iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who keeps books in the bathroom?

Started by Modat22, November 20, 2005, 09:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

the wife gets on me often for my reading materials in the bathroom, I figure I do my best thinking when I'm in there.

here's my current bathroom literature collection.

whats in your bathroom?
remember man that thy are dust.

Dan_Shade

you must have some problems if you read the whole machinery's handbook, and now are onto the guide :-D

my head looks quite similar, only my machinery handbook (and guide) resides beside my PC.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Tony

It's the only place that I can get any peace and quite (4 and 5 yr olds)
  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
                                             Tony ;D
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Modat22

I save the guide for those extremely long moments of thought.

Honestly I go thru the guide and do practice problems, If I don't constantly excercise my math I forget it, alzhymers runs in my family so I figure all the math helps.

PawNature

Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Catalogs, Dictionary, Back of cereal boxes, Anything that is readable. :)
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Modat22

Quote from: PawNature on November 20, 2005, 10:12:18 PM
Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Catalogs, Dictionary, Back of cerel boxes, Anything that is readable. :)

Have you ever found yourself reading the ingredients from cans of hairspray, toilet cleaners, toothpaste?

PawNature

GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

sawguy21

Quote from: Modat22 on November 20, 2005, 10:13:49 PM
Have you ever found yourself reading the ingredients from cans of hairspray, toilet cleaners, toothpaste?
Not gone that far yet but the reading room sees a lot of magazines for those quiet moments ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

isawlogs

I think the question might be ... do any of you not have books in the bathroom ...  ;D :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

isawlogs

Quote from: beenthere on November 20, 2005, 10:29:38 PM
None....natta.....zippo.....

I dont have those yet here . Are they new .  ??? ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Blake22

Quote from: pigman on November 20, 2005, 10:38:31 PM
Corncobs ;) ;D
2 red ones, then a white one, then maybe another red one   :D :D
Blake

Paschale

What I don't get...are the people who have TV's in their bathroom!   ::) 
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

woodbowl

Quote from: Modat22 on November 20, 2005, 10:10:09 PM
If I don't constantly excercise my math I forget it, alzhymers runs in my family so I figure all the math helps.
The only book in our bathroom is the Bible.  .......................................     Hey Modat,  I heared a report the other day about people that stay active mentaly have less risk of alzheimers. 
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

I heard that somewhere, but I forget where it was. ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Homer

Fine Wood Working,tool catalogs. also, realise mistakes on projects and/or solve problems on same. Homer

RSteiner

A bathroom without "reading" material is like going to a base ball game without having a hot dog.

I think having reading material in the bathroom stems from the days of the back house and recycling last years edition of the Sears, Roebuck catalog.

Randy
Randy

Max sawdust

Gezz Mod,
I thought you kept books like a novel in the bathroom.  :o  
That would be kinda strange to me  ;D

Ya I have the old standbuys like Cabelas, Lee Valley, Fur Fish and Game,  Fine woodworking, American Rifle Man, the County plat map and so on.  Big reading items are always whatever I am working on, or just got.  Been known to read lots of manuals in the bathroom. And yes if desperate I too have been known to read soap bottles or anything with text on it ::)

OK, Who Has Wireless Internet and a Laptop.  Cause then you know what happens ??? ??? ???
You Read the Forestry Forum in the bathroom ;D ;D ::) ::)
Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

crtreedude

Max,

Don't give them ideas! 

My books in the bathroom is Spanish phrase books and the like.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

TexasTimbers

Yep. I have a similiar gamut. The current collection includes an older FW (#151), Woodshop News, The Texas Revolution; A Day by Day Account - Bob Boyd. Built-In Furniture; Toplin (Taunton Press). Hanley Woods Remodeling Magazine, and Schott's Original Miscellany.

Quote from: Modat22 on November 20, 2005, 10:13:49 PM
How rediculous.   Who would stoop to it?

"CAUTION. CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE!"
Active ingredients:
Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Saccharinate.......

:D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Modat22

Quote from: Max sawdust on November 21, 2005, 07:08:15 AM
Gezz Mod,
I thought you kept books like a novel in the bathroom.  :o  
That would be kinda strange to me  ;D

Well *hides face* I do have a couple novels by the throne. I save those for all nighters.

Don P

I had ta go look. Simplified Engineering, Nat'l Geo, 3 copies of Journal of Light Construction, Woodworkers Supply, a journal and the code book. The last one is in case someone gets stranded  ;D.  Do you ever hear "are your legs asleep yet?" and then realize that they are  :D.

Remember what Ben Franklin said, "Nothing clears the mind ..."  :)

Don P

I forgot one of the most important pieces of reading material in the downstairs bathroom. We put together 6 topo maps of the surrounding area and put them on the wall in front of of the seat of honor. I often get home from a new job and figure out where I've been and what I've been looking at.

Thank You Sponsors!