iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The high is supposed to be 72 here today. Too cold for shorts so I guess it's a jeans and t-shirt day. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: doctorb on February 17, 2015, 07:39:23 AM
Anybody else forgotten to take the snow blower out of reverse and had the handle smack you in the... well, you know here.  Happened this morning. :D

Well you're a Dr. Fix yourself and keep on getting it!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Hilltop366 on February 17, 2015, 08:08:53 AM
The handle hits me in the stomach.

Quit bragging Hilltop.  :D

Raider Bill

My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Due to us being ICED today, I will be reading Northern Member's Post only. As soon as this weather passes, I will get back to you Southern members.  ;D

sandhills

sures001

Quote from: Magicman on February 16, 2015, 07:55:38 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, @sures001.  How about an intro thread and telling us a bit about yourself and your log/lumber/sawing/woodworking interest.
Where should I post that? Happy to do so!

And to stay on topic, last night we got several inches of fluffy, powdery snow. We're all rejoicing because it's hovering around 20°F and real-feel isn't quite in the negatives!

doctorb

Raider Bill-

I am really enjoying your taunts, especially since I'll be in Islamorada this time tomorrow.  Save a stool at the tiki bar for me.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

It got up to 20 today. No sun. Not bad. Suppose to drop down to zero again tonight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

FarmingSawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on February 17, 2015, 05:27:13 PM
It got up to 20 today. No sun. Not bad. Suppose to drop down to zero again tonight.

It was nice and sunny in the woods getting out logs yesterday and today. Think it hit 15 today, but sure felt nice!
Down to 0 tonight and a possible high of 24˚ tomorrow! Tropical! Snow has shifted til later in the week.....
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

chevytaHOE5674

Got up to a balmy 0° today and heading down to -12° tonight with wind chills of -30° or more. Wed a high of -2° and Thurs a high of -6° according to the guessers. Going to be a cold few days out in the woods...

Peter Drouin

4 here, I'm so sick of the snow, :snowfight1: go_away fiddle-smiley :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

Feel bad for everyone up north this winter, but here's our dose of winter. We got about five inches yesterday, starting around 3 pm. It switched over to sleet and freezing rain some time late last night. Finally stopped around 10 am. Everything is covered in ice. It was some tough shoveling and clearing off the vehicles this afternoon. Had to break through the crust with a spade, then shovel the heavy stuff out of the way. I took lots of breaks, because I'm not having a heart attack shoveling snow. ;) It's been really cold (for us) here at The Beach for the past week, nightly lows in the high-teens, and during the day below freezing. Saturday, we had wind gusts over 60 mph. Tomorrow night and in to Thursday we're supposed to have record low temps of near zero. After Saturday, the highs will be back above 40.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

I feel bad for the ones that are not use to snow and cold temps. Ice no one wants or really has a way to deal with it. I have no idea how far North you mean,but here we are ready for it. Yes,the cities may have have a hard time with snow removal,but the snow don't bother downtown Chesterville much.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

We ended up with about an inch or so of white precipitation.  Snow sleet freezing rain combo. Driveway melted off by this afternoon and the roads cleared up pretty quick this morning.  Should have lots of black ice in the morning and get down to single digits tomorrow and Thursday with windchill well below zero.

mesquite buckeye

Sadly, no snow to report.

73 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

18F and sunny yesterday. Took a trip to the big city. They have way more snow down there, pilled up into their front windows. Paths with snow way over head. Roads were pretty bare by afternoon. Then the clouds rolled in, so looks like more stuff coming soon.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

It is -2 here now. Snow coming tonight. Another depends storm,maybe foot maybe 3 inches. I am on the line.

FarmingSawyer

9˚ and sunny here now. High of 25˚ predicted today and I notice that we're in the mid-20's for the next week or so, which makes a nice change from 15˚ for the past few weeks. 12" of snow predicted tonight through Friday. Hope I can get my load of logs delivered today.....
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

mesquite buckeye

79 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Good day for doin' nothin'. smiley_sun
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Sunny and 22 F here at high noon. Water from snow melting on the drive way. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tree-farmer

2 in of ice from Monday, not melting. Forcast for -4 in am tomorrow. Bum leg, going nuts not being able to get out.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

curdog

Looks like -2 for tomorrow night.  I don't mind cold but this is getting carried away.  Ya'll folks up north can pull the cold air back whenever you get ready. I've got to figure how to keep the dogs from freezing up outside.

Banjo picker

It was a record for me Monday...supposed to be a holiday....I got called in 3 times....twice to salt bridges and once to cut trees out of the road....then I got the stomach flu.....bummer...Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Raider Bill

I just walked back from the diner [ block and a half] and got a chill. I think I will need socks today. Probably weird to you northerners me worrying about weather I should be wearing socks with sandals but it's about fashion.

Thank You Sponsors!