iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel

21 degrees (Celsius) here today...I forgot to update though that last Friday night we got snow.
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Samuel on June 10, 2011, 04:13:10 PM
21 degrees (Celsius) here today...I forgot to update though that last Friday night we got snow.

Yeah in Whitecourt, Alberta it put a stand still on the tree planting with a foot of snow. :D

It was hot for 3 days and we had 1.5 inches of rain here Wednesday, but some places had 2.5 inches, then another 2 or 3 last night. The main river is red with silt. Funny right here at the house we never got any storm last night, but the lightning was so bad elsewhere it was interfering with the phone lines and power would flicker. The modem was all static and couldn't connect online. Wasn't doing anything here and thought the modem was gone hewy, but the PC diagnostic said the computer was fine.

Thursday was still muggy as it was like a greenhouse in the woods. Today was 68 F and a breeze kept the flies away. The pine was shedding pollen and it was like a dust storm in the yard. :D

I like coolness, thank you very much!! ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Hot.  Very hot.  No measurable rain here, not even 1/10th since April 4th.  Heading into the third month with NO rain.  Other places are floating away.  Crazy.

My poor garden is surviving on my well pump.  Poor well pump.  I am glad to hear that other people are having some decent weather.  It helps to balance things out and to keep the Earth from spinning out of the Solar System  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Here's the picture of the hail storm a few post back.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

My uncle said he saw a car the other day all beat to heck with hail dents.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Cedarman

Had a little blow down in our front yard.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

SwampDonkey

I think all of Georgia's water is up here, just had another 2" this weekend. I looked out at one field in a thunderstorm and it was all water. It's up on high ground to.  Another field on high ground was a 300 yard wide brook coming into the roadside ditch and down the brook for the fishies. :o

Ernie

Almost the shortest day and the low last night was 17C and the high, so far, today has been 21C. What a great winter. Sure we've had the odd rather heavy dew but generally it has been fantastic.. It sure is great to be alive in God's wondrous creation.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ianab

Heavy dew, with a chance of tornadoes  :D

Partner tells me our office in New Plymouth is still there, but the radiator shop and plumbing supply place just down the road are missing roofs.

A nice calm night with a bit of a frost might be much less exciting...

Iani
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Coon

I just got in a mere few minutes ago and I feeel like a drowned rat floating down the mighty Mississippi.   :D  I was outside just about finished mowing the lawn when we had a great big thunderous crack of lightening close by followed by sheets of rain and a bit of hail mixed in.  It came down so hard within 30 seconds that my push lawnmower hydrolocked from ingesting so much water.  ;D  I had about two minutes or so left of mowing to do when the rain hit.  I am now left with a small unmowed patch in the middle of my yard.   :D   Now I sit here not ten minutes later and the sun is about to poke out from behind the clouds.  Gotta love those freak thunderstorms that scare the bejesus outta ya with a big crak of lightening.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Ron Scott

Cedarman, hopefully you escaped any structure damages and that it was a near miss.
~Ron

Cedarman

Broke 2 cedar boards on the railing is all.  Been there 20 years.  I am glad they weren't oak.  Would have been hard to find a replacement. :D :D

WDH

Now you can sell that tree on Craigslist and retire  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Cedarman

You would think that since I have a sawmill that I would saw the oak up.  Nope, going to be sold to another mill.  Also, a couple other oaks, poplar, walnut, beech and a few others that the wind took down.  I do not have the markets or the time to chase them to sell lumber.  The only poplar we saw is to make custom pallets to ship our cedar on.

WDH

That is why we call you The CedarMan  :D.  At least you are a Purist, a man after a calling.

One-not-to-be-deterred-by-another-species  8).  That is abbreviated as Ontbdbas.  Soon, you will be as complicated as Tcsmpsi  :).

Cedarman

I am glad they call juniperas   Cedar.  Juniperman just doesn't have a ring to it.

SwampDonkey

The Juniper sawmill, was nick named Jupiter. But add a few less educated folks to the mix out there, that couldn't quite get the phonics, and they can sure put a spin on it to. :D

There was one gal that used to come pick up wood delivery cheques for her father at the marketing board. We also have our Wood Producers Association there in the same office. She always pronounced it wood 'ducers. She was after her father's wood 'ducers cheque. ;)

Maybe it should be Captain Jupiter. ;D

WDH

I least you aren't ChamaecyparisMan or ThujaMan  :D. 

sawbob011

I'm in NW Montana. Its been cold and raining a lot. We haven't gotten any of our normal thunderstorms. Just a 200% snow accumulation in the mountains that has lingered until... Well its still there. We are averaging 1 day of sun for every 9 days rain. It lousy. 
Echo CS-400 started it all
011 AVT

SwampDonkey

This time of year when brush cutting I prefer it to be half raining anyway to keep the deer flies away. Yesterday, they were so thick I could kill 3-5 with one swat!  Fly dope don't even phase'm. :o

Monday I had a brand new blade on and hit a couple old stumps that were turned up by the dozer and put a nice warp on the blade. She was rub'n on the blade guard. At first I thought the front end was going. I figure it was off 1/8". A couple times the saw kicked in an aspen and drove the blade into a neighboring spruce. Pisses me off!!! Now add them deer flies and your talking about a mean bush whacker. Don't even try to talk to me. :D

pigman

Hey SwampDonk, how is the brush cutting going. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Mooseherder

He said to leave him alone. :D

Norm

I think that's the most riled up I've ever seen SD.  ;D

High in the mid 60's here for the next couple of days. Ahhhhhh!

Coon

Do you guys think that now would be the right time to send SwampDonk some of our overgrown skeeters?  :D  We're growing them extra big this year.   ;D  Heard someone say yesterday that we should start sounding some kind of air raid alarms just before suppertime every night to warn the people to seek shelter before they carry you away.   :o The four inches of rain we got over the weekend ain't helping matters any.   ::)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Mooseherder

He needs a saw doc to hammer his blade. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!