Furby

It's a HOT TUB! 8)
OWW knows what the cheese is for. ;)

Biggest problem I see is Ice becoming ice. :-\

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Furby

No, cause I don't partake and didn't want to encourage.
Cheese is good though. ;) :)

Bioman

I'll post here too.  Does anyone has access to bales of switchgrass?

farmerdoug

They have installed the first Biomizer at Bio-Tim's house last week.  8) They are going to post pictures this weekend.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

They now have a video on the installation thread over at Biomizer Forum.  It is rather large so if you have dialup like me be aware it will take a while to download.  They will be adding pictures for us slow pokes soon.
Doug
Fargo, MI

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

farmerdoug

The pictures and video is theirs of their install at Bio-Tim's place.  I will see if they will post something here also. 
Doug
Fargo, MI

Bibbyman

Here is the link to the page the video is on.   The Bio-Forum works upside down to the Forestry Forum scroll down to the bottom of the page to find it.  Look for a big box with a blue "M" in the middle.

Link to Bio-Mizer install video
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

farmerdoug

Bibbyman,  All you have to do is change your preferences on your control panel to get the oldest post first over there.  It is the same way here too.
Doug
Fargo, MI

farmerdoug

Well it looks like we are going to have to burn sawdust that has a MC below 30%.  If the MC is above 30% it requires alot of propane.  I hope we can work the MC% as we test though. 

They are building the test units as fast as they can but have fallen behind with a couple of problems Bio-Tim has already found and they are correcting.  It looks like the first deliveries will be in the first half of February. 

I will update when I know more about the project.  One other thing, Biomizer is moving up to Indy where the Biomizers will be built in New Point along with the Woodmizer mills.  All that will be left in Kentucky is the Resharp shop.
Doug
Fargo, MI

beenthere

How are the test Bio_Mizer's working?
Seems a bit quiet... ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

farmerdoug

Still waiting to get them and I am a little worried about the lack of answers from them too. ::)
Doug
Fargo, MI

Jeff

I don't mind the wait as there is to much winter right now to wanna go outside. however it is pretty quiet on the Bio-Mizer front!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Yah, I hear ya on that winter thing...got a another good taste of it here today too.

south central Wisconsin

batesvillebuck

It has been quiet at Bio-Mizer because there hasn't been much to talk about.  We've been busy building units.  We have run into several issues that we needed to correct.  We hope to have the first 5 test units completed by the end of this week (2/15).  Once they are ready to ship, we will begin contacting testers about shipping their unit. 

beenthere

Welcome to the forum....

How about an introduction....who you be??
Implied that you are with BioMizer...as you said "we've been busy...."

Or did I miss something?
south central Wisconsin

batesvillebuck

Yes, I work at Bio-Mizer.  I'm the new pres.  I have been at Wood-Mizer for 22 1/2 years.  I am not as active on the forum as some in the past have been, so please don't take that as Wood-Mizer witholding info.  I usuall only look at it every few days.

submarinesailor

We are very happy to have you here in our little world. 8) 8) 8)

I really enjoyed the long conversation I had with some of your guys at the Pig Roast back in August.  Still wish the Sterling engine to electricity idea had worked out.  Hope you guys haven't given up on the idea of having an electrical output.

Bruce

beenthere

Quote from: batesvillebuck on February 12, 2008, 08:13:02 AM
Yes, I work at Bio-Mizer.  I'm the new pres.  I have been at Wood-Mizer for 22 1/2 years.  I am not as active on the forum as some in the past have been, so please don't take that as Wood-Mizer witholding info.  I usuall only look at it every few days.

That's a start... ;D ;D
What does a Bio-Mizer pres do?  We'd like ta get to know ya better....we're pretty good listeners.   ::) ::)
8)
south central Wisconsin

jpgreen

Quote from: submarinesailor on February 12, 2008, 08:23:38 AM
I had with some of your guys at the Pig Roast back in August.  Still wish the Sterling engine to electricity idea had worked out.  Hope you guys haven't given up on the idea of having an electrical output.

Bruce

Now that's got my ears perked up.  Us off gridders are always seeking power generation, specially DC with cool engines..  8) 8) 8)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

beenthere

Any Bio-Mizers been shipped received?? 
Just anxious to hear how they work out.

Hope this isn't opening a can of worms.... ::)
south central Wisconsin

StorminN

Just started reading this thread now. Do I have to scroll through 30 pages to find out how much one of these things will cost when they come to market?

Our Baker resaw and wide abrasive planers here generate three pickup trucks (a box 4'x4'x8') worth of fine, kiln-dried mostly aspen sawdust, most every working day... is this enough to keep up with a Bio-Mizer, or are they bigger scale than that?

EDIT - OK, sorry about that... I watched the video and it looks like these things are small. Are there plans to make bigger ones? We have a 24,000 sq ft building here.

Thanks,
-Norm.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

farmerdoug

Norm,
They are testing  million btu burners right now.  They will burn your output readily.  If you figure about 6000 btus per lb, you can figure out your fuel needs.

Doug
Doug
Fargo, MI

TexasTimbers

Any updates from anyone? These mizers must surely be getting more and more attractive with utility costs doing what they are certainly going to do every 6 months.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!