iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not happy to report this

Started by Happycamper, January 21, 2014, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Jim, thank you so much for updating us again. Don't feel bad taking some pain meds to make things tolerable. You know the things you want to do in a day, if the meds help you get there take all you need to ;) God bless you, Jim
Too many irons in the fire

Nomad

Thanks for the update Jim.  Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip too!  Hang in there; you're doing better than most people would in your situation.  We're all pulling for you.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

beenthere

Seems we are all pulling for you Jim, and learning about something probably most of us (I for one) don't know what we would do in your situation.
What I am learning is "no need to fold up the card table too soon, keep playing and just plan to leave a few cards on the table". 
Enjoy the day, and look forward to tomorrow.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

glenn molenaar

Jim,
It is great to read your post, your post has made my day. Keeping you in our prayers.
Glenn & Linda

warina drive

Keep it going,good to hear from you

drobertson

Thanks again Jim for the update,  it always seemed to me that sleep was better in the outdoors, and the breakfast and coffee in the mornings better too!  Our prayers with you and your family,  take care,  and will say there's no way you could bore us with anything on your mind,       david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

5quarter

I know the feeling of being out in the woods in spring after a long winter...there's nothing like it. So glad to hear you're out there enjoying it. If you're so inclined, now's a good time of year to get out and plant a few trees. BTW... thanks for mentioning not to postpone getting or doing those things that bring you joy. I needed to hear that.
Remember that no detail of a mans life, no matter how small, is unworthy of mention. All of us are right there beside you. Glad to hear from you Jim.

Chet
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

drobertson

Quote from: 5quarter on May 09, 2014, 04:01:02 PM
I know the feeling of being out in the woods in spring after a long winter...there's nothing like it. So glad to hear you're out there enjoying it. If you're so inclined, now's a good time of year to get out and plant a few trees. BTW... thanks for mentioning not to postpone getting or doing those things that bring you joy. I needed to hear that.
Remember that no detail of a mans life, no matter how small, is unworthy of mention. All of us are right there beside you. Glad to hear from you Jim.

Chet
Well said, we are in this short life together, ... 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

diesel pap

jim, dont think you bore us with updates. i am so glad to hear from you. praying for you daily.

Happycamper

Thanks so much fellows, you have no idea of the inspiration you are helping to give me to continue on. I do enjoy each day as much is allowed and happily report "life is not all bad" of the two options I do choose to follow the positive way while remembering my age. I have not been cut short of time like so so many have. I get out doors every day for a while and very slowly accomplish something around the place and every day update my list of "to do" items and that too help inspire me to continue on. My appetite is good again after loosing 40 lbs. around the  first of the year as I just did not want any food and have gained 5 lbs. back which I am very happy about and I feel better for it. I do want to say to all of you that if you notice any change in your body and no one knows it like you DO look into it and Don't let it go. The earlier detection of issues the better for any physical problem. Meanwhile I am planning on another little trip with my tent even though I cannot hike but I can enjoy the trip and being in the woods which I hope to do as long as I am able to drive.
                                                       Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

slider

Jim I just got back I have been gone a couple of days and saw your post .It sure is good to see you out and about.al
al glenn

thecfarm

Happycamper,you can tent on my land anytime you want.
Breakfast is at 8. BYOg    :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Quote from: thecfarm on May 11, 2014, 12:59:09 PM
Happycamper,you can tent on my land anytime you want.
Here too Jim use my wood stove for the tent and all the camp fire wood want take care buddy 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

customsawyer

Come on down for the Sycamore Project and stay as long as you want. The yard is always open. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Happycamper

I 'll make a dream trip with my camping equipment stopping first in North Dakota at goose63's place then on to Georgia for a time at customsawyer's before heading to Maine to thecfarm's woods. From Main back into Canada and the trip west and home for the winter if I time it correctly. I actually had a trip planned to be back in Ontario for a while this month but just don't feel strong enough to do it so have cancelled the idea. Most all days are tolerable with a little help,  but yesterday was a real washout. I guess that is to make me appreciate the better days which I am most grateful for. Any day I can be outside and get a little more done improving the place makes me quite happy. By lunch time or before I am done in and have to hit the oxygen in the house.
                                                     Jim

Hilltop366

Might as well hop on the new ferry boat (Nova Star) in Portland Maine and come over to Yarmouth Nova Scotia, I'm only 10 min. from the ferry.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Happycamper

Hilltop366,
  That sure sounds good to me, let me know what day of the week the yard sales are held along the highways and I'll be happy to hop on the Nova Star and come over to Yarmouth this fall before I return to BC for the winter.
                                            Jim

Happycamper

Checking in once again with all my encouraging friends on the forum. I am still (trucking) on quite weak but able to do some things for a while, rest and do a bit more. I did have an extended weekend of four wonderful nights with my tent once again. No hiking or waking but am able to drive which doesn't take much physical effort and hope to be able to continue this for a while longer yet. Being able to "get away" for a few days just means so much to me, especially now.
I sure miss the little mill but know there was no way possible to use it again.  Appreciate your health and strength and enjoy your mills and milling and to those reading this don't wait any longer to get than mill you have wanted for so long and enjoy the (time of your life).
                                                              Jim

Magicman

Thank you Jim for the timely and uplifting report.  Certainly there is nothing about your attitude that needs fixing.  You are truly an inspiration.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hilltop366

Nice to hear from you Happycamper, the yard sales are usually on Saturday but there are a few continuos old stuff barns around as well.

If you ever watched Canadian Pickers there was a show done in my area where they went to a barn a few miles from my house I think the big item was a whirly gig rooster and also went to the  village where my mom is from called West Pubnico.

I'm glad to hear you can still get out an about and enjoy the outdoors, In my case as well as others your advise in not falling on deaf ears.

Cheers
Anthony

Kingcha

I finally caught up on some of the posts.   Reading all the post in this thread was very heart warming to say the least.  A lot of strength and wisdom can be found in one happycamper.

Jim I am glad to hear you are able to get back out in the woods and do some camping.   I hope your upcoming dream trip is a good one.

I too try not to talk about regrets and surprised myself when much when I jumped in feet first into the sawdust.   I have started telling myself "Just do it and enjoy life"   Thank you for the words of wisdom Jim
Quote from: Happycamper on May 08, 2014, 09:54:27 AM
I don't like to talk about regrets but if I can have one it would be waiting until 79 years of age to buy use and enjoy something I had thought of for a lot of years. If you are inclined and thinking of a mill do not, do not put it off buying one.

All the best
Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

thecfarm

Happercamper,yes,enjoy life.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

Thank You Sponsors!