iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grumpy old men

Started by pineywoods, May 04, 2010, 08:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Younger Grumpy.  Son showed up wearing this. Chip off the old block (old saying)

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Texas Ranger

good job, helping the needing, a place at the table for you.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Den Socling

I applaud you gentlemen!  smiley_clapping

dnalley

I've heard it said that when you pass on, the only thing you'll take with you is what you gave away.  A lot of us wish we could qualify in this respect.  Bless you all.

customsawyer

Piney where do you get those units from? I have several on my list that could use them. Happy Birthday!
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

pineywoods

Quote from: customsawyer on May 17, 2015, 04:06:06 PM
Piney where do you get those units from? I have several on my list that could use them. Happy Birthday!

We get them from Assistive Technology Services in Murfreesboro, Tn. Web site is ats-tn.com. The unit we provide is a Personal Assitance Voice Dialer.
$99. They have some other units with more capabilities, but this one seems to be adequate for most folks. The wife wears one that is programmed to call my cell phone for starters. ATS has a bunch of other neat stuff

Thanks for the birthday wishes..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

Den Socling

Happy birthday you good old grumpy man!  8)

greenforestyy

amazing work that looks super nice, i gotta get educated on that level lol

pineywoods

The grumpy old men have a problem. The grim reaper keeps taking our friends. Lost 2 more recently. The latest one we buried yesterday. He was one of those generous souls who didn't leave much because he gave it all away. He leaves a special needs son whom  we will do our best to see after his needs.

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that Piney, prayers from here.

Roxie

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. 
Say when

WDH

Sorry to hear this news, Piney.  Stay grumpy. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

51cub

Sorry to hear it. My thoughts and prayers to everyone
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

mesquite buckeye

Sorry to hear that.  :( You need to line up some future grumpy old men to continue the fine tradition. :)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

pineywoods

We ain't all dead yet, and are still grumpy.  ;D Retired elderly nurse who lives alone in a camper way back in the backwoods. Uses a walker to get around, gets a visit from a physical therapist once a week. The therapist saw how difficult it is to get in and out of the house and called the pastor of a local church. Pastor knew about grumpy old men and put us to work

raiding the pineywoods sawmill, yielded a couple of 16 ft post oak logs (donated) and some 1X6 cypress lumber. Sawed the logs into 4X4 posts and 2X6 stringers. For this project we recruited a couple of new members, one is legally blind, the other has a steel rod for a spine. They wanted to help, so we let the blind man dig 10 postholes 2 ft deep with a manual hole-digger and the guy with the steel spine show him where to dig and when to stop.  ::) Six hours later, we had a usable but un-finished ramp. All 5 guys were a bit tuckered out and looked like rain, so we quit and set a return trip to finish the job.

We are all old and forgetful, I went back to finish the job and nobody else showed up  :-\  I'm a bit grumpy about that  >:(  In addition, the lady is being provided with one of the medical alert devices described in a previous post..

Den Socling

You are a wonderful man, Piney.

sandhills

And I'll second Den's remark, good job and well done  smiley_thumbsup

Roxie

Pineywood, you make my heart feel good.   smiley_heart
Say when

Magicman

It is an honor to have grumpy old men that are also your friends.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I see that you are staying grumpy.  You, Sir, are an inspiration.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

PC-Urban-Sawyer

My wife accuses me of being a grumpy old man but I can't claim to be anywhere near as helpful to those in need as your group is...

Maybe I need to start looking for somebody who needs help.

God bless you.

Herb

pineywoods

Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on June 01, 2016, 10:59:35 PM
My wife accuses me of being a grumpy old man but I can't claim to be anywhere near as helpful to those in need as your group is...

Maybe I need to start looking for somebody who needs help.

God bless you.

Herb
No need to go looking.  What you do is learn to recognize the needs when they show up. There will be some you can't do anything about, but chances are, you know somebody who can. communicate. I am blessed to have a network of willing friends with all manner of talents.

pineywoods

Grumpy projects been kinda slow lately, here's one of the latest. The area around Baton Rouge, La got hit with some major flooding a few months back. Some friends kids got 4 feet of water in their house. Young couple with the usual mortgage and car payments. They are trying to re-build their home themselves and hit a snag with wide expensive baseboards, which were all ruined. They gave me a sample, and grumpy old men to the rescue. Donated logs from a tree service co. work party with my mill for lumber. I used the sample to make a matching molding knife for my woodmaster planer. Ran 250 lineal feet of 6 inch wide baseboard. The finished boards got loaded on the truck and sent down the road before I thought about pics, so no picks, but it did happen.  ;D Here's a pic of the sample and the molding knife installed in the woodmaster.

Don P

Nice job. My Dad's group was "the smurfs". The local churches, charities and social services helped keep the men out of their wives hair and plowing all that skill back into the community. I'm not sure if the churches called first or if the wives called the churches looking for work for their menfolk  :D

pineywoods

Another grumpy ole men project that really touches a soft spot for me. People far and wide bring me handi-cap scooters and power wheel chairs they no longer need or units needing repairs. We repair as needed and give them to whom ever has a need, 7 in the last few months. 3 recipients were dis-abled veterans, 2 of them got 2 units, one for indoor use and another more suited for outdoor conditions.
Four more in my shop awaiting repairs.

These 2 will need batteries and a good cleanup.

One scooter and 1 chair, both of these will probably be cannibalized for parts.

I am amazed at how robust and sophisticated these machines are.

NO, the toyota pickup don't go...that's my personal wheels... ;D

Thank You Sponsors!