iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

de-bearded myself

Started by yukon cornelius, January 22, 2017, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

It was time. I had been growing this since 2010, the night before my last shift as a firefighter. I had been in the fire service since I was 18. well, I couldn't stay away. I just joined the local volunteer fire department.

I trimmed it for the first time about a month ago and today I just decided it was time for it to go.

After

I am still ugly but I am less fuzzy and ugly  ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Say when

tree-farmer

Last shaved July 1975, would scare wife and critters if I did that :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Kbeitz

Time to change you'r avatar.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Ljohnsaw

The title made me think you had an incident with an OWB flashback or BBQ ;)  Looks good but you missed some on the sides of your mouth :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

trapper

35 years ago they shaved me in the hospital and a couple of my kids did not know me.
My current wife of 23 years has never seen me  without a beard.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

gspren

The last time I shaved I was a teenager on a Tin-Can off the coast of Viet Nam. The Navy said it was OK to grow a beard and I took that as an ORDER to grow a beard.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

paul case

You look fine sporting that freshly hacked out PCM.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

47sawdust

Shaving your beard makes your hair look longer.

You look great!
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

trapper

What does Henry say about it?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

yukon cornelius

Quote from: trapper on January 23, 2017, 10:01:39 AM
What does Henry say about it?

He doesn't like it. He was certain he would not know who I was.  :D

When I see me, it is like looking back in time. I think I don't look as old.

Czech_Made

Can't stand big beard in VA heat, this was winter few years back.

Czech_Made

Took it down in steps  :)

And yes, I was not sober in this picture  ;D

petefrom bearswamp

Had mine since the late 70s, shaved it once then and my daughters told me to grow it back quick.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

21incher

I have had mine since I was 16. It is a great neck warmer this time of the year.  ;D
I bet they will ask you for id if you try to buy beer now.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

I've been contemplating shaving off my mustache for the first time since I've known my wife, buying a straw hat and a denim coat and let her find me sitting in the living room with a mantle lantern lit.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Jeff on January 23, 2017, 02:23:50 PM
I've been contemplating shaving off my mustache for the first time since I've known my wife, buying a straw hat and a denim coat and let her find me sitting in the living room with a mantle lantern lit.

That is funny! Let us know how it goes ;D

Roxie

If you do that, Jeff, you are likely to freak out the dogs. 

Back when I was about seven years old, my Dad got all dressed up with a suit, overcoat, and hat.  I think he was going to a funeral, but at any rate, he began to walk down the hallway toward us, and our collie, Lassie, would not let him pass her or get close to us.  She really did act like she was going to take a bite out of him.   :D  My Mom yelled to him to kneel down and put his hand out so Lassie could smell him.  It worked!  Lassie was wagging her tail and we were all cheering.  My Dad was muttering under his breath about what a stupid dog, but then he patted her head and told her that she sure did a good job of watching out for her kids. 

Say when

slider

Yukon I think you did good.I wish I had as much on top as you do.
I last shaved in 1970.It was funny no body noticed.I must not have much of a beard back then.
al glenn

ozarkgem

I shave every day. I cannot stand facial hair on me. Longest I ever went without shaving we were playing  war games in Fl. 4 days was all I could stand.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

sawguy21

X2 I tried growing a beard once, a concerned friend convinced me to get rid of it before I got picked up for vagrancy. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

samandothers

Lose the mustache and you'd be Mr Clean vs Yukon!

r.man

My oldest is 25 and she has never seen me without some length of beard, shaved it off the last time about 5 months before she was born. Yukon you look decent either way.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Czech_Made

Quote from: Roxie on January 23, 2017, 04:36:33 PM
If you do that, Jeff, you are likely to freak out the dogs. 

Back when I was about seven years old, my Dad got all dressed up with a suit, overcoat, and hat.  I think he was going to a funeral, but at any rate, he began to walk down the hallway toward us, and our collie, Lassie, would not let him pass her or get close to us.  She really did act like she was going to take a bite out of him.   :D  My Mom yelled to him to kneel down and put his hand out so Lassie could smell him.  It worked!  Lassie was wagging her tail and we were all cheering.  My Dad was muttering under his breath about what a stupid dog, but then he patted her head and told her that she sure did a good job of watching out for her kids.

;D ;D 

Ever seen sheep being sheared?  When you let the shorn back in the pen, others will butt heads with her few times, the new look confuses them.

Thank You Sponsors!