iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Mom died Friday, funeral home says we can't have a funeral

Started by Sedgehammer, October 26, 2020, 11:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

That would'a pithed me off too. I'm just getting caught up here,had to go thru new treatments. I want to say I'm sorry your mom passed.
Ed K

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Ed_K on October 30, 2020, 09:49:04 AM
That would'a pithed me off too. I'm just getting caught up here,had to go thru new treatments. I want to say I'm sorry your mom passed.
Yeah it did. I had forgotten about it, lost many memories when i hit my head, but out of the blue it popped back up. weird. 
Thanks, but your ordeal is much more concerning. Hope you're doing well
Necessity is the engine of drive

Hilltop366

Sort for you loss.

I wonder if your local clergy could do a private service to honour your Mom for you and your family.

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Hilltop366 on October 30, 2020, 06:17:24 PM
Sort for you loss.

I wonder if your local clergy could do a private service to honour your Mom for you and your family.
Thanks.
I'm sure there could be, but my mom was living with my sister and her husband and I haven't even been told by either of them. I had to find it out 2nd hand. she also did the obit, didn't check any of it with anyone and it's wrong and it says a celebration of life will be done at a later time due to covid.

Old saw fixer

Sorry for your loss, Sledgehammer.  Some of my siblings don't share news either. 
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

sawguy21

My mom didn't want a full on funeral, she said a family gathering would be fine with her. Of course my sister had to organize a public memorial, I had to fly down on short notice if I wanted to attend! If I didn't no matter to her. Typical ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Old saw fixer

My folks wanted to be cremated and their ashes spread on the beach at Cape Cod where they had good memories.  One sibling decided a dark niche in a columbarium in Arlington National Cemetery was a better place.  I kind of gave up on them then...
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Sedgehammer

Quote from: Old saw fixer on November 01, 2020, 07:20:20 PM
My folks wanted to be cremated and their ashes spread on the beach at Cape Cod where they had good memories.  One sibling decided a dark niche in a columbarium in Arlington National Cemetery was a better place.  I kind of gave up on them then...
Quote from: Old saw fixer on November 01, 2020, 09:44:40 AM
Sorry for your loss, Sledgehammer.  Some of my siblings don't share news either.  

Thanks, appreciate that I does!
I hear ya. I don't know why people need to be like that. I guess it gives them power they think. I've told my wife I want to be smoked and 1/2 my ashes buried with her when she passes and the other 1/2 to be spread in a few different places. 

Sedgehammer

Quote from: sawguy21 on November 01, 2020, 10:44:47 AM
My mom didn't want a full on funeral, she said a family gathering would be fine with her. Of course my sister had to organize a public memorial, I had to fly down on short notice if I wanted to attend! If I didn't no matter to her. Typical ::)
She did that for her own self viewed importance and she let you know about it in no uncertain terms. I'm right there with ya....

Brad_S.

Very sorry for your loss.

I have a friend whose father died a couple weeks ago. Couldn't have a viewing in the funeral home because of Covid rules. The man had been a concrete contractor although the business has been dormant for well over a decade. Still, he had the shop where he used to make equipment repairs. The family laid him out in his shop...which was always his happy place anyhow. All his friends and family came to visit, there were no quotas that had to be observed. Very smart move on their part; hundreds of people showed up! His son led the funeral procession with the gentleman's well used backhoe with an American flag clamped to one side of the bucket and the Marine Corps flag clamped to the other. Very fitting goodbye to a hard-working man.

It just goes to show there are ways around the rules
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Sedgehammer

@Brad_S. Thanks.

That's pretty cool and I'm sure he wood've wanted it that way even without the ccp virus. 

That wood take family working together. Not my family. 

Thank You Sponsors!