iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

i know i happened just ask my mother ;D ;D :D :D 8) 8)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

Wind howling.  Cold. 

What is a roof rake?  You will fall off that roof with all the ice.  Just leave the leafs on it.  They will decompose in five or ten years in your climate  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

We are not so cold. ;D 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

dgdrls

Projected Tuesday and Wednesday, The Ice Cube machines (Lakes Ontario and Erie) are on full

DGDrls

Crow99

WDH:  A roof rake is what I'm going to put in the back of the pickup when I head South...  first place I stop and someone asks "What is that foolish looking thing?" that's where I'll move to.... ;D ;D ;D :D

Seriously though, been there done that, and I'm a Northerner for the duration.. A roof rake is a shallow scraper blade mounted on a loooong handle (maybe several sections) that you use from the ground(usually, or from a ladder if you're an acrobat) to pull snow off your roof.  Often better than actually standing on the roof and shoveling, esp. if you're a bit leery of heights.

bugdust

8:45 Monday night in Southern WV and just hit ZERO!
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

thecfarm

My wife had trouble with her roof,so she had a roof rake. We had this place built. The only place I use the roof rake in over the front door that the dog uses. Don't want her pillow to get wet from the dripping eves.  ;D
32° now.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dusty Rhodes

-2 F here now and the wind is whipping.  May hit the minus teens by morning.  Stoked the OWB with big pieces of Hickory and Locust.  Even threw in a half dozen grapefruit sized chunks of Bit Coal to the back of the firebox.  Hope I can keep us toasty till morning. That wind sure wants to suck the heat out of this old house. 

thecfarm

The wind will suck the heat out of just about any house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on January 06, 2014, 09:18:33 PM
The wind will suck the heat out of just about any house.

You got that right!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

It's -4 at my cabin in Williamsville right now. Fortunately, I'm at The Beach where it's a warm 32. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

14°F and windy here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

it feels like I got the ac on in the low low setting   pore owb she has been working double over time this year ;D

SwampDonkey

Back to winter, it's 15F and falling. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Al_Smith

12 below as I type .

chevytaHOE5674

Just got in from checking the animals and it is brisk out there. Temp is -14° and the windchill is between -30° and -40° and lots of snow and drifting overnight.

Good news is the 10 day forecast shows positive 10's 20's and 30's starting Friday for a few days.

m wood

-1 with 40+ mph wind(gusts to 60).  2-3 feet of snow from Buffalo to Batavia, the first REAL blizzard alert since 1993. 
work shut down, well, everything shut down! :D.  Wife got stuck working a double cuz the 3rd shift ALL called in.  Waiting to hear from her right now.  But its only a mile and a half away and her family sedan is a 4x4 truck too! :D
gotta love it (to live in it) and I actually do.
mark
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

scgargoyle

+3 here in SOUTH Carolina!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

BBTom

I had -16.1F at 11pm last night by midnite it warmed up to -15.7F and has slowly warmed ever since.  It is a balmy -12 as I type this. 

My wood supply is taking a real hit this week.  I will use a weeks worth of wood in two days with these temps and winds. 

Keep warm everyone, stay safe.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

red oaks lumber

getting better. only -29 this morning lite wind windchill -35-40  looking at the longer forecast, there is a nice(for us) warm up by the weekend, highs will be in the upper twenties.
there is a god!! :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Peter Drouin

+18 and sun, going to cut hemlock today. After I sand the driveway  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

wwsjr

+5° with wind chill -5° at my place now. Way to cold for NE MS. High yesterday was 18°, low was 9°. Forecast is back to 40° by Thursday with freezing rain.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Raider Bill

38 this am here in sunny Tampa Bay :snowball:
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Autocar

Minus twelve here also with a brisk breeze,not a fun day to be out.
Bill

ronwood

-9 Deg F in Missouri this morning
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Thank You Sponsors!