Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

dgdrls

pine

Jim
Our thoughts are with you.  Staying active and living your way is the best that one can do.  Advice that is true whether 20 or 90.  Wish you the best.

SAnVA

Best of luck to you and hang in there my friend!

mikeb1079

good to hear jim.  it's been brutal cold here all winter for us too!  think spring!   8)
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

woodweasel

Happycamper

Many many Thanks for all your kind thoughts, prayers and wishes. This past week a little slow but my appetite is improving again and that does give me more strength. The weather is finally moderating and doesn't require as many trips up and down the basement stairs to feed the stove, but that is probably a good thing as it get's me out of the chair and moving. I am in great hopes that perhaps next week with help I can get on the old "H" with possibly a step ladder and someone to work the tongs and I can pull some fir logs out of the pile to have cut to length and then put them on the mill to saw for a friend of mine. The cold air does make it a bit easier to breath as there is more oxygen in it so hopefully it will work. I'll have a friend take some photos if we get underway. I have lost a lot of weight so am not very strong now.
               All the Best to a Wonderful group of caring fellows,
                                           Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

oklalogdog

Happy Camper...Just remember there is always hope, and believe it or not I have known a few people who were miraculously cured of a terminal illness for whatever reason.  Most of us will receive the kind of news you got sooner or later.  I will never forget the night back in 1971 when we got a similar diagnosis and prognosis on my father who was age 62 at the time. He put up a valiant fight for his family I think more than anything else, and it was so heartbreaking to see him go.

I myself am age 63 now and have suffered two heart attacks but I too have found a new life with my Timberking sawmill.  It has given me and my beautiful wife pleasureful moments together that are immeasurable.  Hang in there buddy and let us know if you need anything from us at all.  I am sure all the people in here will help you in an instant if they can.
Amateurs built the Ark - Professionals built the Titanic

TK 2000, TK 1220, Belsaw M14, John Deere 7610 with loader, Ford 9N.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You da Man Jim. Keep going!  :) Good to hear from you.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Thanks for the update Jim.  Everyone needs a hero and right now, you are mine.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Barney II

Jim, Miracles are made of faith and a willingness not to give up.  Keep up the good work and my prayers are with you. 
Ya never know
Woodmizer  1985 lt30

goose63

Jim you can do it we are praying for you 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

A real pleasure to hear from you again Jim.

You're in my thoughts daily!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

diesel pap

thanks for the update jim. like i said i look everyday to see if you posted. prayers.

Nomad

Quote from: Happycamper on February 11, 2014, 10:24:00 AM
I'll have a friend take some photos if when we get underway.

I don't doubt you'll get it done.  You're not hearing the fat lady sing yet!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Too Big To Fail

Stay strong Jim, and try to enjoy the best of the season!

markkelly

My family is praying for you, and yours.

God bless,
Mark
LT 10 Woodmizer, Stihl, Husquvana,wood carving tools, Ford 3000 Tractor, Trailer.

wood monger

I'll be prayin' for you, Happy Camper.

customsawyer

Thanks for the update. Hang in there, we are hoping for the best for you.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

SawyerBrown

Praying for strength for you, Jim, to live out whatever time you have left here in this world, to do whatever it is that you want. Regrets that I never had the honor to meet you ... maybe someday in a better place.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

YellowHammer

Quote from: SawyerBrown on February 12, 2014, 06:04:53 AM
Praying for strength for you, Jim, to live out whatever time you have left here in this world, to do whatever it is that you want. Regrets that I never had the honor to meet you ... maybe someday in a better place.

Could not have said it better.  Hang in there.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Happycamper

Thank You for the continued encouragement. It is critical to have nice support and you fellows have sure offered that which I will be forever grateful for.

Had a phone call a day before yesterday about the mill and called them back yesterday. He said he would be right up there to look at the mill. About an hour later "he" arrived with his brother. We talked a bit and then went out in the rain (mill under cover) and I started the engine and engaged the blade. Sawed up a Fir log and we came into the house and sat down where he placed the asking price "in cash" on the table and said I'll take it, WOW. So now I must get my friends 2 X 6's cut before the snow goes down and the mill can be moved out to a new good home. Thankful I am, needless to say. You can plainly see that not all luck is bad.
                                             Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

drobertson

Happy for you and the sale, it must have felt good to crank up the saw and have a good showing,   take care,
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Quote from: Happycamper on February 13, 2014, 08:41:32 AMThankful I am, needless to say. You can plainly see that not all luck is bad.  Jim
And it is not always "luck" my Friend.  Your positive attitude and winning spirit overshadows all signs of luck.  MY thoughts, prayers, and well wishes continue to be with you.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Has to be with mixed emotions. Even though they are just "things", some of us get attached to our machines. Sometimes cars, sometimes tractors, a saw mill, whatever it may be, especially after we've spent lots of time and love taking care of them. I hope your mill gets the same TLC you have shown her all these years.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Thank You Sponsors!