in a foreign country before I did.  Well I recognized it pretty quickly because there were 100 cars going the other way.  I had to pull over into a bike lane and think about making a U turn.  Took about a minute to realize that wasn't happening.  I had to back out to the intersection with all the cars honking at me.  No harm done other than may have made someone late for their dinner.  Phew.  We got that car parked and aren't moving it til we leave here on Monday morning.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Resonator

Sounds like the old joke where the wife calls the husbands cell and says: "Watch out, the news said there's some idiot driving the wrong way on the freeway!" He says: "Just one? I see hundreds!" :D

I've heard there are frontage roads along freeways in certain states where they only run one way. And if go to one of the addresses on these roads you're not familiar with, and then turn out of their driveway a certain direction, you can end up having to find a place to do a fast turn around. :-X
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Old Greenhorn

Well Bill, at least you didn't get a ticket this time! :D Sorry to hear about Cindy's finger, I hope that doesn't put a crimp in her trip for very long. Those can really smart and for a while too.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on June 03, 2023, 03:15:41 PM
So, today I was driving thru Zagreb Croatia and we were trying to navigate to our apartment.   Phew.  We got that car parked and aren't moving it til we leave here on Monday morning.
It is an Avenger!! Think of all the stories you two will have when you get home, Don.t forget the pixs. ;D

Hope the fingers get well soon, smiley_wavy

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

firefighter ontheside

The tip of her finger is black and blue and she bled a little bit, but she only had a bandaid on for a few hours.  She is fine now.  

Right.  The last thing I needed was a ticket.

We have seen a few one way streets in the country but not many.  Even many single lane streets are 2 way.  Wasn't used to it when I got here.  This is the biggest city.  One quarter of the population lives here.  There's only 4 million people.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Don P

I'd bet points in Zagreb stay in Zagreb, and the car is insured too, you aren't the first American there. The tickets are just your part to help the local economy. Have fun  :).

firefighter ontheside

You're probably right about points and yes I was happy to support the economy and the local emergency services
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

rusticretreater

My turn...again.

Looking out the kitchen window I saw a groundhog visiting my garden.  I went out the door, got a rock and heaved it.  Right next to the garden I have an old Semi Trailer backed up against a small hill for storage.  The rock was supposed to go over the trailer or land on the roof to scare the groundhog.  I managed to hit the window cut into the side to allow light inside the trailer. 1' wide by 2' tall and I hit it with the accuracy of a laser guided missle. Broke the pane of glass.

I used to play a lot of baseball, but I am certainly minor league now.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Thank You Sponsors!