iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not happy to report this

Started by Happycamper, January 21, 2014, 09:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

You know, Jim, I just have the feeling the Good Lord is looking down on you right now, and He's thinking you're having such a positive influence on the people you know and even those you don't know, and He's just gonna make you stay here a little longer and keep on doing what you're doing.  That's a good thing for all of us who will have to deal with our mortality one day or another.  Thanks for being our role model.   ... Pete
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

GAB

Quote from: SawyerBrown on June 22, 2014, 10:38:36 AM
You know, Jim, I just have the feeling the Good Lord is looking down on you right now, and He's thinking you're having such a positive influence on the people you know and even those you don't know, and He's just gonna make you stay here a little longer and keep on doing what you're doing.  That's a good thing for all of us who will have to deal with our mortality one day or another.  Thanks for being our role model.   ... Pete

Very very well said.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Stephen1

Good morning Jim, from Ontario I had lost this post and was wondering how you have been .I did make it to Kingston camping with my other friends in that area. I just returned and found the post from you. I am so glad you are still up and going. It sounds like you are enjoy the outings you are having. The camping and being with nature and friends.
When you do your road trip , as everyone says , drop in and visit I will let you have the cabin you see on the left here, or you can just set up the tent by the lake, firewood is abundant here, as I retired and now have sawmill business running great.
Cheers
Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Chuck White

Very nice offer Stephen1.

Hope all is still going good with you Jim, you're in our thoughts!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Happycamper

Good Morning fellow sawyers. I'm still up and running but slowing down and walking with a cane. I just came back from Vancouver Island to visit our daughter and friends there. I drove back in one day and that was a difficult trip from 6:00 am until 2:30.  I stayed in my tent all the time and enjoyed watching the ferries and boats go by. A fellow I met in McDonalds asked me if I would like to go for a plane ride so 1 1/2 hour tour of the islands was enjoyed. I ended up in the hospital for a few days after a very high dose of radiation because of blood loss all the way home  but did get 6 hours of mowing done after I got home. I am planning on a 4 night tent trip this weekend to see friends 4 hours from here. It is difficult to get out of the tent in the morning but once vertical I am ok to go. Just do not want to give up or give in. It's the same drive I had when I learned how to use, love and enjoy my little sawmill.
                                               All the Best to all and Thank You for the encouragement,
                                                                                 Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Magicman

Jim,  Your focus and endurance is amazing and I admire your attitude.  You are truly an inspiration to me and my thoughts wander and imagine what your next adventure will be.  You are my hero.  Thank you for thinking of us and giving us an update.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Jim, you are definately an inspiration to all who read of your adventures!

I really admire your "don't give up" attitude!

Take care, My Friend!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Weekend_Sawyer

Jim, You have been on my mind lately, I was very glad to see your post this morning. You have such a positive outlook.

Thank you for keeping us in your life.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

beenthere

Super to hear all that you are doing.
smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

isawlogs

A plane ride, what a cool dude you met.  8)

Keep the spirit in high gear Jim, you, my friend, are an inspiration to us all!   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

goose63

Now that is good news Jim makes me happy to hear you are still in high gear God bless you Jim 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

Jim,glad to hear from you. Keep at it,just the way you are doing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerBrown

Thanks again for sharing your love of life with us, Jim.  You're my hero too 
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Nomad

Quote from: Magicman on July 16, 2014, 09:21:21 AM
Jim,  Your focus and endurance is amazing and I admire your attitude.  You are truly an inspiration to me and my thoughts wander and imagine what your next adventure will be.  You are my hero.  Thank you for thinking of us and giving us an update.

I could not have said it better. 
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

samandothers

Great to hear of your adventures current and future!  Glad there are fun plans ahead! 

ND rancher

TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

glenn molenaar

Jim,
Great to hear your reports, keeping you in our prayers.

Glenn & Linda

Red Good

Been busy and away for 2 long . Really glad to see you still here and traveling about . Always interested to see where you are headed next . Keep on keeping on . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

5quarter

Good morning to you too Jim! You remind my 10 year old Son of Bilbo Baggins. Like yourself, Bilbo was old, but never too old for another "adventure".  ;) Have you heard from the fellow who bought your mill? It might be nice to check in with him and see how he's getting along with it. I should mention Jim that I took your advice regarding not putting things off til "later". I've always intended to leave a detailed, written record of my life That my family could enjoy after I'm gone, but I've put it off now for years. Last night I resolved to get it started and I have. Thanks buddy.
Keep enjoying the fresh air and activities. probably the 2 best things you can do for yourself. Check in when you can.

Chet
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

slider

It sure is good to see you are still enjoying life Jim.L'll bet you enjoyed the plane ride.  al
al glenn

drobertson

Thanks for the update Jim, and I have to say you are making me feel a lil bit lazy, so glad you are still enjoying life!  take care,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

customsawyer

Thanks for keeping us posted Jim. I look forward to all of your stories about your adventures.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Happycamper

Magic Man was wondering what my next adventure would be. Well I just had 4 wonderful nights with the tent again about four hours south of where I live, when I came home yesterday I found my wife laying on the floor with a  stroke and she is in the hospital now and I'm told it may be for some time with therapy and all. As I have said fellows, don't put off what you would like to do in retirement and old age. Enjoy life and do what you can afford to do and see. At this point I don't have any more info.
                                         All the Best to All of you and so many Thanks for your support, it Sincerely does help.
                                                                                                Jim

Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

clww

Continuing prayers for your wife and you now being sent up.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

BradMarks

My heart sank on your latest post. Sorry to hear the news. You are way strong. Stay that way.

Thank You Sponsors!