iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I can remember a Dodge car my Brother had that had a "L" on the end of the stud and an "R" on the stud on the other side of the car.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

plowboyswr

The ole '65 ford in my avitar has left hand threaded studs on the left side of the truck and right hand threads on the right. The neighbor's '59 GMC 2 ton is the same way. Truck is looking and sounding good.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

sandhills

Yes, unfortunately I still get to drive an'73 old freight shaker the same way  :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Jeff,

I really like the pictures you have been posting lately, Can you tell us how you do it?

On LH lug nuts, they usually have a score mark around them in the middle of the nut.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dana

I had a 46. The front will be the same.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Jeff

Everything I find, the right side should be right handed threads. This tels me at some point, the right hub was replaced, and replaced with a lefthand hub.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

jeff I hope this truck don't turn you to the left ;)  :D 8)

Ljohnsaw

Jeff,
Just a thought...  Did you pull the front drums off yet?  Are they both right handed? ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Not yet, but front drums are not the same as the back, so, not what yet thinking.  :)

Jeff

Ready for some new shoes!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Jeff on April 27, 2017, 09:26:52 PM
Ready for some new shoes!

Wingtips or brogans?

;D

Looking good.

Herb

Jeff

Quote from: sandhills on April 25, 2017, 11:46:54 AM
Jeff, a guy about 20 miles away from me has a boneyard with acres and acres of trucks I'd be surprised if he didn't have a few of those, what are you looking for?  Nice to see her running!

Sent you a PM, not sure you got it.  I'm looking for the windshield frame assembly and running boards.  I got 3 running boards with it, and turns out, none of them are for this truck.

Oh, i don't need a horn!!
https://youtu.be/hhgObq1jFL4

sandhills

Sorry Jeff, I got your pm and another wanting his number, I'll get a hold of him today but been busy with work, calving, and now of coarse we're having our end of April blizzard  ::).  I'll see what I can come up with.

Jeff

One more little step. Horn all blasted, reassembled and painted. It got louder! It's a great horn.

Here is the next little project. The aforementioned heater. All torn apart. Turns out, it has a fan. And it works. Lots of elbow grease goona be needed on this one!

Darrel

Hey Jeff, the old horn looks as good as it sounds! 8) 8) 8)

And you got the whole weekend to work on the heater!

You da MAN!!!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Jeff

This weekend's project.

https://youtu.be/HLw5KhpwhP8

Peter Drouin

Looking good, nice paint,  8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thechknhwk

How'd ya get it cleaned up so nice?

Jeff

Power washer cleaned the paint off the aluminum cover, followed by sandpaper and a wire brush followed by sandpaper for the steel parts. Every screw and every bolt was cleaned.  I used a rustoleum "hammered" spray paint on the cover and hand pinned striped the steel art deco bands on the front and doors. I had to rewire the old motor as the cloth covered wire was in bad shape.  Heater core was flushed and blown clean, tested and painted. Its all good to go some day!  I won't be putting it back into the truck until the truck is ready for it.

Magicman

Looks/sounds good.

I see your medical stash in the 4th picture.   :o   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

lookin good    the heater box looks like the old speakers at the drive in movies 

sandhills

I want your vice!  Tried to buy a good old anvil on an auction a few weeks ago but knew I wouldn't be there, didn't leave a high enough bid  :-\.  That heater turned great!

Don P

Looking good Jeff  8)
Hold on to those running boards if you can until you can ID the year, I know mine are shot.

Jeff

Ain't it purty?
Forgot to take a picture of the new brakes hanging on it before putting on the hub. I still have the other side to do.

Delawhere Jack

Built before the age of "planned obsolescence". Cool!!

It's coming along quickly too.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!