iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIKER

Didn't read through all 94 pages but Ohio weather has been really odd one this year really dry July growing season and then rained almost every day for months on end it seems.   most of northern Ohio broke err SMASHED yearly rainfall amount back in early November & we have yet to get a measurable snowfall level.  today looks to be the best chance since march for us...   There are a couple snows in the lake effect areas but even the lake is too warm to let it snow much in the normal areas as the water is keeping it from getting down low enough to snow...

maybe by Christmas we will get an inch or two to make it white then it can go back to or primary season of MUD.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

chevytaHOE5674

Was 4* this morning going for a high of 20. Really windy and snowing out there right now. Got to love winter.

jim king

This surprised me.

QuoteOf course now, tonight's news reported that China's industrial pollution is the cause of our weather.

Environmental Pollution
May 28th, 2011 | Author: admin
The environmental problems in India are growing rapidly. The increasing economic development and a rapidly growing population that has taken the country from 300 million people in 1947 to more than one billion people today is putting a strain on the environment, infrastructure, and the country's natural resources. Industrial pollution, soil erosion, deforestation, rapid industrialization,  urbanization, and land degradation are all worsening problems. Overexploitation of the country's resources be it land or water and the industrialization process has resulted environmental degradation of  resources.  Environmental pollution is one of the most serious problems facing humanity and other life forms on our planet today.

India's per capita carbon dioxide emissions were roughly 3,000 pounds (1,360 kilograms) in 2007, according to the study. That's small compared to China and the U.S., with 10,500 pounds (4,763 kilograms) and 42,500 pounds (19,278 kilograms) respectively that year. The study said that the European Union and Russia also have more emissions than India.

India has been ranked as seventh most environmentally hazardous country in the world by a new ranking released recently. The study is based on evaluation of "absolute" environment impact of 179 countries, whose data was available and has been done by researchers in Harvard, Princeton, Adelaide University and University of Singapore 0n January 12, 2011.
Brazil was found to be worst on environmental indicators whereas Singapore was the best. United States was rated second worst and China was ranked third.

Coon

Where is winter?  >:(  Definately not really here yet.  Oh wait.... it's not December 21st yet.   :D   We have very little snow and the weather here now is just below freezing with temps expected to be above zero for the next couple of days.  Our farm 75 miles away there is about 6 inches of crystalized snow which is about 4 inches more than here.  We have more ice than snow and that is not normal.  :-\ 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

thecfarm

Things are starting to tighten up now. Got down into the single numbers last night,today's high was 22. It's all ready 8 degree now. But may warm up Wed. Time to start to plug the tractor in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Cold here.  Going to get down to 30 tonight.  I think that I will saw some oak tomorrow since the sawing weather will be perfect.  Brisk in the morning in a sweatshirt, T-shirt in the afternoon.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

2° F here this morning, that'll make you two step around a mill or else head to the woodshed for firewood.  splitwood_smiley fire_smiley

I think I'll stay inside a warm shop.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

It was 52° here yesterday, I went out deer hunting and was hot even dressed light. Supposed to cool down but still really mild for this time of year.

SwampDonkey

Musta been a pound of that bacon Cfarm suggested for serving size. ;D ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

The old timers use to eat to keep warm. Not many went out with just a cup of coffee and toast in thier bellies to cut wood.
Was down to just a single 3 last night. Not use to this cold weather. In fact we got home last night at 4:00 and I just threw in a few sticks into the OWB and did not go back out until about 9:30. I got quite a surprise when I opened the door of the OWB. Not much wood was in there. Was down to 8 when I checked on it. It's not 40 outside any more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

Merry Christmas??

...MUCH COLDER TEMPERATURES TO ARRIVE IN THE ALASKA INTERIOR
BY THE WEEKEND...

AFTER SEVERAL WEEKS OF ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES IN THE ALASKA
INTERIOR...PUFFY COAT WEATHER IS EXPECTED TO RETURN BY THIS
WEEKEND. A COLD UPPER LOW CENTER OVER THE HIGH ARCTIC OCEAN IS
FORECAST TO MOVE SOUTHWARD AND SETTLE INTO THE ALASKA INTERIOR BY
THIS WEEKEND...BRINGING NOTICEABLY COLDER TEMPERATURES TO THE
ALASKA INTERIOR. WHILE THE OVERALL AIRMASS TEMPERATURE WILL BECOME
MUCH COLDER...SURFACE TEMPERATURES WILL BE STRONGLY INFLUENCED BY
CLOUD COVER. SKIES ARE EXPECTED TO REMAIN MOSTLY CLOUDY OVER MUCH
OF THE INTERIOR INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK AND THIS SHOULD KEEP
TEMPERATURES IN MOST AREAS FROM FALLING MUCH BELOW 25 BELOW TO 30
BELOW ZERO. HOWEVER...IN AREAS WHERE CLEAR SKIES OCCUR...TEMPERATURES
OF 40 BELOW OR COLDER WILL BE POSSIBLE BEGINNING THIS WEEKEND. THE
COLD SNAP IS LIKELY TO LAST AT LEAST INTO MOST OF NEXT WEEK.

crtreedude

It looks like the dry season might be a bit early this year. This means it stops raining every day (about once a week), the temperature is about 75 F and very nice breezes. While you all up north are having the worst weather of the year, we are enjoying ourselves until about the first of June - when the rains start again.

Which is why this time of year is when the tourist come here in flocks...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

SwampDonkey

Rained here all night, but I think some is freezing to surfaces. It's only 34. In NS it's in the 50's with rain. No power outages here, but schools are closed.

thecfarm

I took the puppy out for a walk this morning when it was still dark out. We was on the front lawn and I could here it raining but could not feel the rain. I was very puzzled for a few minuets. Took my had off pulled my sleeve up and put out my hand,still could feel no rain,but could here it. Than I started to walk towards the woods and the "rain" got louder. We had some rain yesterday and last night. The ice was dripping off from the trees. Sounded just like it was raining.Still no snow,34 outside.

Piston

QuoteStill no snow,34 outside.

Arggh!  I hope it starts snowing soon! 

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

thecfarm

I'm happy without,but I do know we need it to protect the ground and trees from the cold. Many places need it for the money that the snow brings in. It's not all about me.  :D No snow just gives me more time to cut some more wood for winter in places that I could not really get too.

SwampDonkey

The Farmer's Almanac has been really accurate this year, mild and hardly any snow. Yes we had 3 days of near zero, but didn't last obviously. Been more mild than cold.  ;)

Bill Gaiche

Spitin snow here in NE Oklahoma on the first day of winter. But thats all its supposed to do. 25f in the morning.bg

Coon

If we keep getting a little dusting of snow everyday we may get up to a foot of snow this winter.  ::)  Kinda sucks when ya need the snow but don't get it...
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Norm

The 10 day forecast has temps in the mid to up 30's throughout it.

I hope you all know the reason this winter is so mild is because I bought a big ash snowblower. Tell you what lets all chip in on getting me a snowmobile to keep it this way.  :D

Mooseherder

Kansas

Just caught the 7 day forecast. Next Thursday, they are calling for a high of 64. Figures. We put up a building with a heated floor and the temp goes up. We started the great move into it late yesterday, with the first and biggest piece moved. By the time we get everything moved in, it should be up in the 70's and still be January. If we go ahead with plans for geothermal to cool it during the summer, we should have the coolest summer on record next year.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Norm on December 23, 2011, 05:23:32 AM

I hope you all know the reason this winter is so mild is because I bought a big ash snowblower.  :D

Yup, Murffy's Law.  ;D

The first winter I got the snow blower, I only used it once. :D

Really light snow here this morning, might get an inch. Suppose to be cold two days and then mild again. Sunny on Sunday. 8)

thecfarm

Snowing here now. Suppose to get 3 inches than temps will be above freezing to settle it down. Took the puppy out,she was more into playing in the snow than doing what I had her out there far.
kansas,I think I read in the paper some part of KS had a wicked storm. Guess not to near to you.

Kansas

We were right on the edge of it. In Ft Riley, 30 miles west, they got over 6 inches of snow. We didn't get one inch. Did get over an inch of rain. On out in Western Kansas, they had I 70 closed. Location, location, location.

Thank You Sponsors!