Peter Drouin

58° no sun, just rain, like the last two weeks off and on. ::) :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

IMERC

no winter ... yet..
DanG...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Ianab

Is it really "working" when you have a view like this?  :)

Chilli plants in the greenhouse haven't really taken off yet, there was a light frost this morning, and the car temp gauge was reading 4C on the way out to the farm. The cold nights hold them back, even inside. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

42° that's more like the way it should be. Some places might get a frost tonight. I am up on a hill,so I might not.
Suppose to be in the 70's by mid week. :o  One of these days those high temps will stop.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

A little slushy snow this morning. "Warmed" up to 38° with rain now so all the white stuff is gone. 

Sixacresand

Quote from: Ianab on October 05, 2018, 01:32:19 AM
Is it really "working" when you have a view like this?  :)

Chilli plants in the greenhouse haven't really taken off yet, there was a light frost this morning, and the car temp gauge was reading 4C on the way out to the farm. The cold nights hold them back, even inside.
My wife ask, with a view like that, When were you going to have a Forestry Forum Member "get to gether"?
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

lxskllr

64, overcast, and brief periods of drizzle. It was a very nice day at work. I like it cooler, but it's hard to complain after 84 yesterday. Almost felt like fall  :^)

curdog

Truck read 88 when I cranked it up, drove down the road a mile or two and it was showing 94...either way... hot, hot hot

WDH

Hot, hot, hot.  92 today. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ianab

Quote from: Sixacresand on October 05, 2018, 03:54:55 PMMy wife ask, with a view like that, When were you going to have a Forestry Forum Member "get to gether"?

Any time you want to visit :)

Just be warned, we are actually off the main tourist scenic routes here. Lonely Planet Guide rates Taranaki high, but mostly as an "undiscovered gem". Main problem with NZ is how to see it all in one trip. We spent almost 3 weeks touring just the South Island, which is arguably the more scenic one. You could do the same with the Nth Island, and still have to miss out on seeing things. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

40° this morning.
Yesterday felt like a fall day,bright sun,but not warm.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jerry sundberg

Rain again, can't get the winter prep stuff done in the gardens. Hope to get in another tractor ride before it gets too cold !
Farmall  man

thecfarm

Sure is not 40° now.The sun has some warmth to it.

SwampDonkey

We had about 58 today and partial sun. Was warm in the new place, 80F with a wood fire. No more cold feet for me with heat pumps. Keep them down south if they want cold.  :D Got the taters dug in the garden. Moved some boxes of kitchen stuff into the house, but set them on the porch for now. Going to use them and put them away as we need'm. But we still have some paint and plaster touch-ups this coming week and hopefully have that rubber wood on the dormer window. Been waiting and waiting for ever to get it delivered and on and done with. Contractor said will be putting it on Tuesday (holiday Monday of course). Well, unless it's sitting on the steps by 8:00 am Tuesday, that means no sooner than Wednesday to me. Nothing is ever tomorrow, it is always next week. ::) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

More 30s and 40s with rain rain rain. 5" so far in October and its only the 8th, our long-term average for the entire month of October is less than 5 inches and its supposed to rain 3+ inches over the next few days. 

Bandmill Bandit

MORE SNOW!

We have not a had a enough consecutive days of dry weather to make up a week worth of dry days since the beginning of September and most of the moisture has been in the form of the white stuff. In 62 years this is a first for me in this region.

This past week there was 5 days that did get the combines in the field for friday and saturday and that pushed the provincial crop harvested numbers up to just over 40 % but 90% of what is off has to be dried and the quality of most is such that it wont pay for the drying IF you can even sell it. Its all feed and there are not enough cattle left in the province to consume that much feed. It is a very grim situation for many farmers.

PS
The Federated Cooperative and the UFA cooperative have just notified the farm community that we now have a propane shortage. That really is a not good!
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

lxskllr

77 and 100% humidity. Just the way I hate it  :^(

WDH

Looks like we have a hurricane bearing down :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Maybe that is what moving that warm air up here. High 70's. :o

thecfarm

6:45AM and it's 62°.  :o   I am sitting here with the window open. Still no frost at my house. A warm fall. Leaves are looking real pretty.

hturner12

Quote from: WDH on October 08, 2018, 08:02:12 PM
Looks like we have a hurricane bearing down :).
Danny stay safe looks like it gone it get me as a tropical storm

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

WDH

We are square in the middle of the path once it gets inland.  Category 4 now.  This could be real bad for the folks on the Florida panhandle. 

Woodcutter_Mo

We got some moderate rain overnight, today it's supposed to cool down and start feeling like Fall weather. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

chevytaHOE5674

4 inches of rain since yesterday and still coming down. Quite a bit of flooding around the area. 39° with strong winds it may as well be a hurricane. 

SwampDonkey

A few showers yesterday and last night here. Today nothing until 3:00 pm and light and no wind. Must have been near 70 yesterday, seen the sun by supper time. Was sunny Monday and going to be by Friday again. Never seen no frost here for nearly 3 weeks. But that was enough to see that the low valleys are dropping leaves fast now, more so than the ridges. Still color, but another week and it will fade away for another 11 months.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!