iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday and welcome to the forum Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) do you mill fulltime  ???
CMS or Baker on the side of the screen might be able to help you out with a S/H resaw or know where a one is located

Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Quartersane

Graduated in 1998 from a single-aught Frick (wooden frame/carriage) to a WoodMizer LT40 manual mill.  I'm hoping to move on up to at least an LT40 Super after my current stint in the corporate world is over.  ;)

In response to "That mill looks kinda rough...":  "If being pretty was a requirement, there'd be a lot of us out of work"

boman1

2005 Woodmizer LT40SHDD51 & 2005 Woodmizer ED26 Edger. I have it set up to cut specialty timbers for my brothers tie mill. Mostly cut 12x12 20's

tyb525

Now it's an LT10 and a chainsaw mill. :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

idahohay

I run an old Mighty Mite band mill, has hydraulic feed and up-down, everything else is manual. 16' length and 28" width. Bought it used about 25 years ago.

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to the Forum Idahohay  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) looks like your getting a dang good run Mighty mite Mate  ;) ;D 8)

Reguards Chris

petefrom bearswamp

2008 lt40shdd51 with accuset2   for an expensive toy in my dotage.
Sold my old mill to Chuck white last spring, he is working it hard!
I only saw when the mood strikes me (when I can get to the mill in warmer weather)
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Papa1stuff

Well Pete ,you can hook up to your mill and come down here to Florida ,park it next to mine and help me mill all these logs I get from the landfill! 8)
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Tropical man

Running a Lucas swing blade and 4 Morgan horizontal thin kerf bandmills.
Using the Lucas to square logs over 10", then to the Morgans.  Smaller logs go straight to the Morgans.
The Morgans are set up in two feed through lines, 2 Morgans per line.
We average 15 to 16 mbf of logs per day with this setup.
Also have a new Peterson swing blade in the warehouse but haven't used it yet.

Papa Bang

Kara circle saw YS 2000 from Finnland and a two saw edger. Are there any other Karas out there?

Bruce
Papa Bang

Meadows Miller

Gday

Welcome to the forum Tropo  ;) & Puppa Bang  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) pull up a pack anytime fellas  You'll have a ball plenty off great Blokes here  ;D 8) 8) I do  ;) :D :D :D 8) 8)

Bruce  ive settup and runn and trained operators on Karas in 3 states off Australia Masters and F2000s proboly done around 4 to 5000 + hours on em easy  ;) ;D ;D Ive only used one Old 94 mod YS model  :o and that was different  ;) :D :D ;D

My best months average was on an Master up in Qld in 01 I averaged 8000  bft sawn per 9 hr day in plantation pine (Edging on the table ;) we didnt have an edger  ;) :D :D ;D ) targeting 8x2s out off the larger logs and 3x2s and 4x2s out off the smaller ones with recovery going down  to 3x 1/2s   ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) I use to go like a cut snake on em  ;)  ;D but  you felt it at the end off the day  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D and the two blokes stacking and docking didnt like it much as they where use to only doing about the 4000 mark before i got there  :o :) :( ;) :D :D

They are a Bloody good little production mill if you can keep them in logs from 10" to 22" dia and 12 to 20' long  you can Punch out some timber  ;) ;D 8) 8) anything bigger or smaller starts to slow you down abit  :o ::) ;) :D :D Like any machine they have their limits and comfort zone they like  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Ive done logs upto about 30" dia on the std mill with 44" saw and then finished the cut off with a chainsaw more times than id like to remember  ::) ::) the smallest runn logs ive done on em is about 4"  :o :) ::) ::) ;) :D :D :D ;)

The Aust Kara Rep wanted Me to go to Finland in 02  to enter the Sawyers Championship For kara and similar mills eg Laiomet ,Slidetech built by Tommi Laine the world champion  ;)they have there and i passed up the chance as i was too buisy at the time  ::) just another what iff  ;) :D as Dave still tells me he reckons id give Tommi a bloody good runn for his money    ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) i might still do it some day  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Reguards Chris

beenthere

Quote from: Meadows Miller on May 02, 2009, 05:47:38 AM
Gday

Welcome to the forum Tropo  ;)
& Puppa Bang  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
pull up a pack anytime fellas  You'll have a ball plenty off great Blokes here  ;D 8) 8) I do  ;) :D :D :D 8) 8)

Bruce  ive settup and runn and trained operators on Karas in 3 states off Australia Masters and F2000s proboly done around 4 to 5000 + hours on em easy  ;) ;D ;D
Ive only used one Old 94 mod YS model  :o
and that was different  ;) :D :D ;D

My best months average was on an Master up in Qld in 01 I averaged 8000  bft sawn per 9 hr day in plantation pine (Edging on the table ;) we didnt have an edger  ;) :D :D ;D )
targeting 8x2s out off the larger logs and 3x2s and 4x2s out off the smaller ones with recovery going down  to 3x 1/2s   ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)
I use to go like a cut snake on em  ;)  ;D
but  you felt it at the end off the day  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D
and the two blokes stacking and docking didnt like it much as they where use to only doing about the 4000 mark before i got there  :o :) :( ;) :D :D

They are a Bloody good little production mill if you can keep them in logs from 10" to 22" dia and 12 to 20' long  you can Punch out some timber  ;) ;D 8) 8)
anything bigger or smaller starts to slow you down abit  :o ::) ;) :D :D
Like any machine they have their limits and comfort zone they like  ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Ive done logs upto about 30" dia on the std mill with 44" saw and then finished the cut off with a chainsaw more times than id like to remember  ::) ::)
the smallest runn logs ive done on em is about 4"  :o :) ::) ::) ;) :D :D :D ;)

The Aust Kara Rep wanted Me to go to Finland in 02  to enter the Sawyers Championship For kara and similar mills eg Laiomet ,Slidetech built by Tommi Laine the world champion  ;)
they have there and i passed up the chance as i was too buisy at the time  ::)
just another what iff  ;) :D
as Dave still tells me he reckons id give Tommi a bloody good runn for his money    ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
i might still do it some day  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Reguards Chris

I figured out a way that I can read Meadows Miller posts.... ;D ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Meadows Miller

Gday

Beenthere is that reading them twice Mate  ;) :D :D :D

Reguards Chris

Tribune

10" WPF, Cat 416 backhoe, 041 Stihl

mad murdock

for now a Granberg Alaska mill on my Husky 372 XP.  plan to build a mill, probably a swing blade w/narrow kerf blade.  1964 Garrett Model 15 Tree Farmer.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

KyTreeFarmer

I have a very old Foley-Belsaw handset circle mill that was sold thru Sears & Roebuck. 34 ft. track, 3 headblock 14ft carriage, with 38 in. solid tooth blade all rescued from briar patch. Powered by 6 cylinder Chevy engine on skid. Rewooded and set up about 15 years ago. Sitting idle most of the time since.

Woodmizer LT 15
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

aksawyer

LT15 custom with self added independant hyd.Thomas 153S skidsteer.Cletrac 1940 ag4 dozer.1985 White cab over short logger w/prentice self loader.Husky 288.Husky 288XP.Stihl 066,036,290.Husky 55 Rancher.Could go on all day with the manual tools.Aksawyer fairbanks Alaska

Ron R.

Just puchased a Belsaw Model M with 40 inch inserted tooth blade. Powering it with a 1965 3020 Diesel John Deere. That is when I get it together :D. Now gotta buy some toys to load logs with.................Ron

islandlogger

Peterson 8" WPF, 24 HP Honda,   Love IT!!

GregW

Norwood LM 2000 purchased in Oct of 2000. 13 hp Honda. Was electric powered for 6 yrs. When elec motor died I put the Honda back on. The mill has paid for itself at least five times just by sawing other peoples logs.

Also have:
1970 Ford 1600 tractor w/home made "log blade" on the loader
1974 International S8 skidder
Norwwod sharpener and setter
Too many other things to list!

glgdiggs

Wood-Mizer LT40HDG35 super hydraulic & ED-22 edger.

Magicman

'98 Woodmizer LT40 Super Hydraulic/Lombardini, bought used in 2002.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cutterboy

Norwood LM2000 purchased in 2001.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

dmartin

2002 Timberking B20
Tajfun Winch
John Deere 790 W/Loader

jcbrotz

Just found this site and all its info.Thanks in advance for putting up with me.
Woodmizer LT40 33HP kubota diesel
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

Thank You Sponsors!