iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Mt Washington is about 2-3 hours from me.The weather on top of the Mountain gets talked about by the weatherman each night. He said it was 40 on top of Mt Washington tonight. I only had 36. Most times there is a big difference in temperature,with me being much warmer. Seem odd the Mountain is warmer than me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Suppose to be mild into Wednesday now they say. I wonder who said it was going cold. Maybe if we wait long enough. Suppose to be in the 40's again today. ;D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Got about a foot of snow overnight and its still spitting snow at us. Still calling for snow pretty much every day for the next 2 weeks. Its a balmy 13 outside right now.

SwampDonkey

It's been mild for over a week now, as far as winter cold goes. Usually only a 3 day thing in January.  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Wenrich

I saw on the news the other day that it was colder in San Diego than it was in Chicago.  When its mild in the East, its cold in the West. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Magicman

The forecast says that we will be sloppy and cold through Thursday.  This ain't sawing weather.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Day 3,more fog. 39 here now,lowest was 36 in the night. My woods road I just drive over it and packed the snow down.It's all mush now.
Swampdonkey,the cold weather is coming. The City Guy,(weatherman) said it was going to get down to 10 and than the high would be 20. COLD he said.  ::) I have no idea what he will call
-10.  :D
My step son went up to Shyama Mills,right by the Houlton border,they said they have snow backens a couple feet high,that is about 3 hours from me. Really none here to really speak of.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chris Burchfield

Record three inches of rain yesterday.  69° F. yesterday morning, 29° F. this morning.  So soaked up here trees have been falling over on houses with a little wind.  Possible mixed wet, ice snow tonight.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

JohnM

46 now was 48 when I got up ???  No fire in either woodstove (that's about to change) and the snow is melting quick!  January thaw became a January melt. :-\
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on January 14, 2013, 08:07:51 AM

My step son went up to Shyama Mills,right by the Houlton border,they said they have snow backens a couple feet high,that is about 3 hours from me. Really none here to really speak of.

Smyrna Mills I think. ;) But I have maybe a foot of snow on the lawn at the deepest and many spots almost bare with maybe an inch of snow. They've got more snow in Houlton than they do in Woodstock, NB just over the line. I commented on it last Friday as we were over for dinner at Elm Tree diner. And of course drifting along the roads here makes higher banks than there is snow in the fields and woods. Yeah, a lot of those weathermen are southerners to begin with, don't know what cold is. ;D

OneWithWood

We got a couple inches of rain yesterday and then the temps plummeted.  I need to split firewood today but the engine on the splitter is frozen.  Ice in the carb and the crank only turns so far so a valve must have some ice on it also.  I will be spending the afternoon thawing it out.  At least the sun is shining...
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

wwsjr

Light rain mixed with sleet here now. Temp is 32.2F. Reports are 1/4" ice from Monroe, LA thru MS delta north to Memphis. I-55 south of Memphis reported to be icy. Interactive radar shows majority of freezing rain to be in west MS up into TN later today and tonight. Lows tonight about 30 with continuing light rain.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Magicman

We are at 34° and getting much rain.  Hopefully the temps will not drop further.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 14, 2013, 05:14:46 PM
We are at 34° and getting much rain.  Hopefully the temps will not drop further.

Whatever ya'll have, it always comes this way.  >:(

How about some better weathering reporting Magic.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SwampDonkey

Got up into the 50's here and still about 40 out after dark.  :)

JohnM

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 14, 2013, 06:22:46 PM
Got up into the 50's here and still about 40 out after dark.  :)

...and the ruts in the driveway are going to freeze up before I have chance to flatten them. >:(
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

pineywoods

Magic, you might oughta throw another log on the fire. You usually get what I have here about 12 hours later. We got ICE all over everything, not thick enough yet to be a problem, but it's still wet and getting colder. No way I saw in this kind of weather, even too cold to work in the shop..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

thecfarm

Thanks on the spelling,Swampdonkey. I knew that was not right. I thought I fixed it,but I guess I did not save it. I had to google it to get the right spelling.  ;D I couldn't even pronounce it right either,let alone spell it the first time I went up there.
Was nice and warm after the fog lifted about 11,than the wind came up about 2. Just can't please me.  :D

Magicman

Piney, we are getting a Southerly air flow from the Gulf that has warmed us up to 36°, so we should not see any ice.

thecfarm

That is good. I hate to see areas that get snow or ice if they are not use to it and have equipment to deal with it or know how to drive in snow.  ;)
Everything is froze up here now, but the temp is 35. I just went out to feed the deer and it's alot slick out there, no mush now.

Raider Bill

Another day of clear skies high 70's to low 80's.....  Get's boring same ol same ol all the time.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Norm

Have I mentioned I'm this close to visiting your for a couple of months... :D

Magicman

It looks like my tree farm will be on the edge of the ice.   :-\

chevytaHOE5674

Its a warm 13* out with light lake effect snow falling.

SwampDonkey

Sunny blue skies here and 27 degrees.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!