iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2012 Forestry Forum Pigroast RSVP Thread!

Started by Jeff, May 28, 2012, 11:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

How about slide down a zip line wearing a pig costume? :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

Magicman

It may take more than a pig costume to cover all of that ugly up.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Sunday I should land in Ottawa and then on to Saulte Ste Marie, Ontario for a few. Then I'm heading south on the 3rd of August after lunch.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Burlkraft on July 26, 2012, 09:28:10 AM
Hey Poston,
One way to get back on the Boss's good side would be to show up at the pig roast and run across the roof in a gorilla costume  :D :D :D

Burl, I have parted ways with the MONKEY ACT.  :D That avatar left a BAD taste in my mouth.   steve_smiley

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on July 26, 2012, 09:41:57 AM
How about slide down a zip line wearing a pig costume? :D

Now this would be THE WORST thing anybody could do, is to show up at the FF PIG ROAST in a PIG SUIT!

R U CRAZY !    :D

food3 food3 food3 food3 food3 food3 food3 food3 food3 food3

Raider Bill

Crazy doesn't even scratch my surface ;) ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

WDH

David,

If you do not come to the Pig Roast, I am going to have to come to SC and hunt you down if I am going to meet you.  You sneaked past me on the way to Floriida and back  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

WDH, pick me up on the way. I'm on your way to see him, more or less.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 26, 2012, 08:01:06 PM
David,

If you do not come to the Pig Roast, I am going to have to come to SC and hunt you down if I am going to meet you.  You sneaked past me on the way to Floriida and back  :).

It'll have to be next year and you can meet ALL the CLAMPETTS. Jed, Ellie and Jethro.  :D

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

jPell

Any chance you all could move this to the upper east coast??  ;D  I'd love to join but the 15ish hour drive would be tough to swing.
Wood-Mizer LT-15 with 3 beds, Husky 455, no tractor (yet).
There's something about a saw blade making its way through a piece of wood.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: jPell on July 26, 2012, 09:12:55 PM
Any chance you all could move this to the upper east coast??  ;D  I'd love to join but the 15ish hour drive would be tough to swing.

Hey J, Where you stay?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Okrafarmer

I don't think we can make it. But there is a "thing" developing down in Georgia on Sat before Labor Day. We're looking at possibly going down there. However, the development of it is a bit sporadic, as it was just Customsawyer, WDH, and some people saying, hey, let's mill up some Sycamore and whoever wants to can come. So that's why I wanted you over on that thread to see if you could come to it.
8)

customsawyer

You will have to do another pig roast with out the wife and I as there is no way we are getting this order done in time. :(
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

BBTom

You all keep backing out and I might win my own gallon of maple syrup to bring back home!   :'(

Nah!  I think Jeff would probably hold it for safe keeping.   ;D
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Texas Ranger

So, will there be camera coverage at the piggy roast this year, for us less fortunate? ???
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

oakiemac

I posted earlier that we were thinking about coming. Looks like we are definately coming aslo will be heading up the great UP to conduct a little business. Should be a great weekend! ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

WDH

BBTom,

I am looking forward to winning that maple syrup!  At the first Pig Roast that I attended in 2007, you brought some, and that was some of the best stuff that I have ever tasted  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on July 27, 2012, 09:35:39 PM
BBTom,

I am looking forward to winning that maple syrup!  At the first Pig Roast that I attended in 2007, you brought some, and that was some of the best stuff that I have ever tasted  8).

I have to admit, I have never had any syrup unless it came from the grocery store. How does Jeff's compare?

Jeff

QuoteHow does Jeff's compare?
The grocery store's syrup is much thicker than mine, and sweeter too. Mostly, because, I don't have syrup. smiley_whacko

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on July 27, 2012, 09:55:09 PM
QuoteHow does Jeff's compare?
The grocery store's syrup is much thicker than mine, and sweeter too. Mostly, because, I don't have syrup. smiley_whacko

:D :D :D The way they were talking, I thought you were giving away some VERY good syrup, that you got from a tree. But your reply....."mostly because I don't have any syrup" was too Dang FUNNY.  :D :D :D

Jeff

Quote from: BBTom on July 27, 2012, 10:40:07 AM
You all keep backing out and I might win my own gallon of maple syrup to bring back home!   :'(

Here is the clue to who makes and brings the syrup. :) And it is very good syrup. :)

Thank You Sponsors!