iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring gettogether in WNC

Started by Seaman, April 06, 2013, 08:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

If there is enough interest, I would like to host a get together at our farm this spring for FF members.
I am thinking a cookout and mill demonstrations, or any other wood skill.

Ockrsfarmer is willing to bring his WM, we have the Lucas here, I can find a couple logs to play with!
There is a pond and plenty of camping space if any one wants, and of course it will be a family affair.
Any other ideas are welcome.

I am thinking the middle of May, weekend of 11th or 18th.

That's my broad idea, what think you?
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Tee

Hi Seaman,
      I would be interested if it comes to be.
                              Tee

davidlarson

Seaman - I'd like to come down from Spruce Pine, not very far at all.
David L.

Okrafarmer

Seaman, I meant to get back with you about that.  I can do it any weekend except the 11th or 18th.  :-\ We'll be leaving the 11th and coming back the 18th from a family vacation. The 25th would be good for me. What do you think?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

scsmith42

I'd like to attend, but mid May is normally when I'm cutting hay (weather dependent) so I could not commit until a few days before the event.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

pyrocasto

I can make it I believe, most dates. I'd be happy to get together and meet everyone.

Seaman

Okrafarmer
We will keep working on a date. 25th won't work i think, maybe June1. 

Let me see how many are interested.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Amelia Farms

I would be interested in coming,  but I have to work around harvesting hay also.
Woodmizer LT40, wish it was hydraulic.

taylorsmissbeehaven

I think I could make it. It would be fun to put some faces with the names. Keep us posted!Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Seaman on April 07, 2013, 07:33:35 AM
Okrafarmer
We will keep working on a date. 25th won't work i think, maybe June1. 

Let me see how many are interested.

June 1 should be fine for me.  :) Note: if there is anyone else closer to Seaman who has a bandmill and would like to bring it instead of me, that's fine too.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Seaman

Agreed, I'm not picking on Okrafarmer, ..Pyrocasto maybe?
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

SPD748

I'm in! Keep us posted on a date.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Shhhhhhhh.......I might slip off and head that way.  smiley_horserider
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

samandothers

tjhammer

keep us posted on the date how far from Ashville are you?
tj
hammer

Robert Duval

I will talk to the wife but I don't see an issue with it. It's always a good day when you make new friends and learn something at the same time.
                                                                                                                     Rob & Sarah

sumday

I'd definitely try to make it. Sounds like a good time.

Seaman

tjhammer, 20 min east on 40 for you
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Robert Duval on April 07, 2013, 09:17:32 PM
I will talk to the wife but I don't see an issue with it. It's always a good day when you make new friends and learn something at the same time.
                                                                                                                     Rob & Sarah

Wow, that would be great! That's quite a trip to make.

I might add, if people are thinking of coming into the area from a long ways away, and have never had a chance to visit western North Carolina before, there are some really great things to see and do within a short drive of Seaman's place. He could probably tell you more about it than I can, but among other things, there is Chimney Rock and other great scenic mountain areas, the Cherokee reservation with many different attractions, and the Biltmore Estate, definitely worth visiting. If you're making a trip of it, there are plenty of great things to see.  ;D

Seaman

Okrafarmer is correct as usual, lots to do and see close to here.

Like I said , plenty of camping room, pond for the kids, or big kids, if you come from a distance you are welcome to camp for as long as you want. Several nice hotels within 20 min drive, and a local campground with cabins.

I would not be opposed to the burning of gunpowder if any felt led in that direction, 100yrd benches and pistol berm on site.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

thecfarm

Sounds like a good time. Forestry Forum friends,food,sawmill,how can you not have a good time.
By the way,what will you have for food?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You really want me to answer that?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

If the menu is bread,meat and chesse,yes. What else is there to eat???  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

Quote from: thecfarm on April 08, 2013, 10:29:12 PM
If the menu is bread,meat and chesse,yes. What else is there to eat???  :D

We will make sure there is bread, meat, and cheese. Among other things. . . .  ::)

You coming?  ;D

thecfarm

The "other things" have me a little concerned about making the trip.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!